Homebrew ohneswanzenegger (Wii Entry -- PC Software)

~Wiiloader~

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
WOW, i didn't know such thing exist
ohmy.gif
..... Great peace of Software :DDD

stefanox

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nice application giant.
but in the future, can it be use for full bricked wii?
that we can read out the nand from a full bricked wii, edit the nand and flash it back?

Hells Guardian

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Ok just fixed two bricked wii's with this tool. Thanks again m8! Thankfully they both had a bugged boot1 so bootmii was an option to start with!

loob12

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
How did you do it Hells Guardian. I have a low level brick Wii, bootmii as ios, i have the keys.bin and the nand.bin. Wii wont respond to wiimote, and after its manually turned on, it only flashes once. After getting HBC on 4.2u, I tried loading IOSes and received errors. Now all i have is Black Screen. Any chance of reviving it?

XL-DJK

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
giantpune...

This app is effin awesome, MAN! I used it ONCE without any issues whatsoever! MY VOTE GOES TO YOU!

All i did was create a new nand and load the appropriate SYS MENU i wanted then flashed it accordingly. For anyone interested as to why and how i stumbled upon this app, look for the Topic labelled:

BUT I LIKE VIRGINS!!!!

and remember boys and girls...

KEEP THIS AWAY FROM THE NOOBS!!!!

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
I just wanted to pop into this thread with my 2 cents.

This app is by far the most impressive entry in the homebrew bounty competition. Not only is it able to assist in brick repairs, but it allows users an option to legitimately virginize their Wii. A true asset for anyone wanting to return their wii to nintendo for whatever reason.

In all honestly, I think the best 4 homebrew bounty entries were all submitted by giantpune. His nandbinchecker is awesome, and the first app to really check if a nand backup is safe to flash to a Wii and return specific details on the nand. Pune's nandExtract is equally awesome; there have been similar apps but nothing this fast or versatile. It's a real time saver being able to extract only the files I need from a nand dump instead of having to extract everything. I've even heard that showmiiwads errors when trying to extract the new HBC, but I haven't had any problems with nandExtract. And pune's smashstack for PAL and KOR Wii's is groundbreaking. Before this exploit virgin 4.3K wii's were unhackable (at least not without a wode or some modchip). And what really make's pune's version of smash stack stand out is it's ability to run without having a gamesave on the Wii, which gives us all 1 more tool in our wii hacking arsenal, especially when fixing 003 bricks.

If I were judging this competition, I know I would have to spend more time playing with all the other entries to give everyone a fair chance at the bounty, but I find it hard to believe any other entry can realistically compete with any of pune's entries. Way to go pune, you really raised the bar for this competition, and I think u have a shot at winning 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in this competition. I hope whoever is judging this competition does so solely based on the merits of each submission and doesn't award 3rd place to an inferior entry just because they don't want 1st, 2nd and 3rd place to all go to one person. Hats off to you sir, regardless of how this competition turns out, you've truly impessed me and many others with your work and I wish you the best of luck in all that you do.

On a side note, I'd love to be nominated as a judge for the homebrew bounty competition. Don't let my above comments fool you, I know I can be impartial, unbiased and give everyone a fair chance (that is as long as my app, ModMii, isn't in the competition, lol).

tj_cool

Site dev
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
The problem is, this is a PC application, while we're actually looking for apps that run through the HBC. Granted though, I don't believe that's clearly stated anywhere. Not to say I'm sure giantpune put a lot of hard work into it. And there aren't really that much other candidates (unfortunately)...

If you want to be a judge, it helps to advertise for the bounty a bit on other sites (not in a way of spamming of course). We can definitely use more entries (Not only for the Wii homebrew).

WiiUBricker

News Police
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
Well, lets resume. We have

- 5 Wii Homebrew entries (from giantpune and tueidj) --> both will win
- 12 DS Homebrew entries
- 3 DSi Homebrew entries --> all 3 will win
- 4 DSTWO Homebrew entries --> all 3 will win

Which makes a total amount of 24 entries.

