mr_blonde_88

Torture You? That's A Good Idea. I Like That
OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
I didnt really know how to title this, and i dont really know how to word this acrosss but im gunna try
biggrin.gif

So i feel the Wii is gunna/has come out on top this xmas, and thats due to its inovation, that fact its done what no console has done before

And i dont want to change that, i dont want to take that away from Nintendo

But i feel, for the Wii to the ultimate console, to appeal to everyone, i think it needs a normal styled controller too

maybe a gamcube shaped one, but wireless, with rumble and the motion sensing shizzle, much like Sony (hiisssssss) have done with the PS3

Ive yet to use a Wii, so my opinion could drastically change the minute i play it, but for games like Splinter Cell, and Tony Hawks, a normal controller would be easyer and better suited
Fighting games deffinatly, SSBB is a gd example

ugggggggggg, this has all come out in a mess of words, but hopefully ive got across what iwas trying to say

the Wii controller is awesome, hands down, but giving players that extra option cant be wrong, can it?

EDIT: It's 3am here btw, please excuse the poor spelling and bad grammar

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
So you're saying they should have a "normal" controller, like normal shaped (D-pad on left, buttons on right)? This is innovation, baby. This IS the norm now
smile.gif

FWIW, theres always the arsenal of...
Wiimote
Nunchuck
Classic controller
and Cube controller

Maybe they'll release yet another one to add to the lineup XD. Oh yeah, and when I get one, maybe I'll get a Cube controller for it....the Wavebird!!!
biggrin.gif

mr_blonde_88

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
im not trying to defeat the inovation, but their are gunna be games the come out that just wont work with the Wiimote
and, i dunno, i think i must have a for of OCD, but if games did apear on the Wii that used the GC controllers, id want one that had the glossy Wii finish etc

i dont want this to out sounding like im against this wii controlls, cus im not, but their will ultimatly be games where the wiimote wont work well with it
and instead of pluging in ur black/purple controller, or playing with your grey wireless rumbleless motionsensorless Wavebird, have a controller that is like a Wavebird, but has rumble, and has motion sensing still

Veho

The man who cried "Ni".
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
Croatia
I think the ideal controller would be a Wiimote glued onto the Classic controller (not literally). Motion sensing, pointer ability, rumble, wireless, Classic controller, without the two feet of wire and the ergonomical equivalent of a brick dangling from it while you're playing, like with the Classic controller.

I expect a third party will make something like that as soon as more Classic controller games come out. And, of course, much much modding in the meantime.

Deletable_Man

Old Man
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Optional. You can also use the GCN controller. Furthermore, given the simple nature of SSB controls in the past games, they could probably map all the moves to the wiimote/nunchuck combo and you could use that (without motion sensing) as well.

Why would you want to? Anyone who has played Zelda on the Wii for a moderate amount of time knows the new benefit of playing games that even don't use a ton of motion sensing with a split controller design. Extra comfort comes from holding one part in one hand and the other part in the other hand. It totally beats having an old style controller held in front of you.

mr_blonde_88

OP
Trophies
Website
www.myspace.com
XP
Country
Wat im sayin is, that, ultimatly, one of two things is gunn happen

1) a game franchise is gunna come to the Wii, and have Wii controlls added, but ultimatly not working

or

2) a game franchise wont come to the Wii because the controll system wont work with that game

hopefully, their wont be many of these games, but if this is the case, id much rather have a Wii specific normal controller, with all the motion sensing and shiz, instead of using a GC controller

OrR

Rice-megatron Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As I said: The classic controller is out, it does everything you want. There simply is no need to put motion sensing into it. The Wiimote/Nunchuk Combo does that. The classic controller is for playing a game the classic way with two analog sticks, too many buttons and two hands holdig one pice of plastic. How would you incorporate motion sensing into that? Of course, it's still connected to the Wiimote and the Wiimote could probably snap onto it with a simple pice of plastic to add motion sensing and pointing but I seriously don't see any point in that. Nintendo has planned for all of it, though.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: 🫂 +1