Gaming One Piece Romance Dawn Translation Project

2012Z

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
You also translated only these two words and nothing else?

Edit: Why should this website be useful?
Isnt it a small summary of the game?

Translated 2 items on item_text.pac.... also used my edited common_text.pac...
(the website) well I found it useful for reference. I just post it, maybe someone find it useful too.

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
yep... tried this also (RICE BALL + COOKING KIT - viceversa)... no black screen. Using RICE BALL (not ONIGIRI).
here: http://www.mediafire.com/?5dv7cpzr742pm52

Check this JAP site, this may be useful:
http://xn--08jxc0lxdyfya8d3830blgo4q4a2k5i.labswiki.com/トップページ

Ok this leads us to at least three safe assumptions:

1. Blanks are not causing a problem
2. Whatever is causing the black screen is limited to some specific action or area
3. This specific action can be either that in the process of translating something important was overwritten,
or that the game has a limited VRAM and if this is the case the higher ammount of letters than the original is causing an overload -> Blackscreen.

if first one is the case it is easy, just starting from scratch and being careful not to override anything important.
If VRAM is the case, then it would be a bit more tricky but I got an idea for this approach.

What to do:

- Trying translate 10 items -> check for black screens.
No occurence -> continue
- Translate another 10 items -> check for black screens

Till we hit a point where a blackscreen occurs.
Then let's observe that place.
If no blackscreen occurs by ONLY Translating Items, then whatever is causing the blackscreen is not in the item file.

I still have no battery for my PSP so I would ask anyone to do this so we can figure out the problem.
Thanks.

lionson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Ok this leads us to at least three safe assumptions:

1. Blanks are not causing a problem
2. Whatever is causing the black screen is limited to some specific action or area
3. This specific action can be either that in the process of translating something important was overwritten,
or that the game has a limited VRAM and if this is the case the higher ammount of letters than the original is causing an overload -> Blackscreen.

if first one is the case it is easy, just starting from scratch and being careful not to override anything important.
If VRAM is the case, then it would be a bit more tricky but I got an idea for this approach.

What to do:

- Trying translate 10 items -> check for black screens.
No occurence -> continue
- Translate another 10 items -> check for black screens

Till we hit a point where a blackscreen occurs.
Then let's observe that place.
If no blackscreen occurs by ONLY Translating Items, then whatever is causing the blackscreen is not in the item file.

I still have no battery for my PSP so I would ask anyone to do this so we can figure out the problem.
Thanks.

I would say it's not the item file.
I've started from scratch and not overriden anything, but still a lot of blackscreens, so i think thats not the problem.
It would be nice to test MrShyCitys current version because he said that when he translated the half of the items that no blackscreen occures.
Does he only translated the items or the menue texts too?
VRAM could be a point, but on the japanese version you have nearly more text at one screen then with a translated version, and the HEXes/Bits are mostly even more.

So as i said it would be very interesting to hear if MrShyCity is getting blackscreens (more than just item translation), or if he only translated the items right now.

I started from scratch and i'm getting many blackscreens, nearly with 75% of the items.
Translated many items + menue text.

Edit: I'll test it later, damn homeworks, will only translate items which i have in my bag and then test if blackscreen occure.

Edit2:
I tried to translate the skills info that you placed up on http://pastebin.com/vkRwDf6k.
Hope it's semi-helpful...

Thank you sir!

Matheussj

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I'm at the Grand Line, at Enies Lobby arc, and when i'm going shoping, to sell my itens, blackscreen
Sometimes, when i'm gonna BUY an item, blackscrenn occours when is showing the stats of Luffy

lionson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I'm at the Grand Line, at Enies Lobby arc, and when i'm going shoping, to sell my itens, blackscreen
Sometimes, when i'm gonna BUY an item, blackscrenn occours when is showing the stats of Luffy

Yeah we know that on many screens the blackscreen bug appears, and i hope it will be fixed as soon as we know what causes the problem.
I will try some tests later so that we can step a foot forward in solving that bug.

darknessfall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not a bad job but it needs revision and some small corrections at some parts. I can take care of it if you want.
I attached another revision of it. I fixed a few typos and missing lines that I found, but I probably didn't fix much.

Sure, thanks for revising it.

Edit:
Added tutorial translation.

Attachments

• one_piece__romance_dawn_skills_info_translated r2.txt
    8.9 KB · Views: 297
  • one_piece__romance_dawn___help_tutorial_info_translated.txt
    17.1 KB · Views: 312

lionson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I attached another revision of it. I fixed a few typos and missing lines that I found, but I probably didn't fix much.

Edit:

Man nice job!
That makes our work much easier.
Are you a good japanese speaker or why seems that translation so good? :)

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany

Edit:

It basically has grammatical errors and needs some style refinement. But you translated very accurate. Nice job :)

Some basic tips from one translator to another:

As you are aware, japanese uses structures that are totally different than English or basically any other language.

This leads to situations where you want to translate accurately but when you read the result you realize: It doesn't sound that good.

If every of your sentences starts with "A technique" you miss points for style. Of course the Japanese one has "技です" at every so this is 100% correct,

but in English it just doesn't feel natural if the user reads the description and everyone starts with "A technique".

