Hacking [OLD!] PS3 "jailbreak" F.A.Q.

girugamarc

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Let's hope so. I'm sure it would be able to emulate anything up to the PS1. Including the PSP and DS. I'm not familiar with the PS3's specs so I'm just talking nonsense, but I hope I'm right because it would be awesome if it happens.
smile.gif

doyama

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rydian said:
Yes, emulators are a subset of homebrew.

DS for sure, PSP I'm not so sure on.

The PSFreedom has now been ported to the Palm Pre as well. (link below since I forgot to do so last time ^o^)

http://psx-scene.com/forums/showthread.php?t=65355

Please add this to the FAQ section. It's a fork on the N900 code so they're using the same repo for code sharing.

If you're curious the make file now lists the PalmPre, and even more curiously an option to compile for N800's. Not sure if the N800 compile actually works, but it's a curious entry
smile.gif

Just to be clear, only the PalmPre and N900 are confirmed working. The N800 is just a curiosity in the make file for now.

t_jay17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The more things it can run on the better so that more people can access it and hopefully more apps made to run on the ps3.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
psx-scene has a nice FAQ too, with "dumping time" for example.
if it can be dumped from PC blu-ray,
if loading time is faster from HDD etc.

maybe you could use some of them (but I think we should ask them first before copying their faq ? don't use all of it
tongue.gif
)

D34DL1N3R

Nephilim
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Cyan said:
and if you are not up to date yet, it asks you to update the game, but being in PSJB mode, you can't update at all, so you can't use it.

How can it tell if the game needs updating if you have no internet connection on the PS3? I don't think it can, and the game will be playable.

Also, where is the log and/or eboot data stored? On the hdd or the ps3 itself? If it's stored on the hdd, wouldn't swapping drives be a simple solution for Sony to not detect it?

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
D34DL1N3R said:
Cyan said:
and if you are not up to date yet, it asks you to update the game, but being in PSJB mode, you can't update at all, so you can't use it.How can it tell if the game needs updating if you have no internet connection on the PS3? I don't think it can, and the game will be playable.It's not a confirmed info (I didn't try it myself), just something I read on another forum, explaining why some stealth ones weren't working.
PSX-scene FAQ has a "update section" too : "For some games, game updates already installed must be uninstalled or the backup will fail to load."
But as you say, just cut the net connexion, and the game will not know if there's an update, but you need to remove the installed one first.

QUOTE(D34DL1N3R @ Sep 5 2010, 10:54 AM)
Also, where is the log and/or eboot data stored? On the hdd or the ps3 itself? If it's stored on the hdd, wouldn't swapping drives be a simple solution for Sony to not detect it?
There's also user session on PS3 right ? what with using another player profile ?
Does the log is saved per console or per player on the PSN ?

funkymonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I love Sony products, I do. The PS3 is no exception, but there's too many risks and run arounds that doing this will only be beneficial if you don't mind scouring the internet for hours on end.

Sony needs to just let people have some good access to homebrew development. This is too shaky for me, I'll just wait for some easier way. Until then I'll keep an eye on it.

Btw, odd question here but does anyone know why there aren't any AR codes available for the PS3?

dilav

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
funkymonster said:
Btw, odd question here but does anyone know why there aren't any AR codes available for the PS3?

I believe its some sort of copy protection. Plus there are trophy now. haha and sony may just block the cheat with a update?
I think old system copy protection was the disk being burned in a certain way. Burned in a way a normal PC burner could and had to be pressed at a factory

funkymonster

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
wtfisausername said:
funkymonster said:

I believe its some sort of copy protection. Plus there are trophy now. haha and sony may just block the cheat with a update?
I think old system copy protection was the disk being burned in a certain way. Burned in a way a normal PC burner could and had to be pressed at a factory

Yep, that makes sense. Would be nice to have unlimited HP/SP when it comes to RPGs though. I wish I had that kind of time to grind for hours on end.
closedeyes.gif

Schizoanalysis

From somewhere inside the rabbit hole...
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Thanks for the Dingoo link

QUOTE said:
"PSFreedom Dingoo" is a port of PSFreedom, created by KaKaRoTo, to the Dingoo A320 console (JZ4740 chipset). The zImage file included in the package allows you to boot a modified version of Dingux that makes the console to behave like the PSJailbreak device.

Does anyone know which chipset the Shoptemp Dingoo A320 is(was)?

I think it is the HK one, but the Shoptemp Dingoo A320 is(was) certainly pawed.

jalaneme

Female Gamer
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
wtfisausername said:
funkymonster said:

what does the way a disc is burned or pressed have to do with cheat codes? yes you are right, the reason there is no cheats on the ps3 is because of online and trophies unfortunately, hopefully this jailbreak should change that
nayps3.gif
i am patient to wait...

QUOTE(funkymonster @ Sep 5 2010, 11:06 PM)
Yep, that makes sense. Would be nice to have unlimited HP/SP when it comes to RPGs though. I wish I had that kind of time to grind for hours on end.
closedeyes.gif

yeah i know what you mean, would love to have fun in final fantasy XIII

p1ngpong

Gamer Professional Deluxe
Supervisor
Trophies
Website
imgur.com
XP
Country
Croatia
Another World said:
i like what you did with this faq. i asked to have it stickied. keep it updated, please. =)

-another world

I agree with pinning this, I was actually going to sticky this the other day but my activity has been rather sporadic on the forum the last two weeks so I forgot about it.

Elritha

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.