The man who cried "Ni".
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
Shut up and watch.

Overtone singing, also known as overtone chanting, or harmonic singing, is a type of singing in which the singer manipulates the resonances (or formants) created as air travels from the lungs, past the vocal folds, and out of the lips to produce a melody.

The partials (fundamental and overtones) of a sound wave made by the human voice can be selectively amplified by changing the shape of the resonant cavities of the mouth, larynx and pharynx. This resonant tuning allows the singer to create apparently more than one pitch at the same time (the fundamental and a selected overtone), while in effect still generating a single fundamental frequency with his/her vocal folds.

Loosely translated: magic.

There are tutorials available online if you want to try and learn the spooky wailing. Just stay away from any passing exorcists.

Flame

Me > You
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Depravo the quote below explains a lot with the why.

Last night I had a dream about you
In this dream I'm dancing right beside you
And it looked like everyone was having fun
the kind of feeling I've waited so long

breakdance.gif

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Damn, slowly but surely I have been adding to my skillset of interesting things I have seen in youtube videos. I do not think I will be able to add this one though, mind you if I can learn to make my voice slightly less monotone that would be a good thing.

Edit.
Technology to the rescue

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ftyFz0yBxj8