Trophies
XP
Country
United States
=================================================

P3Go GT-Break Review

Introduction:
Today I will be reviewing the P3Go GT-Break Jailbreak solution for PS3 which comes from the G-Team http://www.gamebox.hk/
G-TEAM.gif

Features of P3Go:
1. have all function feature of the first generation
2. brand new the second generation configuration,support upgrade without keys,plug and upgrade
3. Use SLC NANDFLASH, up to 128MB and can compatible huge firmware
4. Luxury material,bilateral protecting circuit to support plug-and-play function and protect your lovely device
5. Three high firmware including high-speed CPU,high-speed SDRAM,high-capacity SLCNAND. In order to upgrade firmware and extent system as unlimited as possible
6. Support starting game by micro SD in console.Then will have new extension function ,upgrading firmware by cheat, real timesave
7. firmware design which is designed professionally , attentively and targetedly ensure your gamebox console to start quickly and successfully.

Features of G-Switch:
1. Professional module design and it is attractive and portable
2. Use fireproofing, high pressure resistant original material and it is very safe and reliable
3. Favarable price, easy to use, quick power on or off
4. Embed high quality power switch,matching P3GO electronic dog to easily turn on or off and guide console

I would like to thank Lightake for sending me this sample to review. :yayps3:
lightake_Logo_180X49.jpg

Unpacking:

The PSGo comes in a simple blister type packaging with a piece a cardboard in between holding everything in with all the details of what the product does on the back.

Once the packaging is removed you will have the P3Go as shown

and the G-Switch

The P3Go is has a rubber like coating, it fells very sturdy, it comes with a plastic & rubber cap also.
It is noted though that it is huge, you can see by the picture below I compared it to the PS3Key:

It also has a MicroSDHC slot located on the side of the unit pictured below.

The MicroSD once inserted doesnt stick out from the unit.

Now the interesting thing with this jailbreak is that it features a 128MB built in SLC NAND flash memory.
It also features an onboard CPU and SDRM

you can see now why its so big compared to others

Testing:

When you plug the P3Go in a computer USB slot it will show up as a 128MB flash drive + removable memory for the MicroSD slot
The P3Go already came with pkg files on it already making it noob friendly, you can easily drop your own pkg files to it or remove the ones already there
It also came with game covers for backup manager
98882009.jpg

Its a nice addition so you do not have to search for them yourself

The P3Go has a nice blue light under the team logo on the front of the unit, there is also a blue and red lights on the end of it as you can see below

Updating the P3Go is very simply, you download the update file from their website and place the update file onto the internal flash memory of the P3Go
remove it and plug it back in, the red light with a blink a few times then stay lit, this means flashing is complete. The whole process only takes about 5 secs.
The update process will also delete the update.bin file from the flash memory, also a nice touch.

Another thing to be noted is that the P3Go has a dual boot feature, it can boot either Hermes or PL3 payload, this is determined by the presence of the MicroSD in the slot.
If no microsd is in inserted it will boot hermes V4b, if there is one then the latest PL3 payload will be loaded. A very neat add on so you dont have to keep changing payloads.

Using the P3Go is like any other jailbreak device, you insert it into the PS3 usb port, turn on the power switch and hit power quickly by eject.
The P3Go rear blue led will be lit if it is successful, if not then the red lit will be lit.

You can start installing pkg files now. A modified backup manager will included on the P3Go from the G-team

unfortunately though I am presented with a white screen every time I launch it, other people have reported success so it might just be my pkg file.

Normal backup managers work fine as Ive tested many from OM to BM2, Gaia, and many other. All work with no problems. Same goes for homebrew everything works great,

Now the G-Switch is meant for PS3 Slim's. It goes in between the PS3 and the power cord to create a power interrupt switch. This means you do not have to unplug your PS3 slim anymore to restart jailbreak mode.

I do not have a PS3 (it will not fit in the PS3 fat) but I was able to test on a laptop power cord and can confirm it works fine. A nice addon for PS3 Slim owners.

Conclusion:

Overall I am very impressed with the P3Go, it has a very rich set of features and great hardware to accompany it.

Pros:
+Very good price
+Upgradeable via USB
+Allows game backups & homebrew
+Supports external USB HDD
+Does not void warranty
+Works on both fat and slim PS3's from any region
+Built in 128MB SLC NAND
+Onboard CPU & RAM
+MicroSD slot
+Allows PSN access
+Comes with G-Switch for easy shutoff of PS3 Slim

Cons:
-Very big compared to other devices
-Only works on firmware 3.41 or less right now
-Not open source (coming soon)

once again I would like to thank Lightake for sending me this sample to review. :yayps3:
lightake_Logo_180X49.jpg

you can purchase the P3Go GT-Break from lightake here http://www.lightake.com/detail.do/sku.P3Go...p_for_PS3-33453

sk8mystery23

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nice review. I can take that switch off your hands and do a review entirely on the switch. [:

I actually am really interested in this tool though. Isn't it supposed to get PSGroove support soon?

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
psgroove is already supported as it can run hermes and pl3 payloads

also it has been open sourced as of yesterday so I will remove that from the cons list and add it to the pros
psn access has been removed from the pro's as all jailbreak devices dont work online anymore

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The team usually usually updates it the first day or the next
but now that it is open source should probably be mins after a new payload comes out

Joe88

[λ]
OP
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
P3Go can now use any hex file regardless of what chip it was made for

QUOTE said:
19:10:31 2010-11-26
Thanksgiving Day Special Core

1. Support the Hex files of all versions AVR/PIC electronic dog, and collect the payload to load automatically.
2. Support hermes and kakaroto version and other customized version
3. Do not need to upload the firmware, to help the users obtain the support of the newest functional payload conveniently
4. If there are errors, just delete the “psgroove.hex”, it will not influence the built-in firmware, it is safe and reliable.

Use method
Copy the hex files to the root of U disk, and change to psgroove.hex. Do not insert TF card when use this function.

Support list:
AT90USBKEY
ATAVRUSBRF01
AVRKEY
Bentio
Blackcat
Maximus
Minimus 32
Minimus v1
Olimex
OpenKubus
PS2CHIPER
Teensy 1.0
Teensy 2.0
Teensy++ 1.0
Teensy++ 2.0
UDIP16
UDIP8
USBTINYMKII
XPLAIN

AT90USB162
AT90USB646
AT90USB647
AT90USB1286
AT90USB1287
ATMEGA16U2
ATMEGA16U4
ATMEGA32U2
ATMEGA32U4

PIC18F2450
PIC18F2550

Other manufactures
PSJ
PS3KEY
PS3-Break(AVR)
PS3YES
PS3-Break(PIC?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: We get 37 versions of Super Mario Bros but 0 of Beast Busters