The problem here could be the problematic reputation of gbatemp. This site lacks developers.

tueidj

I R Expert
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
tj_cool said:
The problem is, this is a PC application, while we're actually looking for apps that run through the HBC. Granted though, I don't believe that's clearly stated anywhere.
O rly?
QUOTE(Another World @ Mar 3 2011, 06:38 AM) In short, this project is meant to be a reward to the people behind the awesome games, applications, emulators and menu/loaders that everyone can download and enjoy on their consoles, free of charge.
But you're the judges, do what you will. There's still over 6 weeks to go, I'm sure there will be more entries so let's not start proclaiming a winner just yet.

XFlak

Wiitired but still kicking
Trophies
Website
modmii.github.io
XP
Country
Cyprus
WiiBricker said:
We have
- 5 Wii Homebrew entries (from giantpune and tueidj) --> both will win
It's not impossible for any one person to win 1st, 2nd and 3rd. But I think this says it best...QUOTE(tueidj @ Apr 13 2011, 10:17 PM) let's not start proclaiming a winner just yet.

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
this program gives you with an entire filesystem full of stuff that you can enjoy on you console.
smile.gif
but while we're quoting the rules...

QUOTE said:
the only requirement is that the project must either be completely new, or come in a new version that presents significant updates.

and before the contest started, i asked 2 of the mods about the rules. neither one of them told me that the entry had to specifically run on any specific platform.

D

Deleted_171835

Great program, giantpune! IMO, this is the best entry, thus far.

This will be helpful in case I need to send my Wii to Nintendo or feel the need to virginize my Wii.

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
Quoting Pune :

QUOTE said:
it can also create a nand.bin. to do this, it needs to know all your bad blocks, boot 1 & 2, and keys. you can provide those individually, or if you have an existing nand.bin, it can read them all from it at once to make things easier.

Correct me if i'm wrong ..if you have keys.bin , boot 1 and boot 2 files and know your bad blocks you might be able to recover your console in case of a brick ( your own nand.bin being lost / not dumped )
Is there any dumper that quickly gets just these thing you might need ? ( keys , boot1/boot2 , bad blocks , setting.txt , uid.sys )

Would those permissions be screwed if you use some other NAND but your keys, boot1 etc... ?

giantpune

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
every single one of the things you need at found inside a nand.bin, even if the nand.bin is missing a system menu IOS or something like this, you can still use it to get all this other info from. and a single nand.bin is the fastest way to get all these things.

if you dont have the keys, a nand.bin to extract the keys from, or a wii with a vulnerable boot1, you can stop right there. youre done. it wont work.

if dumping a nand.bin is not possible, then you would have to already know what version of boot 1 & 2 and your bad blocks ahead of time. theres only like 4 versions of boot 1 and you MUST use the correct one. i believe bootmii is smart enough that it will refuse to install a nand with the wrong one (even though it doesnt actually write the boot 1). so, if you cant dump this from your wii for whatever reason, you can get the exact some copy of boot1 from like 25% of the wiis out there.

boot2 must be equal or higher version to the version specified in seeprom, which can be read from the keys.bin. if in doubt, you can download the latest version of boot2 from NUS. since bootmii doesnt actually overwrite boot2 either. this would only come into play when using a flash programmer or something to write the nand back to the wii.

you can get the bad blocks by reading the screen or usb gecko while bootmii is dumping, or simply read them from the file it produces.

and you cannot use somebody else's keys. if 1 key worked on more than 1 wii, it would be much of a key.

flo

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Hungary
What about FS Dumper by Crediar ? I'm just looking for a way to do a smart backup , 90 % of the nand.bin contents you can now download using many apps including yours .
I'm looking for a way to dump just those unique 10 % .
Will FS Dumper ( or similar app ) be able to extract those needed files ?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pnRVIC7kS4s