Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm sure you post useless shit or your just trying to raise your post count for whatever reason.
You're both right and wrong. Yes I will post useless things to gain my post count. But this time I remember in the guide that you would have too get your OTP in 2.1 and I don't remember if the user did get the OTP yet (I could've just not read the post correctly) Also just because I can't question you it's not the end of the world :P Also I bricked my 2ds doing a9lh and just trying to help people not make the mistakes I did.

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm sure you post useless shit or your just trying to raise your post count for whatever reason. Either way, if he has his OTP and is back on sysnand 9.2 already, than there is absoulty ZERO reason to go back to 2.1.
You replied to someone I have blocked :^) and you can probably see why.

Reactions: vb_encryption_vb

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If you already have your OTP and your back on 9.2 sysnand, there is no reason to go back to 2.1.

So where do i go from there? section 2 of part 5 has us install arm9loaderhax while still in 2.1, and the enxt step is configuring luma. At what point does he mention upgrading back to 9.2?

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So where do i go from there? section 2 of part 5 has us install arm9loaderhax while still in 2.1, and the enxt step is configuring luma. At what point does he mention upgrading back to 9.2?

Looks like things have changed in the past few days, however, you can still continue from 9.2 it won't hurt any. In the guide, just pretend your on 2.1 already, instead of using the link to open OPTHelper again, just use your normal homebrew entry method, and continue on. Seems he has adapted GW method into the tutorial for whatever reason ( installing arm9, WHILE ON 2.1 )

@Plailect what was / is the purpose of installing while on 2.1? I haven't read much detail on the GW procedure and don't really intend to, to me though, it seems like this may just save some time. ( Few minutes ) ? Looks like instead of installing 9.2, your just installing arm9, than restore emuNAND. Basically just skipping one restore to 9,2 installing arm9, than reflashing emunand?

Last edited by vb_encryption_vb,

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Looks like things have changed in the past few days, however, you can still continue from 9.2 it won't hurt any. In the guide, just pretend your on 2.1 already, instead of using the link to open OPTHelper again, just use your normal homebrew entry method, and continue on. Seems he has adapted GW method into the tutorial for whatever reason ( installing arm9, WHILE ON 2.1 )

Ugh, shits really aggravating. Guy keeps changing things every few days. Just last week when i had time I was on some step where needed two slotkey files. Now theyre just sitting there doing nothing.

But anyways, thanks and will do

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@Plailect what was / is the purpose of installing while on 2.1? I haven't read much detail on the GW procedure and don't really intend to, to me though, it seems like this may just save some time. ( Few minutes ) ? Looks like instead of installing 9.2, your just installing arm9, than restore emuNAND. Basically just skipping one restore to 9,2 installing arm9, than reflashing emunand?
installing it while on 2.1 makes it safer and faster. safer because you won't need to use another NAND backup to go to 9.2, you can install arm9loaderhax right away and safely restore emunand to sysnand.

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
installing it while on 2.1 makes it safer and faster. safer because you won't need to use another NAND backup to go to 9.2, you can install arm9loaderhax right away and safely restore emunand to sysnand.
Wait, so let's say I have a 9.0 sysNAND and a 10.7 Luma emuNAND.
I start the process from Part 3, since my emuNAND was made with Gateway tools back in the day.
So I go on with the process and when I reach the part where I already dumped the OTP, should I simply restore the Luma emunand in place of the sysNAND? o.o

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Wait, so let's say I have a 9.0 sysNAND and a 10.7 Luma emuNAND.
I start the process from Part 3, since my emuNAND was made with Gateway tools back in the day.
So I go on with the process and when I reach the part where I already dumped the OTP, should I simply restore the Luma emunand in place of the sysNAND? o.o

Correct. Although, I'd convert the emuNAND to redNAND, but that's just me.

Oh, so I was right! You (optionly) have to stay on 2.1! HAH Get rekt!

No, you were not correct. As all you stated was "oh. Hm, idk." So, it was just another shit post of yours. I hope the mods, let you reach your 1000 post count and hit the reset button on it....

Last edited by vb_encryption_vb,

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica

No, you were not correct. As all you stated was "you didn't know" or something along them lines. So, it was just another shit post of yours. I hope the mods, let you reach your 1000 post count and hit the reset button on it....
;~; I hope you stop being an a hole
Also I said:
Are you sure? I might be wrong.
I didn't start a flamebait war and I was questioning your idea. Which I was right.

Last edited by Luglige,

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

Yeah actually that's what I meant with:
Part 3 is the RedNAND part of the guide. :P
Will I need to delete/format my current emuNAND to convert it to RedNAND?

hudhair

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm on part 5 of the guide. Step 1 say to move SecureInfo_A_emergency, movable_emergency.sed, title_emergency.db, andticket_emergency.db, from the root of my sd card to a safe location. I dont have those things in my sd card. Any ideas?

WorfRB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Ok friends, solved the tinyformat issue and succesfully downgraded to firrmware 2.10, otp.bin has been also dumped. Now at the end of the guide there's something that doesn't convince me "restoring the sysnand original backup (which is 9.2). This is confusing me as you can see at the start of part 5, the arm9loaderhax install, he wrote:

Reinsert your SD card into your 2.1.0 3DS

Mmm...

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So im in otphelper and im supposed to select full install, but I cant find the option the main menu or any of the submenus. Is this somehting that can only be done through 2.1?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you @SylverReZ