ROM Hack Out of Curiosity...

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Out of curiosity, I was wondering how some of these roms reach our hands a few days before the country's actual release date. Not complaining or anything, I loves it, but I just wanted to know how we get them, and a big hug to anyone who works behind the scenes to deliver them to the DS community.
bow.gif

gixxaman

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Simple. Video Game stores get these games up to 1.5-2 weeks early. Like the one i work for, we sold our entire Guitar Hero 2 inventory (25) before street date. So its really not hard for people to get ahold of stuff a few weeks early. Now say month early, that is prob for someone who has a relative working for either a distrobution company or nintendo itself.

ds6220

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I am going to jump right in and clarify that I am pretty sure he is not asking for the roms, only how the games get dumped so early.(Edit: although now it looks like that is pretty obvious so disregard) I am unsure of the exact methods but I am pretty sure they come from folks in the industry. You know, works at a EB Games or maybe for the developer or something like that. A mole.
unsure.gif

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Awesome! The whole thought of gamers secretly working to benifet the DS homebrew community gives me the fuzzies
happy.gif

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uLN9qrJ8ESs