Hacking once wii u modding is succesful, will wii u controllers become vwii compatible?

unvaluablespace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Im sorry if this is not the right place for this, but I figure it belongs here as it technically relates to hacking.

will this be possible though? I think its stupid that you can use the wii u gamepad's screen for vwii mode, but not the controller itself for input. I would love to be able to control emulators with it, as well as certain wii mode games (probably classic controller compatible games). also would be nice to use a pro controller in vwii mode as well.

so does anyone think this will ever be possible? just curious.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
www.sweetsideofsweden.com
XP
Country
Sweden
Im sorry if this is not the right place for this, but I figure it belongs here as it technically relates to hacking.

will this be possible though? I think its stupid that you can use the wii u gamepad's screen for vwii mode, but not the controller itself for input. I would love to be able to control emulators with it, as well as certain wii mode games (probably classic controller compatible games). also would be nice to use a pro controller in vwii mode as well.

so does anyone think this will ever be possible? just curious.
That would require writing a custom iOS on the vWii to work with the Wii U Gamepad, I'm not going to say its impossible but it would take a lot of time.

unvaluablespace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
That would requiring writing a custom iOS on the vWii to work with the Wii U Gamepad, I'm not going to say its impossible but it would take a lot of time.

that's the answer I was looking for. thanks! Im not in a rush for it, just think its silly Nintendo didn't do this in the first place, and asked because I thought maybe it was some sort of hardware limitation since the gamepad supposedly does the input through wifi instead of bluetooth

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if any of the modders will be interested in this though. I mean I would love for it to happen, but I completely would understand if no one chose to tackle it.

Reactions: C RONALDO

unvaluablespace

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I wonder if any of the modders will be interested in this though. I mean I would love for it to happen, but I completely would understand if no one chose to tackle it.

Most definitely. I mean it just makes no sense having to use similar, but separate controllers for each mode. I don't want to have to have up to 4-5 controllers, twice as many for two players. ugh. if the wii remote can work on both sides, I don't see why the wii u pro controller cant work as a classic controller or whatever, and being able to play controller compatible games with a gamepad just makes sense when you can see the screen on the pad, and even has a built in sensor bar on it!

Reactions: C RONALDO

duffmmann

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Most definitely. I mean it just makes no sense having to use similar, but separate controllers for each mode. I don't want to have to have up to 4-5 controllers, twice as many for two players. ugh. if the wii remote can work on both sides, I don't see why the wii u pro controller cant work as a classic controller or whatever, and being able to play controller compatible games with a gamepad just makes sense when you can see the screen on the pad, and even has a built in sensor bar on it!

Oh I understand the desire, I'm right there with you. i just have the feeling that modders are going to be far more interested on tackling things int he straight up Wii U mode at that point, and the already waning interest in modding the vWii/Wii (exception being for Nintendont) will have all but withered away. Hopefully some modders will still be interested, but I dunno. I have a bad feeling that we wont see it done, or if we do, it wont be for a long while (like 2 years or even more, long while).

But hey, I hope for all of our sake that I'm dead wrong.

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Sweden
consoles are a thing of the past. Android devices can do anything you want.
Yeah, because we where totally discussing if console was worth it. Thank you for telling us to buy the Ouya... Nope could not say that with a strait face. :rofl2:

EDIT: Also I get a feeling that you are trying to get me irritated because I like Windows Phone a lot more then Android...

filfat

CTO @ Nordcom Group Inc.
Trophies
Website
XP
Country
Sweden
Bluetooth controller to your phone and output to a tv. Not hard.
Yeah, or just connect you Xbox controller(s) to it... oh yes that reminds me its only Windows Phone & Windows 8 of all the Mobile operating systems which supports the Xbox controller... how sad ;)

Can we go OnTopic now? :)

gudenau

Largely ignored
Trophies
Website
www.gudenau.net
XP
Country
United States
The problem with this os that you would need to modifie the wiimote controller in the apps. This can varry greatly from game to game to app to app. You would also need to make the wiiu not switch the gamepad into the vWii state. Ether it would increase loading times with incompadabilities or be a per game patch. The pro controller should be easy commpared to the gamepad, you should be able to do it now as it can connect. The avt of reading data from certen parts of the controller makes it dc.

That was a lot, sorry for typos, I am tired.

loco365

Trophies
XP
The problem with this os that you would need to modifie the wiimote controller in the apps. This can varry greatly from game to game to app to app. You would also need to make the wiiu not switch the gamepad into the vWii state. Ether it would increase loading times with incompadabilities or be a per game patch. The pro controller should be easy commpared to the gamepad, you should be able to do it now as it can connect. The avt of reading data from certen parts of the controller makes it dc.

That was a lot, sorry for typos, I am tired.

I'd just map Classic Controller keys to the gamepad buttons and call it a day. It's much less hackish and works with all games that vWii runs.

Reactions: emo kid 68

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end