Hacking original r4 on 3ds help

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
hello gbatemp, i was patching the ttids of my cousin for use on his new 3ds. i was wondering: i have a original r4 for the dsl and i have a 3ds. is there any patch out there that will make the original r4 work for the 3ds? thanks in advance.

mid-kid

GBAtemp spamBOT
OP
Trophies
XP
Country
i already did read that thread. but, i still dont know why there isn´t a patch. is the r4 blocked from getting (that kind of) patches? or is it cause it boots up after the warning screen on the dsl? please gimme some more useful info, not just "nope"

Zerosuit connor

Baby I'm Back ♥
Trophies
XP
Country
i already did read that thread. but, i still dont know why there isn´t a patch. is the r4 blocked from getting (that kind of) patches? or is it cause it boots up after the warning screen on the dsl? please gimme some more useful info, not just "nope"
The answer is no. There are reasons we have DSi and 3Ds specific carts. Nintendo blocked pretty much all the old DSL ones because they'd been arond for ages.
Answer is No.

Rydian

Resident Furvert™
Trophies
Cave Entrance, Watching Cyan Write Letters
Website
rydian.net
XP
Country
United States
There are not patches because the R4 was never made to do that because at the time it wasn't needed. Time travels one way, and at the time a bootloader update feature was useless, so they didn't bother putting it in.

So the answer is still "there is none because it does not exist".

Reactions: 1 person

cooroxd

Dirty Pirate
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
I want to bump this. Since there has been improvements on new hacks, emunand, and cfw, is it possible to get the original r4 for ndsl/nds running again on the 3ds system?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    HiradeGirl @ HiradeGirl: Blurp.