Hardware Original 3ds and the pressure issue (probably old topic)

Voltshock R

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think I would like to ask someone's opinion.
So I have an original Aqua 3ds (from right after the price drop, so two + years old). I did not open for a couple of months (surgery....) and did not play much at the time. So the hidge creaked when opened sometimes and the bumps on the side are too short.
The creaking eventually went away, but I got another issue of random lines showing up on the top screen (like the flicker on a improperly set tv hookup). By random, it is unpredictable to the point that I can only say so far it happens in certain 3ds games and software on the system (maybe). I think it is related to hidge. [Bytheby, system is excellent shape, never dropped, no scratches to be seen].
Anyway, Nintendo will only fix for money and I do not have a Visa, so until I resolve something (seriously any suggestions for no-own credit card owner) or until the New Nintendo 3ds regular size appears (since the XL is too large for my hands) or if it somehow repairs on own, I still have to deal with the pressure issue from the small bumpers as another dilemma. They have made a light scratch, but not noticable unless lookning (and I would love to remove, but probably not easy and messup worst.....-_-).
I read an idea where someone removed the bumpers, used Wii sticky holder (for top of television connecting), placed inside hole, inserted bumpers, and resolved issue altogether. Appears all natural and easy fix if repaired (I mean, I can take out and stick bumpers back without the appearence of tampering). Sounds resonable as well, but I do not have the sticky holder and not sure what to substitute. Using eyeglass cloth in the corner to lift high enough, but cannot take with me on the go......
Please some ideas!!

Last edited by Voltshock R,

Voltshock R

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well excuse me for being a smaller human being.
I mean I find the system is heavy in holding over a long period of time and I like to play for long periods.
There is a noticable size difference
3dssss.jpg

So I found the reference video to the original comment:

Yeah, the question stands, what would be a good quality double sided tape cushion to substitute the Wii sensor bar holder tape?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: Soon your birthday?