Hacking Old USB Loader Gx - time to upgrade? Suggestions?

Nealla30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using the same versions of USB Loader Gx and WBFS Manager for at least 5 years now. Recently, both HDDs we have stopped working. (would not load at all. "waiting on slow Hard drive" and times out) I got a new USB External HDD, loaded it up with all our 200 + games, and it was fine.
However, now that HDD is also having issues. Games all appear, but getting the Black Screen issue when you try to play any. AND the weird thing is that when you click on a Game Cover - and you get the spinning disk that you would click to play the game - there is no SETTINGS button anymore. Just BACK. So I can't even go into each game to configure anything individually.
The overall / system GAME LOAD settings is available, but I am not sure what to change if anything. I am thinking it is just time to totally re-do an SD card with whatever is needed to update as well as to stop using WBFS Manager. I am thinking we need to switch to Configurable USB Loader or something else.

BUT IN THE MEANTIME, both my sons are frustrated that they can't play the 200+ games off the hard drive anymore!
Any suggestions for the General System Game Load settings or how to get the individual game load settings up? And any suggestions for easily updating the USB Loader Program?

Current Overall General Game Load settings are:
Video Mode - Force NTSC
VIDTV Patch - OFF
OCARINA - OFF
Partition - WBFS1
Quick Boot - NO
Error 002 fix - Yes
Install Partitions - All partitions
Install 1:1 Copy - Yes

Duncan Idaho

Trophies
XP
Country
Venezuela
Upgrade to the latest CIOS 249, CIOS 222, and newest USB loader GX

And stop using WBFS, go for FAT32 file system, use Wbfs2Fat that can be found here to re format your partition to fat32 and keep all of your games.

chazman14

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have been using a NTFS HDD with wbfs games for years and never had an issue. I feel that FAT32 is a preference, not a requirement. But you should update the CIOS and the newest version of the loader.

Nealla30

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thank you both!! I will do that! Do you know the best/safer place to get the latest CIOS and USB Loader GX? I see download links to them all over but they seem really old too.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
Thank you both!! I will do that! Do you know the best/safer place to get the latest CIOS and USB Loader GX? I see download links to them all over but they seem really old too.
Use ModMii to get the latest cIOS. Latest USB Loader GX can be found here, https://www.mediafire.com/folder/t2x95zd9rz3rc/USBLoaderGX#6a48l4qn0aa1h. Rev 1226 is currently the latest loader.

Use the IOS249 version from the archive you download. You will need the newest HBC package as well, which is available here: https://code.google.com/p/usbloader...r_GX_V3_0_AllinOnePackage_IOS249.zip&can=2&q=
Extract this to the SD card before you replace the old .dol in /apps with the new one you downloaded, as the version included is a bit old. Make sure you install the new forwarder channel WAD as well if you use that (included in achive)

Error 002 fix should be set to Anti after updating the cIOS, I think.

You should switch from WBFS to either FAT32 or NTFS, either will work fine but only FAT32 will work with GC games. WBFS is known for occasionally corrupting games when you add new ones, that's why people generally avoid it now.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Proxy sites, not very effective.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    if ur on a Chromebook and cant change jack about the laptop that's what I gotta use
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    One of the sites that weren't blocked on the school's network was some file uploading sites. I would upload some games, write down the URL and take it to school one day.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    I did it when the teachers werent looking ofc. I even managed to take in a USB stick that wasn't allowed.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    my school has a chrome extension called light speed filter agent and it legit blocks YouTube pfps since the file cdn(I think aka yt3.ggpht.com) is classed as mature
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    mhm
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    they have other stuff like goguardian too
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Ours mainly relied on the router, I believe.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    our school network and chrome policies block stuff too
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    alot of yt to mp3 sites are blocked by light speed for "Security"
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was easy to bypass some of the restrictions, as one of the admins left a registry key in the administrative shares drive, which allowed me to get around the blocking of some sites.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    tf does tta mean
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    yeah this is chrome os
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    cant do shit
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Wdym 'TTA'?
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    that* as in why yt to mp3 sites are blocked for security
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Bunjolio, Remember when YouTubetoMP3 was a thing back in the 2010s?
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Until YT updated some stuffs and broke the website.
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    I was 2 in 2010
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Oh lol
  • Bunjolio @ Bunjolio:
    lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    This was in the Minecraft-era.
    Bunjolio @ Bunjolio: a