Opened my mint Wolf Link Amiibo and...

Discussion in 'Switch - Games & Content' started by Gadd, Mar 12, 2017.

Mar 12, 2017
  1. Gadd
    OP

Member Gadd GBAtemp Regular

United States
    how do I get epona?

2. WiiUBricker

Member WiiUBricker Fake News™ Reporter

Argentina
    Sadly mine was slaughtered by a Hinox.

3. xtheman

Member xtheman GBAtemp's Official Ghost

Antarctica
    You need to scan the normal Link (smash one) amiibo, it always spawns first scan but it gets very unlikely to spawn all the next scans.

Little tip: don't fuck up like I did and spawn epona too far from a stable,

digipimp75 likes this.
  4. Madridi

Member Madridi Card Collector

Qatar
    This is where stuff like amiiqo are golden. For $30 or whatever is worth, you get 200 amiibos on one chip. Best purchase I ever made

5. Gadd
    OP

United States
    They don't sell that one at retail anymore from my amazon search. I don't want to pay 45 dollars or more! Am I screwed??

6. AnalogMan

Member AnalogMan GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    Yes, I know why they did it. I was curious if @SonicCloud knew some other method. Doesn't seem like they do as they never responded.

7. xile6

Member xile6 GBAtemp Maniac

United States
    People where cutting the bottom out to remove the foil. Other then that there isnt a way to scan it while its still in the box.
    But if you got you an android you can download the amiibo bin file and put it on a nfc tag.
    That way you have your amiibo still in box and your have something to use also.

8. DaRk_ViVi

Member DaRk_ViVi ...is everywhere!

Italy
    It actually only relates to the hearts Link had in TP HD, I've never completed the Cave of Shadows but my Link had 20 hearts in TP HD and so my Wolf Link have 20 hearts in BOTW. ;)

9. Robfozz

Member Robfozz GBAtemp Smartass

United States
    Can we talk about the real Amiibo bullshit of the exclusive items being rare drops? I went out and bought all of the 30th Anniversary amiibo and BotW set and I've only gotten the Wind Waker cap. I've been scanning these things every day since the game came out and no dice. I bought the amiibo just gimme the damn clothes, I don't need anymore fire arrows!

10. LuigiXHero

Member LuigiXHero GBAtemp Regular

United States
    save before scanning then reload if it'd not what you want and try again.

11. Gadd
    OP

United States
    haha well I grinded through the first couple hours of twilight princess to get out of the village and become wolf link. Somehow I was able to get amiibo activated in TP, and there's some glitch where my wolf link in BOTW now gets 20 hearts even though I haven't even done any cave of trials in TP. I had never even played TP before because I was working on Wind Waker HD before BOTW was released, now that's on hold too for BOTW. So thanks to the person who mentioned that earlier, it was annoying having to play TP when my heart wasn't in it since I'm focused on BOTW, but I guess it was worth it cuz Wolf Link is gonna take some of these fools down now!

12. Bonovox40

Member Bonovox40 GBAtemp Fan

United States
    Even though I reported about the glitch, I couldn't get it to work for me. I got to the part in TP where you start to have free roam/amiibo access, after finishing the first forest area dungeon. (first boss, that giant plant thing) Registered my wolf amiibo, but hit "no" to going to the cave of shadows when asked. (which is what the glitch said you are supposed to do/i.e. never go to the cave) Use the amiibo in botw and only 3 hearts. Kinda funny because I have 4 hearts in TP.
    Did you actually go to the cave of trials, but NOT save the wolf data? Did you even get to where it asks you if you want to go to the cave of trials? I'm trying to figure out where the glitch process went wrong for me.

If nothing else, I have some ntag215 tags coming in the mail this week, and can scan a 20 heart wolf bin to them. (but was saving them for the exclusive item amiibos like Sheik and Ganon. Choices....

13. Gadd
    OP

United States
    I was wolf link, in the first dungeon with that girl on my back...and I think I tapped the amiibo there on the pause inventory screen, and I may have tapped it at the game title screen before that? I was tapping it here and there trying to get something to happen

14. Bonovox40

United States
    I just read about it on the reddit post here: https://www.reddit.com/r/nintendo/comments/5y4qqd/somehow_my_wolf_link_amiibo_has_20_hearts/

And specifically instructions from this user:
    kokomoman[S] 1 point 12 days ago

I mean, part of me is happy that I didn't have to work hard to get 20 hearts, but part of me is guilty for not putting in the time. It seems, from comments here, that any TPHD save file 'held' on Wolf Link Amiibo will cause him to have 20 hearts in BotW. Not even one person has commented that they 'scanned Wolf Link into BotW and he had 12 hearts' or anything. It seems to be binary, either 3 hearts (for a Wolf Link Amiibo without any TPHD save data on it) or 20 hearts (for Wolf Link Amiibo with literally ANY TPHD save data on it).

So maybe I don't actually have TPHD save data 'saved' to it. How do I actually "save" a game save file to the amiibo? (only amiibo I ever had with my wiiU) lol.

15. Gadd
    OP

United States
    the game asked me about transferring something to my amibo so I did that, that was probably the key

16. azoreseuropa

Member azoreseuropa GBAtemp Guru

Portugal
    If I were you.. I wouldn't opened it at all. The enemies might be tough but I wouldn't used wolf link as a big help to this game. Patience is a key to beat the enemies instead of this wolf. Guess you learned your lesson.

17. Bonovox40

United States
    Ok, but where/how? When I first clicked on the glowing "amiibo" message on the bottom of the wiiU pad (while playing TPHD) it had me give it a nickname and assign it to my wii username. But I don't recall it ever obviously attaching save game data/transferring to it....

18. Gadd
    OP

United States
    I did it BEFORE that message ever showed up while playing. Try tapping at the game title screen and if not, tap it when on the pause menu screen. Make sure everything is clean before that happens, maybe start a new game

19. Meliodas2255

Member Meliodas2255 common sense guy

United States
    I have used the 20 hearts wolf link. Although it's useful I found myself trying to protect it most of the time. specially from those guardians. It's fun to have around tho.

20. Bonovox40

United States
    Ok, hopefully I can wipe the wolf amiibo data off it somehow. I watched a user vid who showed using the wolf amiibo for the first time in TP, but further in the game where I was. Aksed if you want to go to cave of shadows and then had you save your log data if you chose "Yes". But this looked like normal save game data and not any specific save to the amiibo. (like when you finish a portion of the cave and it asks you if you want to save the heart data to the amiibo)