me too

SilverAnalyst

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
I can't wait till Friday to download it!
biggrin.gif

If you click on the Wii, and then click on the comic strip button, it lets on that it is a trial version until the full version comes out in spring. Oh well, I'm glad we get something.
tongue.gif

*edit* - Thanks to who ever moved my post. I didn't know it was announced already.

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Topics merged

And yay. But come on... "Trial version". What limitations should we expect then?

No flash support? Time limit? No browser options/features/bookmarks etc.? Allowing visiting of Nintendo.com only? (lol jk)

Athlon-pv

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Until they patch it
smile.gif

I mean people will report errors to them so exploits wont stay open for months .. means you would have to edit your internet settings and disable internet after you update incase you want to be able to abuse the exploits.

Tamyu

Trophies
Website
tamyu.net
XP
Country
If you look at the actual press release - they are releasing a beta version now, and the final version will be out in March. It will STILL be free, but if you miss the download window in March, then you`ll have to pay 500 points to get it.

Harsky

Madmin
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Here's the link to the official announcement:
Wii Opera Browser

I can't wait till Friday to download it! 
biggrin.gif

If you click on the Wii, and then click on the comic strip button, it lets on that it is a trial version until the full version comes out in spring. Oh well, I'm glad we get something. 
tongue.gif

Here is the comic strip if you are lazy:
Wii Opera comic strip
HA HA HA HA. IT'S FUNNY COS IT'S GOT A NINJA.... hang on... why is the ninja red. Pfft, that's not a real ninja. Next thing you'll be telling me that ninjas wear orange tracksuits.... oh wait

Pochi

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
Topics merged

And yay. But come on... "Trial version". What limitations should we expect then?

No flash support? Time limit? No browser options/features/bookmarks etc.? Allowing visiting of Nintendo.com only? (lol jk)

QUOTEThe Adobe Flash-enabled trial version of the Opera browser puts the Internet right onto owners’ television screens and lets them browse with ease, enabling them to check sports scores, plot maps or visit their favorite Web sites.

from www.nintendo-europe.com

Maybe "trial version" stands for "beta version"...

Helmut

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
France
It is still a beta version, the final version will be available in march and will remain free till june. It will cost 500 wii pts (5$/€).

nickdm717

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Here is a official Nintendo Press Release

REDMOND, Wash., Dec. 19 /PRNewswire/ — Nintendo’s wildly popular Wii? home video game system not only revolutionizes how people play games, but it also entices new people into the world of gaming. On Dec. 22, Nintendo and Opera Software bring the Internet to the living room couch with a free beta version of the Opera Web browser. Wii owners who are connected and have activated the Wii Shop Channel can download a free beta version of the Opera browser to activate the Internet Channel of the Wii Menu and begin surfing the Web.

“This newest Wii Menu channel provides yet another feature to drawnon-gamers in,” says Nintendo of America President Reggie Fils-Aime. “All kinds of people already have discovered that Wii is like nothing they have ever tried before, and our red-hot sales reflect this public enthusiasm.”

“Our software brings the power and reach of the Internet to the hottest video game system available,” says Scott Hedrick, Executive Vice President, Devices, at Opera Software. “Wii’s unique interface adds a new dimension to our browser, making it a useful tool that the whole family will enjoy operating with ease.”

The final version of the Opera browser will be available at the end of March 2007, and will be free for all Wii owners to download through the end of June 2007. After June, users who haven’t already downloaded the Opera browser can go to the Wii Shop Channel to download it for 500 Wii Points.

The Internet Channel provides an optimal Web browsing experience on people’s home television. The Adobe Flash-enabled beta version of the Opera browser puts the Internet right onto owners’ television screens and lets them browse with ease, enabling them to check sports scores, plot maps or visit their favorite Web sites. Multiple family members can gather around the television to plan a vacation or make online purchases. The pointing abilities of the Wii Remote? allow users to click on links they want to see or to zoom into any part of the screen through the motion of the controller.

In addition, the Wii Remote can be used with an on-screen keyboard to make text entry as easy as point and click. The Internet Channel joins the four already-live channels: Disc Channel, Photo Channel, Mii? Channel and Wii Shop Channel. The Forecast Channel goes live on Dec. 20 and provides current and future weather information that can be accessed using a text list of cities or by using the Wii Remote to zoom in on a 3-D interactive globe. Weather information is provided by Weathernews. The Internet Channel, Forecast Channel and Wii Shop Channel are available at no charge, though they require Wii owners to have a high-speed Internet connection. For more information about Wii, visit Wii.com
-NicK-
Enjoy

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Sounds good to me. So confirmation that if you download the browser before the end of June you get to keep it free. Although 500 wii points isn't very much. Not too shabby.

I wonder why it's taking them this long to make the browser though....why a bet and not the full thing?

nickdm717

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Maybe beta is so that people can make suggestions for new features while still keeping the beggars that keep asking for a browser entertained.
-NicK-

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    +1
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling. +1