Sometimes you can say something that seems complicated just with one word:

A technique that drives a series of Gum Gum Pistol. -> A barrage of Gum Gum Pistols.

Saves space and sounds more natural as well.

But given that you are not a native speaker of English (well neither am I), I think you did pretty great.
Therefore kudos to you ;)

MrShyCity

Member Class Zero - No.00 SHY
OP
Trophies
Website
shypsp.blogspot.com
XP
Country
hey guys im back (not completely) im just busy with school project i still do.
but anyways ima try something new, im just going to translate Item and Abilities Description/Info
see if the blackscreen will still appear, but i need your help to translate these will post it in a sec at pastebin
though i would recommend you (translator) to translate Item Descriptions first

@darknessfall
thanks for the help.
Appreciate it

Dark Flasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
Frist Thank you very much , that you spend your free Time for the translating One Piece.

I played 30 Hours the Game and now i had the Story

complete and the Protcect is very succesful.:yay:

But i notices, that the game have some Buys (The Blackscreen), at the

all Shops and in the Warenhouse. At the Beginning of the Game there was no

problems but, As the second Map threre beginns.

Here is my Savegame. You can Serach the bug's an fix them.

I hope i can help you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjpmpf0eo3q0i7e/One Piece Dawn Romance JPN Savegame 100 %.zip

Romsstar

Operation Decoded
Trophies
XP
Country
Germany
Frist Thank you very much , that you spend your free Time for the translating One Piece.

I played 30 Hours the Game and now i had the Story

complete and the Protcect is very succesful.:yay:

But i notices, that the game have some Buys (The Blackscreen), at the

all Shops and in the Warenhouse. At the Beginning of the Game there was no

problems but, As the second Map threre beginns.

Here is my Savegame. You can Serach the bug's an fix them.

I hope i can help you.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/kjpmpf0eo3q0i7e/One Piece Dawn Romance JPN Savegame 100 %.zip

Thanks, I will investigate this.

darknessfall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Attached translated item descriptions.
Man nice job!
That makes our work much easier.
Are you a good japanese speaker or why seems that translation so good? :)
Nope, I'm not a Japanese speaker at all. I just watched a lot of anime and gained a bit of knowledge on Japanese grammar over the years.
I mainly have tools for looking up definitions of the words I'm not familiar with. Happy to help! ^^
It basically has grammatical errors and needs some style refinement. But you translated very accurate. Nice job :)

Some basic tips from one translator to another:

As you are aware, japanese uses structures that are totally different than English or basically any other language.

This leads to situations where you want to translate accurately but when you read the result you realize: It doesn't sound that good.

If every of your sentences starts with "A technique" you miss points for style. Of course the Japanese one has "技です" at every so this is 100% correct,

but in English it just doesn't feel natural if the user reads the description and everyone starts with "A technique".

Sometimes you can say something that seems complicated just with one word:

A technique that drives a series of Gum Gum Pistol. -> A barrage of Gum Gum Pistols.

Saves space and sounds more natural as well.

But given that you are not a native speaker of English (well neither am I), I think you did pretty great.
Therefore kudos to you ;)
Yeah, I have trouble translating things, since I like to stick as closely as possible to the original meaning. As a result, my translations get pretty stiff and awkward. For the most part, I don't translate things that often, so doing this is still pretty foreign for me.

hey guys im back (not completely) im just busy with school project i still do.
but anyways ima try something new, im just going to translate Item and Abilities Description/Info
see if the blackscreen will still appear, but i need your help to translate these will post it in a sec at pastebin
though i would recommend you (translator) to translate Item Descriptions first

@darknessfall
thanks for the help.
Appreciate it
Glad I was able to help out a bit! ^^

Attachments

• one_piece_romance_dawn_item_descriptions translated.txt
    16.2 KB · Views: 329

Yuuki1

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
i think this is the Item Descriptions you need to translate....:unsure:
i have done translate it:teach:
and i hope this is helping to make the patch really short of time :hrth:

darknessfall

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ability description translated. The translation on the systems at the very end might be wrong. I had trouble translating the last few lines left ^^'....

I revised the item descriptions and tutorial info mainly by changing:
Faint -> Stun
Dark -> Blind
State -> Status / status effects.

I revised them, since it made more sense while I was translating the abilities.

Attachments

• one_piece_romance_dawn_ability_descriptions translated.txt
    28.9 KB · Views: 288
  • one_piece_romance_dawn_item_descriptions translated.txt
    16.2 KB · Views: 337
  • one_piece__romance_dawn___help_tutorial_info_translated.txt
    17.1 KB · Views: 360

Dark Flasher

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
I belive that is enough. The reason of the translating is, that you can Understand. And he has so much translating that you can read the text in the Game ;)

lionson

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Gambia, The
As i know the project isn't finished yet, at least for me. (German translation)
We are looking forward to fix the blackscreen bug, and then translate the other things. (at the current status not the story)
People like darknessfall are translating things too which we have to build into the game.
I was very busy for the last days, so i could not work at the project, but i do my best.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: @Psionic Roshambo, Thats pretty cool.