Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hardly likely. Because of two reasons:

1. Bayonetta is just that damn popular.
2. Platinum Games has a very decent track record with Nintendo. They developed MadWorld (The ratings were pretty good), Infinite Space, and The Wonderful 101 (Which scored quite well as well). And given this track record, I doubt this game will fail.

There are great games out there that are financial failures. Wonderful 101 is such example. Last time I checked it didn't sell enough to break even.

Reactions: Ron457x2

Ron457x2

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Realistically I expect Bayonetta2 to sell 500,000+
But it should deserve more than that from what I've seen so far because the game is looking quite incredible.

FAST6191

Techromancer
Editorial Team
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
But it should deserve more than that from what I've seen so far because the game is looking quite incredible.

Because there is such a shortage of one man army type games? Quality is certainly important but so is market saturation. Now there might be a dearth on the Wii U which could help a bit but in general those that want to play such a game have a fair few options.

Reactions: Ron457x2

GamerzHell9137

Trophies
XP
Country
Bosnia and Herzegovina

2. Platinum Games has a very decent track record with Nintendo. They developed MadWorld (The ratings were pretty good), Infinite Space, and The Wonderful 101 (Which scored quite well as well). And given this track record, I doubt this game will fail.

I actually didn't know about Bayonetta until a friend said it to me.

Guild McCommunist

(not on boat)
Trophies
XP
Country
United States

I seriously doubt it. The Wii, with more units sold, was barely able to push niche action games like MadWorld to that many sales. The original Bayonetta sold, as Foxi said, 1.35 million across two consoles that had already sold 50+ million units at that point.

This is plain delusional, the game will flop. It may be good, it may get a cult following, but it will flop.

Taleweaver

Storywriter
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Wait wait, you're going to tell me ZombiU WASN'T Profitable for being a low budget game selling 700,000+ with NO Online, no LAN play, and no extra features? Yeah... not profitble my butt :glare: (In regards to Ubisoft, not to you.)
I'm not saying it. This guy does:

Yves Guillemot, Chairman and CEO of Ubisoft, is typically one of the biggest proponents of new systems, but betting big on the Wii U didn't work out well for the company. ZombiU, one of the most popular launch titles for the system with players, was not profitable, he says. Not even close. As such, he says, there are no plans (or even desire) for a sequel.

source

thesupremegamer

Trophies
XP
Country
bayonetta 2 is one of the reasons im even considering getting a wii u (well that and pikmin 3,super mario 3d world,monster hunter 3 ultimate and wounderful 101)

thesupremegamer

Trophies
XP
Country

yeah but madworld didnt sell well it got critical acclaim but it still sold badly dont get me wrong i love madworld its a fantastic game but it still didnt do very well in sales

jumpman17

He's a semi-aquatic egg laying mammal of action!
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I don't know if pointing out that Zombi U is the 10th best seller on the system is really a point in his favor. It's not like there are really a ton of must have games for the system yet. It's getting there, but I don't think spot 10 is that impressive at this point. I couldn't find anything past a top 7 sellers list, but of those top 7, all 7 are published by Nintendo. And 7th place has 1.22 million sales. Would 10th place even be over a million?

Also, still super peeved that I can't play the sequel to one of my favorite games of the last couple years. :(

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"