Hacking Original Wii HDD

RustyMetropolis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I apologize if this is in the wrong place...

I have a softmodded original wii(the white one with the gamecube ports). I softmodded using Modmii.

I have this hdd: http://www.bestbuy.com/site/searchpage.jsp?st=wd+my+passport+ultra+1tb&_dyncharset=UTF-8&id=pcat17071&type=page&sc=Global&cp=1&nrp=15&sp=&qp=category_facet=SAAS~Hard+Drives+&+Storage~abcat0504001&list=n&iht=y&usc=All+Categories&ks=960&keys=keys

I am using USB Loader GX and am using Nintendont. The games install to the HDD fine, but when I go to load them, sometimes Nintendont freezes at Init DI, and sometimes it loads fine, but 5-10 minutes into the game, I get the message about "an error has occurred. Please refer to the Gamecube Instruction Manual.

I copied my Super Mario Sunshine to the SD card for testing, and everything runs fine, so I know it isn't the loader or Nintendont.

I have also checked the compatibility lists for this drive and see no mention of the My Passport Ultra drives at all.

I have used the software to disable sleep mode as well. The drive does not turn off or do anything to lead me to believe it is losing power(the access light continues to flash, even when the game locks up with the error).

I've seen mentions of using a USB Y cable, and was curious if that's the issue, since my issue doesn't seem to be power related. Is this drive simply not supported?

After googling, I've seen others that have the 500GB version that have no problem.

Thanks guys!

Edit: I found it in the list. Looks like it's listed as not working. Sorry guys! Thanks anyway!

Last edited by RustyMetropolis,

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
maybe using the Y-cable would make it work.
if it works randomly, maybe it just needs more power than a single USB port. you can try Ycable, it's cheaper than a new HDD.

TecXero

Technovert
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Nintendont has troubles with drives that have a 4K sector size (nothing to do with cluster size). That drive is new enough to possibly have 4K sized sectors. If it does, then you'd be better off finding another drive. It needs to have a sector size of 512.

Last edited by TecXero,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Wut.