Hardware Online multiplayer

SolidSnake95

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm finally getting a PS3 soon, which will be my first time. I'm used to having a 360, which was for 4 years. I no longer have it. And my interest for gaming dropped but suddenly surged when I found out that I could actually make a purchase soon(student loans hehehe). My question is this.

Is the current online multiplayer free? I kn ow it used to be but I heard that you have to upgrade to PS+ now. And furthermore, when the PS4 comes out, does this also mean that the online multiplayer for PS3 will have to be paid for too?(if it isn't currently)

Qtis

Grey Knight Inquisitor
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
I'm finally getting a PS3 soon, which will be my first time. I'm used to having a 360, which was for 4 years. I no longer have it. And my interest for gaming dropped but suddenly surged when I found out that I could actually make a purchase soon(student loans hehehe). My question is this.

Is the current online multiplayer free? I kn ow it used to be but I heard that you have to upgrade to PS+ now. And furthermore, when the PS4 comes out, does this also mean that the online multiplayer for PS3 will have to be paid for too?(if it isn't currently)
Free online. PS+ offers more content, easily worth the $50 per year if you like playing loads of games and want to try games that you wouldn't possibly buy. PS3 multiplayer should still be free even after the PS4 is released.

First of all Yoshida-san was very clear in reassuring customers that “multiplayer on PS3 and PS Vita will remain free of charge” as it is now, then he moved on to explain the reasons behind the move towards a required subscription model for the PS4.

:arrow: Dualshockers.com

Reactions: SolidSnake95

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtube.com/shorts/WOppJ92RgGU?si=KE79L6A_3jESsGQM