• Start date
  • Views 39,641
  • Replies 75

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Why use bioschecker i never understood why you should use it.

Personally, I used it to get info on the flash chip in my Xbox before opening it, so I could start gathering info on which TSOP flashing method I would need to use, and to see if it had already been modded in some way.

Then what is the best way to know i've successfully TSOPed? Especially since i have a resistor missing.

The best way to know is by turning the console on after you've done the flash; if it boots successfully (typically with a new and different flubber screen), then you did it right. BIOSChecker is more to see exactly what BIOS you already have installed, as well as what flash chip or mod chip you have, not for if the points are bridged correctly.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Personally, I used it to get info on the flash chip in my Xbox before opening it, so I could start gathering info on which TSOP flashing method I would need to use, and to see if it had already been modded in some way.

The best way to know is by turning the console on after you've done the flash; if it boots successfully (typically with a new and different flubber screen), then you did it right. BIOSChecker is more to see exactly what BIOS you already have installed, as well as what flash chip or mod chip you have, not for if the points are bridged correctly.
Well, I do know that my chip is a Winbond. Is there anything else i need to know?

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Well, I do know that my chip is a Winbond. Is there anything else i need to know?

Not that I can think of, just make sure that you use the Winbond-specific flashing tools and sections of whichever guide you're following.

Afterwards, if you're successful, consider cleaning up and removing your old softmod, since you won't need it anymore (since TSOP flashing is effectively a free modchip). The Hexen or Slayer disks should be able to do that for you.

Edit: Oh, and if you're successful, consider running the console with the hard disk unlocked* to make it easier to get access to files if you stick it in a computer.

*Of course, never do this on a softmod without your eeprom backup, or without having first set the HDD key to zeroes for easy relocking, which newer softmods (like Rocky5's) will do for you.

Last edited by daxtsu,
Reactions: Stephano

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not that I can think of, just make sure that you use the Winbond-specific flashing tools and sections of whichever guide you're following.

Afterwards, if you're successful, consider cleaning up and removing your old softmod, since you won't need it anymore (since TSOP flashing is effectively a free modchip). The Hexen or Slayer disks should be able to do that for you.

Edit: Oh, and if you're successful, consider running the console with the hard disk unlocked* to make it easier to get access to files if you stick it in a computer.

*Of course, never do this on a softmod without your eeprom backup, or without having first set the HDD key to zeroes for easy relocking, which newer softmods (like Rocky5's) will do for you.
i'll keep y'all updated. I used quix to extract the Hexen ISO that i have and am now FTPing it over to the games folder on my xbox. That is where it should go right?

oh boy, i launched it on my xbox and i got error 13.....

Last edited by Stephano,

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
i'll keep y'all updated. I used quix to extract the Hexen ISO that i have and am now FTPing it over to the games folder on my xbox. That is where it should go right?

oh boy, i launched it on my xbox and i got error 13.

Error Code 13
Problem: Dashboard failed to launch due to missing/bad key, or anything else that would prevent it from running and the dashboard didn't specify why it failed.

Cause/Solution: This can be caused by a kernel version issue but is a lot less common in recent years. Make sure you're running the latest kernel. If you're using a softmod, make sure your dashboard and softmod files are installed correctly. It is recommended to use SID5 as your softmod installer if you're using something else currently. If you are receiving this error only when launching games, try deleting E:\Trainers if it exists.

No, put it in your apps or applications folder, it's not a game. That's basically a generic error.

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
No, put it in your apps or applications folder, it's not a game. That's basically a generic error.
That still didn't seem to work. I still got error 13. I put it in my apps folder.
While we are trying to figure this out, ill try burning a disc.

EDIT: I burned a disc and got it running. It took forever to load though. haha My console light turned red and i began to freak out. But it's working now.

Last edited by Stephano,

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Your TSOP flash worked? Nice.
I guess it did. I lost some of the hexen tools stuff when i switched the harddrive but thats not a total loss. Thank you, DinohScene and ,DarkGabbz again for all of your help.
I cannot thank you enough.

If i may ask for one last thing, (Don't worry, its a simple question)
So i have several modded versions of the same game on my xbox. However, they all share the same game title, thus not showing up on my xbox. How can i rename them to where they all show up on my games list. If you are a little confused, these pictures should help make some sense. Also, all these games work, I've tested them. ;)
upload_2017-8-1_11-47-27.png

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

daxtsu

Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I guess it did.

If your startup animation (the Flubber, or having an additional modchip logo on the splash screen) is different and the TSOP flash progam worked, then it must have. :P

If i may ask for one last thing, (Don't worry, its a simple question)
So i have several modded versions of the same game on my xbox. However, they all share the same game title, thus not showing up on my xbox. How can i rename them to where they all show up on my games list. If you are a little confused, these pictures should help make some sense. Also, all these games work, I've tested them. ;)

In UnleashX's file explorer, go into the game folders in question, highlight default.xbe, push the white button on the controller, and pick "Rename XBE Title". After that reboot the console or launch a game/different dashboard, then soft reset back into UnleashX, and it should show your new game(s).

Stephano

pessimism = Realism
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If your startup animation (the Flubber, or having an additional modchip logo on the splash screen) is different and the TSOP flash progam worked, then it must have. :P

In UnleashX's file explorer, go into the game folders in question, highlight default.xbe, push the white button on the controller, and pick "Rename XBE Title". After that reboot the console or launch a game/different dashboard, then soft reset back into UnleashX, and it should show your new game(s).
OOOHHH Thats where i had to do it. I was pressing the white button in the wrong place and nothing was happening. Thank you again!

Reactions: TeamScriptKiddies

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Firefox users be like "look at what they have to do to mimic a fraction of our power."