Hardware OLD PS4 (CUH-10xxA) VS NEW PS4 (CUH-11xxA) Performance Differences?

Have you seen any performance differences between old and new PS4 versions?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

abdezca

OP
Trophies
Between the south of Texas and north of Tamaulipas
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi everyone:lol: ,

Has anyone bought a PS4 recently (say a CUH-1115A) and compared to a launch PS4? Recently my 15 year old nephew got a PS4 for his B-Day (It was the one bundled with TLoU) and I got him a game of his choice as a present. In this case it was COD: AW. As the day went by, I set up the system and Install the necessary updates. Then I started testing his UI. This is where it gets interesting. Because I noticed a couple of things.

1st .- His UI seems and looks so much smoother than mine. Granted I know that I have most of the PS plus games installed on my HDD. The part where I see a big difference is when I scroll through the library option, (Since I put my account as primary on his PS4 and viceversa, basically he has all my games and he can see them on his library; however not yet installed though). His PS4 scrolls like a breeze and mine is all sluggish and skippery. I was ok with this. I can live with it.

2nd .- This is where it actually hurts :hateit: , AW is the game that I play the most on my launch PS4, but the game feels all sluggish and skips a lot compared to his.

It is important to mention that both of the systems use the same set up (TV and Internet). Does anyone know how to improve the performance of my system. I'm planning on initialize the system, but I dunno if this will work :unsure: .

Any help is appreciated,

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
just a guess, maybe hes got a faster\diferent brand hdd on his ps4?
the xbox is a good example on how the same device can have diferent parts inside..

also if you have lots of games installed and he doesn't, depending on the OS that can make a diference :/

DinohScene

Gay twink catboy
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Antarctica
OP, please remove yer font colours.
It's hard to read on the darktheme.
Blah blah etc etc...

Edit:
I know for a fact that during boot of the original Xbox, the RAM gets tested at 200Mhz, if it doesn't run good, it gets clocked down little by little till it's stable.

Same could apply to the PS4 ie. you've got shitty RAM.

Then again, this could be due to a multitude of things.
Slim 360's generally run better then old Xenons cause of improvements in CPU/GPU/RAM related things.

It just happens.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.