Hardware Ok, this can't be right.....

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I was just playiong Rayman 3D, in 3D, max brightness, no powersave for about 20 minutes (I had a full charge). When I plugged it back into the dock to charge it for the night, the charge light stayed on for a whole 5 seconds, then turned off.
How the heck could have the 3DS not taken any battery power at all in 20 minutes of full 3D? Is something messed up?

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
Perhaps it doesn't charge properly when in sleep mode? I'm having doubts about how much my 3ds is charging, a few days ago, it seemed to be fully charged but completely ran out of power (shut itself down) after a litle more than an hour playing startwars.

LordSturm

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
To prevent it from completely and utterly destroying your batteries life by charging it to 100% every time it drops to 99.9% it will not begin charging until the battery level drops below some unknown (I don't know) threshold.

So if you use less than x% ( I'm guessing 10% ) of the battery and then shove it on the dock, it won't charge it back up to 100% for you.

This will make the battery last much longer in the long term.

spinal_cord

Knows his stuff
Trophies
Website
spinalcode.co.uk
XP
Country
LordSturm said:
To prevent it from completely and utterly destroying your batteries life by charging it to 100% every time it drops to 99.9% it will not begin charging until the battery level drops below some unknown (I don't know) threshold.

So if you use less than x% ( I'm guessing 10% ) of the battery and then shove it on the dock, it won't charge it back up to 100% for you.

So you're saying that 10% more battery power would have lasted my about another hour?

The charging light came on for a little while, then went off, which does, if you think about it, suggest that the device had fully charged. However an hour of gameplay suggests otherwise.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
spinal_cord said:
LordSturm said:

So you're saying that 10% more battery power would have lasted my about another hour?

The charging light came on for a little while, then went off, which does, if you think about it, suggest that the device had fully charged. However an hour of gameplay suggests otherwise.
But it wasn't an hour, it was a measly 20 minutes.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
OP
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
With the mode I was playing in, the 3DS would last 3 hours (I forgot to mention I always have wireless on when my system is on). I played 20 minutes. 20 minutes is VERY close to 11% of 3 hours. (11% = 19.8 minutes)
My 3DS had to have under 90% charge when I put it back on the dock, and it was powered off, NOT in sleep mode when I put it back.

If the threshold is really below 90%, it's easily the lowest of any rechargable gaming system yet. I really doubt it's the case too.
I'm wondering if either my 3DS's battery, or charger is messed up somehow now. :/

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: I bet you don't pirate game either