Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

pbanj

The "friendly" neighborhood sandwich
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I skipped parts 1-3 from the tut since I was on ReiNAND. I think my ReiNAND had some twl modifications so I restarted the process but I then started from part 1, ditched reinand and used luma. After that, downgrade was a success and now I'm on CFW sysNAND. Thank you for your support.

BTW, the process of a9lh is excruciatingly long, I had mine for 3.5 straight hours (excluding all the troubleshooting before which I think consumed another 3hours haha). Nevertheless it's awesome. Thank you @Plailect and everyone who contributed.
Ya parts 1-3 can be skipped of you already have an emu/rednand but you should still follow all the steps in the parts you do

Reactions: annson24

annson24

The Patient One
Trophies
XP
Country
Philippines
Before I ask a (I think a noob) question, I would like to say I've already done A9LH to my own N3DS XL.

I'm currently doing this to my friend's 3ds and would like to ask the people around here about Part 4, Section 1, Number 7; could I just use a downloaded 10.7 firmware and flash it via sysUpdater or plaisysUpdater instead of updating OTA? My router is down at the moment and I'm posting this via cellular data. I've heard someone actually do this but can't seem to find the post anymore so I'm making sure. Thank you in advance.

Last edited by annson24,

thebigcako

Trophies
XP
Country
Hello,

First, thanks for the guide, it's very easy to follow.

I am now in the last part in the section of injecting rednand as emunand and I have a small question.

I had another emunand before starting this proccess at 10.3 with rxtools as Cfw.

When I started this I decided to do in a clean sysnand, emunand and sd. Now that i have a9lh, can I inject that previous emunand?

Thanks

Domino101

Trophies
XP
Country
hey guys, i need help getting the OTPHelper to launch from the browser when downgraded to ver. 2.1.0, i type in the site correctly but the browser just freeze, can someone help me please

WorfRB

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Italy
Hi.

I'm stuck at part 4 - step 33

"Repeat steps 28 through 32, this is not optional (in other words, you must TinyFormat your RedNAND twice - if you do not, your device may brick when you downgrade)"

When I try to install again TynyFormat I get this error:

and I don't know how to proceed, can you help?

Xenon Hacks

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hi.

"Repeat steps 28 through 32, this is not optional (in other words, you must TinyFormat your RedNAND twice - if you do not, your device may brick when you downgrade)"

Your doing it wrong run tiny format from the homebrew menu not install the cia

Part-3-(RedNAND)
4. Copy and merge the 3ds folder from the TinyFormat zip to the root of your SD card

If you take shortcuts your going to bricK READ EVERYTHING!

I'm and idiot you said part 4 sorry im not sure what is wrong

Last edited by Xenon Hacks,

Luglige

hiatus
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Hi.

Try a different CIA Client.

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Quick question

So i was doing the last part of step 4 yesterday when the section for getting the otp and upgrading back to 9.2 was still around. I was up at 2 am doing it but going to the url for otp helper kept freezing. I realized i the morning i forgot to put the card back in.

So i go back to step 4 and lo and behold the sections i mentioned are gone. I asked on 4chans hbg what to do from there and I got my otp dumped and upgrading back to 9.2

Then i get to step 5 and....where still supposed to be on 2.1? So, my question is, just downgrade back to 2.1 through otp helper right? And as for the otp, im assuming its generated section 3 step 3 correct?

ShadowOne333

QVID PRO QVO
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Quick question

So i was doing the last part of step 4 yesterday when the section for getting the otp and upgrading back to 9.2 was still around. I was up at 2 am doing it but going to the url for otp helper kept freezing. I realized i the morning i forgot to put the card back in.

So i go back to step 4 and lo and behold the sections i mentioned are gone. I asked on 4chans hbg what to do from there and I got my otp dumped and upgrading back to 9.2

Then i get to step 5 and....where still supposed to be on 2.1? So, my question is, just downgrade back to 2.1 through otp helper right? And as for the otp, im assuming its generated section 3 step 3 correct?
Have you tried accessing the site from Cache?

baked potato

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Have you tried accessing the site from Cache?

Accessing the site isnt a problem, you read my whole post right? I forgot to put the sd card with the otphelper files back into my sd card.

My question is if i need to go back to 2.1 or can i continue from where im at, since i already have the otp

vb_encryption_vb

That hardmod guy....
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Accessing the site isnt a problem, you read my whole post right? I forgot to put the sd card with the otphelper files back into my sd card.

My question is if i need to go back to 2.1 or can i continue from where im at, since i already have the otp
If you already have your OTP and your back on 9.2 sysnand, there is no reason to go back to 2.1.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Have a nice day. Life. Week. Month. year.