The Neautral Gamer
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
4i0lzk.jpg

When an alien attack threatens the Earth's existence, giant robots piloted by humans are deployed to fight off the menace.

Pacific Rim is an upcoming American science fiction film directed by Guillermo del Toro based on a screenplay by Travis Beacham. The film is set in a world where soldiers piloting giant robots battle against giant monsters who have mysteriously risen five miles from beneath the ocean. The film will be an homage to Japanese giant monster films, known as Kaiju worldwide. Del Toro has said the film will be "a beautiful poem to giant monster
American GipsyDange​
281rncx.jpg
Russian JaegerCherno​
5nqb0w.jpg
japan Coyote Tango​
15wjfgi.jpg
Australia STRIKER EUREKA the most powerfull of the robots​
dmza7s.jpg
some suits ?​
2lviceq.jpg

damn this seem like a cool movie anyone else looking forward to it ?

Reactions: a9cito and nryn99

Gahars

Bakayaro Banzai
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
This movie is going to be awesome, but it's so weird seeing Charlie Day in a non-comedic role. That man will forever be Charlie.

(Though this movie is automatically the greatest of all time if he gets to betray the team like this at some point. Come on, Guillmero, don't let me down!)

retKHAAAN

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm still iffy on this one... A live-action mech movie seems like it'd be difficult to get right. The cast is outstanding though. I knew Charlie Hunnam, Charlie Day, and Idris Elba were in it, but catching glimpse of Theo Rossi and Ron Perlman was pretty cool. A little Sons of Anarchy reunion

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Two actual films I might see at the cinema in as many years... I know one was a James Bond film but still I am scared.

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I havent seen it, i feel like its going to be one of those movies that tries to bite off too much GCI for their own good.

also after seeing it, there has been a massive resurgence of Evangelion fans...

Reactions: EZ-Megaman

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I saw it twice. If you like Gundam Wing or Evangelion or anything with mechs, you'll like this movie.

Hmm, I could not stand Evangelion (granted I only saw the abridged version) and I truly detest Gasaraki. However I did like whatever Gundam show I saw and do really like the idea of mechs. I am curious to see how this will play out.

My initial enthusiasm has faded a bit so I am going with the wait until DVD option.

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I havent seen it, i feel like its going to be one of those movies that tries to bite off too much GCI for their own good.
They did their all (short of a 250 foot animatronic Kaiju) to do as much on a physical set as possible. They built a full-size robot head for the cockpit scenes, they built an entire Tokyo alley and part of the city street on actuators (to make it actually bounce with every step of the Kaiju; no Star Trek camera shaking there) for the memory scene, etc.

My initial enthusiasm has faded a bit so I am going with the wait until DVD option.
I won't go for the "it deserves to be watched on a huge screen because del Toro has always been big on visuals and in this film they are amazing" and instead I'm just going to tell you to support the movie and the genre on general principles. If we want a big budget Mechwarrior movie in any future (and we do), we need to throw our money in the general direction of big robot movies and hope something sticks.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.