out of the wii gaming loop

Discussion in 'Wii - Console and Game Discussions' started by dysan, Dec 18, 2012.

1. dysan
    OP

dysan GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Jan 31, 2010
    Greece
    so I've been out of the gaming loop for the wii for quite some time and I was wondering if there have been any worthwhile wii games released in the past 6-12 months.

thanks!

2. lukinoz

lukinoz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2011
    The Last Story is really good JRPG.

3. dysan
    OP

Jan 31, 2010
    Greece
    yep...and the last game I remember playing on my wii :)

that and pandora's tower but I just can't seem to get into it...

anything else? :)

4. lukinoz

lukinoz Advanced Member

Newcomer
    Aug 30, 2011
    Beat the Beat: Rhythm Paradise and Project Zero 2 (Fatal Frame 2) are good too.

5. nakata6790

nakata6790 True Player

Sep 17, 2009
    Greece
    Besides the aforementioned Last Story, Pandora's Tower, Rhythm Paradise and PZero 2 there's only
    Mario Party 9, Lego LOTR, Lego Batman 2, Epic Mickey 2, Just Dance 4 for retail.
    There's La-Mulana and Drop Zone from Wiiware. Lastly, there's Last Blade 1 & 2, Shock troopers 1& 2 on VC.

Also if you are into retro arcade or console gaming, definitely check out Retroarch Wii emulator as well as the modded wii64 called Not64 emu.

Υ.Γ. Ελλάς ολέ :lol:

6. Chary

Chary Never sleeps

pip Reporter
    GBAtemp Patron
    Chary is a Patron of GBAtemp and is helping us stay independent!

Our Patreon
    Oct 2, 2012
    United States
    LEGO Lord of the Rings, Kirby's 20th Anniversary pack, Epic Mickey 2, Mario Party 9, Pikmin 2 re release, Xenoblade, PokePark 2, LOZ Skyward Sword, and Kirby's Return to Dreamland have all been released in the past 12/13 months.

7. dysan
    OP

Jan 31, 2010
    Greece
    beat the beat looks AWESOME! minigames with a very health dose of japan crazy going on :)

I'm not really interested in any VC or emulators but thanks for putting it out there :)

I remember seeing an 8-bit top down gta clone some years ago...can't remember its name...is that out yet?

I may give a look at mario party 9...epic mickey 2 sounds kinda meh...I didnt exactly enjoy the 1st one and I hear the 2nd one is even worse.

thanks for the suggestions guys,keep them coming :)

8. nakata6790

nakata6790 True Player

Sep 17, 2009
    Greece
    It's called Retro City Rampage, it not out yet (on wii)
    http://gonintendo.com/?mode=viewstory&id=187144

:!: I forgot to mention something very important: a few months ago, it became possible to play Gamecube games from USB via DIOS MIOS or Devolution loaders. If you were interested in any J exclusive games for the Cube (besides the Wii ones likes 428 and Tales) you could look there too.

9. batman

batman Newbie

Newcomer
    Dec 18, 2012
    Norway
    It's a good game, but kinda disappointing imo. Too shallow characters and story for my taste.

But it's true. I can't think of any new good wii game. Epic mickey 2 wasn't that good (imo).

/rant

10. mrpinkeye

mrpinkeye GBAtemp Advanced Fan

Mar 26, 2011
    whats not64 like? i think i have all the best 64 games on VC but may check it out....

11. nakata6790

nakata6790 True Player

Sep 17, 2009
    Greece