Tutorial  Updated

OTP Guide

Full Guide Release!

https://plailect.github.io/OTP/

All regions now supported!

If you appreciate this guide and the work I put into maintaining it, I accept donations through both Bitcoin and PayPal.

If you felt like the guide helped you out then I'd really appreciate it! If I get enough I may buy a 2DS for testing hardware stuff so I don't break another N3DS.

If the guide didn't help you out then I'm really sorry about that :(

Last edited by Plailect,

LennartL

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
have followed the new guide great one question here is there anyway to get gw bluecard working in updated sysnand?

Yyhhggtt

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
when downgrading my old3ds japan to 2.10 i have error, so i must restore my emunand. can you tell me how to fix this?

thanks
Initally, I would downgrade to 2.1, and OTPHelper was at 0.79 and would return always two TMD hash mismatches. So I gave up and called it a night; and the guide and OTPHelper updated to 0.80 the next day when I woke up. The TMD hash mismatches were no longer showing up and allowed me to downgrade to 2.1.

When you move the 2.1 Emunand to Sysnand, you'll notice you always boot into black screen. Removing the SD card before booting fixes this (just reinsert it when its back on).

naaiil

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Initally, I would downgrade to 2.1, and OTPHelper was at 0.79 and would return always two TMD hash mismatches. So I gave up and called it a night; and the guide and OTPHelper updated to 0.80 the next day when I woke up. The TMD hash mismatches were no longer showing up and allowed me to downgrade to 2.1.

When you move the 2.1 Emunand to Sysnand, you'll notice you always boot into black screen. Removing the SD card before booting fixes this (just reinsert it when its back on).
i think its not otphelper's fault, because i dont reach the step to downgrade sysnand. i get error (with japanese language) when downgrading my emunand to 2.1.0 using sysupdater. you have this problem too?

Last edited by naaiil,

MiguelMBP

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
i have a new 3ds, now there is the option "One Click Setup", but i dont know if i have to unbrick the emunand 2.1 before I choose this option.
can anyone help me?

ll0rT

Trophies
XP
Country
I successfully got my otp. Now I want to clone my region changed gw emunand (not rednand) to sysnand and use updated sysnand mode. How do I do that? The guide covers moving rednand to sysnand, not emunand.

Dreis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Thanks for the guide plailect!, this really helps me since I'm really new to hacking 3ds.
Can you add a section to your guide on how to uninstall the cfw and go back to official firmware if one day i need to do that at the end?
as after using A9lH i cant seem to just delete the cfw to go back.

Thanks again!

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
Thanks for the guide plailect!, this really helps me since I'm really new to hacking 3ds.
Can you add a section to your guide on how to uninstall the cfw and go back to official firmware if one day i need to do that at the end?
as after using A9lH i cant seem to just delete the cfw to go back.

Thanks again!
You just dump back your Original Nand, which was dumped by you before patching the a9lh..

ihaveahax

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't the a9h installer uninstall too? i'm not sure, i never tried.
no, at least not the original ones. I don't know about SafeA9LHInstaller.

only New3DS will brick if you remove arm9loaderhax the dirty way (overwriting FIRM somehow), since it uses the key that is corrupted normally during boot.

Dreis

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You just dump back your Original Nand, which was dumped by you before patching the a9lh..

do you mean sysnand backup? just put it in root?

no, at least not the original ones. I don't know about SafeA9LHInstaller.

only New3DS will brick if you remove arm9loaderhax the dirty way (overwriting FIRM somehow), since it uses the key that is corrupted normally during boot.

I'm using the n3ds, seems like i have to be careful with this process then,
is there any simple way to do it safely?

KJ1

Old Member
Trophies
XP
Country
India
can't the a9h installer uninstall too? i'm not sure, i never tried.
do you mean sysnand backup? just put it in root?

I'm using the n3ds, seems like i have to be careful with this process then,
is there any simple way to do it safely?
I don't really know about it, :P I think, I read it somewhere when I was grinding info about OTP, can't remember exactly where..

Sniffynose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Pro Tip: Don't accidentally put a N3ds XL in sleep mode while running 2.1 (Just prior to dumping the OTP.bin of course) >.> apparently it screws up the NAND from doing so, and long story short it bricked and I had to do a hardmod ftw lol.

Just wanted to post this public safety announcement in case it comes up >.>

BloodRose

Trophies
XP
Country
Saint Kitts and Nevis
Pro Tip: Don't accidentally put a N3ds XL in sleep mode while running 2.1 (Just prior to dumping the OTP.bin of course) >.> apparently it screws up the NAND from doing so, and long story short it bricked and I had to do a hardmod ftw lol.

Just wanted to post this public safety announcement in case it comes up >.>

By sleep mode do you mean closing the lid or just by leaving it powered on and idle?

Sniffynose

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
By sleep mode do you mean closing the lid or just by leaving it powered on and idle?
Just closed the lid =/ It killed it, had no choice but to hardmod and restore the sysNAND then redid the 2.1 downgrade (without closing it this time) and got the OTP and reverted back without a problem.

Edit: It wasn't too much of a hassle since I had to open this system anyways as the customer had previously attempted a hardmod, and broke the digitizer clip right off the board, I carefully wired it to some points down near the memory card reader that thankfully carried the same signal, as the original pins were ripped out. Friggen took forever but it's up and running now with A9LH >.<

Last edited by Sniffynose,
Reactions: BloodRose

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night