Hardware Other Wii Console Colors?

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone know when the other colors of the Wii console are going to be sold? I'm really looking forward to buying a black one but if it doesn't come out till late next year or something, I might just go ahead and pick up the white one.

Also, if the Wii hardware is somehow exploited, would it be better to own a launch version of the console, or one released later down the line? (As far as compatiblity would go)

Lastly, is the Wii region free as far as games go?

I'm tired of playing on my roomate's Wii!
blink.gif

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Expect different colours from April onwards, a new financial year should bring new colours.
If their is an exploit it would be preferable to have an early system but with updates in the firmware/software there wouldn't be much difference in the end.
The Wii isn't region free, hopefully datel will make a freeloader or there will be a simple mod to change between US and JPN regions.

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@legendofphil| Sweet! Thanks for the info!
happy.gif

@santa| Yeah, I thought they released tons of screen with multi-colored Wii's a while back....

legendofphil

Phil no Densetsu
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
QUOTE said:
On the availability of color variations, Miyamoto said, "Not at launch. Until Spring, we'll have a supply limitation, so we want to avoid the situation where people don't buy because their favorite color isn't available. We'll provide new colors after that. Our aim is a design that's not scary.

http://uk.wii.ign.com/articles/732/732873p1.html

It isn't in anyway a formal announcement.

[M]artin

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hopefully both the Wiimote and Nunchuck attachments will be color coordinated with the console. I wonder if Wii Sports will still be packaged in...?

Qpido

Call me Q.
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Netherlands
I really hope they bring out different color Wiimotes aswell, that would make it even more customizable with you Mii character!

Q~

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Tattle-tale :creep: