Hacking old ds lite, blue gateway card?

Yawg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
hia, ive recently dusted off my old ds lite since my daughter is getting old enough to play games, but i was sad to find that my ancient R4 card isnt working anymore. i i formatted it and put wood thingy and a game on it again, but it keeps "loading..."

for my new3ds i bought a gateway card and have the red card set up for that, but it also came with a blue card and i remember reading that was for using old .nds files like my r4 card.
my question is can i use this blue card for my old ds lite? and which tutorial can i use to get that going?
on the gateway site i can only find how to set things up for 3ds and simply copying the wood files i already had "to it and a game in a games folder gives me a "cant open _dsmenu.dat" error on startup.

please point me to a current tutorial. ive tried googling for it myself but im going crazy with too many old info with dead links and such.

azublazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
hia, ive recently dusted off my old ds lite since my daughter is getting old enough to play games, but i was sad to find that my ancient R4 card isnt working anymore. i i formatted it and put wood thingy and a game on it again, but it keeps "loading..."

for my new3ds i bought a gateway card and have the red card set up for that, but it also came with a blue card and i remember reading that was for using old .nds files like my r4 card.
my question is can i use this blue card for my old ds lite? and which tutorial can i use to get that going?
on the gateway site i can only find how to set things up for 3ds and simply copying the wood files i already had "to it and a game in a games folder gives me a "cant open _dsmenu.dat" error on startup.

please point me to a current tutorial. ive tried googling for it myself but im going crazy with too many old info with dead links and such.

Try changing the date of the DS Lite system to like 2000 or so and see if the R4 works. I know some off-brand R4 cards have a update nag where it won't work if the system is past a certain date.

Also, did you try this site yet? http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...-card-to-play-DS-Roms-on-original-Nintendo-DS

They seem to have been able to get a blue card working on an old DS using Wood 1.6 modified firmware.

Last edited by azublazer,

mudassirul

Trophies
XP
Country
try reformatting the sd card in fat 32 then copy over all the files in the blue card folder from gateway + roms

Yawg

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Try changing the date of the DS Lite system to like 2000 or so and see if the R4 works. I know some off-brand R4 cards have a update nag where it won't work if the system is past a certain date.

Also, did you try this site yet? http://www.maxconsole.com/maxcon_fo...-card-to-play-DS-Roms-on-original-Nintendo-DS

They seem to have been able to get a blue card working on an old DS using Wood 1.6 modified firmware.

Ty for your reply, changing the date had no effect on either card, but trough the link you posted i found a different dsmenu.dat and that worked.

and mudassirul also thanks for your reply i wasnt sure what files you were referring too but i got it to work, yay!

now off to find games a 5 year old can play!

azublazer

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ty for your reply, changing the date had no effect on either card, but trough the link you posted i found a different dsmenu.dat and that worked.

and mudassirul also thanks for your reply i wasnt sure what files you were referring too but i got it to work, yay!

now off to find games a 5 year old can play!

No problem. Glad you got your card to work. Have a good one.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end