Hacking On console downgrading.

Jesus DeJesus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I finally got the free CECH-2001A I've been waiting on and am at the point where I'm weighing my downgrade options (and am in search of experienced-backed opinions). Based on console life expectancy would I be better off just buying myself a flasher as opposed to sending my console off for a one time downgrade, in the event that it may break/brick and I will need to flash another console to replace it? If so, for the purposes of only having a PS3 to run back-ups, among the many kits and parts, what would anyone recommend I buy for the best value? I stress that I only care that my PS3 will run back-ups.

On the topic of shipping the PS3 off for downgrade, I'm looking at an 1800 seller from eBay with only positive feedback on his many downgrades, but I see that he is in Canada, and I am in the United States. Will my package possibly run into problems getting through customs?

Also, I saw that Devin is once again offering downgrade service? (I thought he had stopped last year?) Am I better off shipping to him since I believe he is in the USA?

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
Send your console off.

Way cheaper then buying an E3 flasher for your own (their expensive)

As for Devin doing downgrades, you could shoot him a PM.
However he's away from home for a while so it'll take a while ;]

Jesus DeJesus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Of course, there's still the chance of being screwed over.

Yeah, I'm wishy washy on it because he's in Canada and I'm in USA. I have very little understanding of the law, but I feel like because of locations, he could just keep my console and there would be nothing I could do but leave him negative feedback. But I mean..he has no negative feedback for shady dealings, and why would a seller at almost 1800 rating ruin his downgrade service record just to score one free PS3 Slim and 70 bucks? Am I wrong in that assumption? Most other sellers I saw on eBay in the USA had a few very bad feedbacks that I refuse to knowingly face (not returning consoles, swapping out HDDs, sending back a different PS3, not even downgrading it to 3.55 etc).

I think really I'm just pawing at the slim chance that one of his customers might read this and put in their 2 cents. Can you tell I'm paranoid yet?

Edit: Nice avatar ;D

Pedeadstrian

GBAtemp's Official frill-necked lizard.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Yeah, I'm wishy washy on it because he's in Canada and I'm in USA. I have very little understanding of the law, but I feel like because of locations, he could just keep my console and there would be nothing I could do but leave him negative feedback. But I mean..he has no negative feedback for shady dealings, and why would a seller at almost 1800 rating ruin his downgrade service record just to score one free PS3 Slim and 70 bucks? Am I wrong in that assumption? Most other sellers I saw on eBay in the USA had a few very bad feedbacks that I refuse to knowingly face (not returning consoles, swapping out HDDs, sending back a different PS3, not even downgrading it to 3.55 etc).

I think really I'm just pawing at the slim chance that one of his customers might read this and put in their 2 cents. Can you tell I'm paranoid yet?

Edit: Nice avatar ;D
Since you'd be out hundreds of dollars (well, not really, since I guess you got it for free, you lucky bastard), you have a right to be paranoid. But considering what you're going to do with your downgraded console is most likely illegal, you're gonna have to man up and deal with it.

Also: I was a member 35 days before you were, so legally, I could kill you for having an avatar that resembles mine. Just be grateful I have decided to let you live.

xcrimsonstormx

He called me a Nerd, I called him an Ambulance.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well worst come to worst you can get your 70 bucks back at least if its thorough Paypal. Plus if you do decide to go with that seller can you give us a review Please because i'm thinking about doing the same to mine.

Jesus DeJesus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well I went with Infinitecreations_x on eBay. Console is already on it's way home. He has been very professional so far and I would strongly recommend him at this point. It should return to me some time in the middle of next week bar any problems in shipping. I'll let you guys know how it all turns out by Wednesday, but so far it's gone without a hitch.

Reactions: xcrimsonstormx

Jesus DeJesus

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
My CECH-2001A returned to me today. I couldn't be more satisfied, he even installed everything for me. Console is running fine, no damage, everything works and it's thoroughly clean. For anyone concerned, I strongly recommend this eBay seller.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    S @ salazarcosplay: how are you doing @K3Nv2