Gaming Oh great! Deleted my game save and now I cant Play any game on my console without updating it....

lex luthor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Deleted my game save and now I can't play any game on my console without updating it problem is I don't have an internet connection right now.

lex luthor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Really? Just deleting a save did that? That sucks. Did you delete it through settings?
When you go to settings -> data management you'll see that it will display each game save, you can delete, copy etc those saves like we did on the Wii but in fact these icons aren't really save files but containers of multiple info of a specific game. In order to delete the save file you have to click each container and ONLY delete the archive that says Game Data (or something like that) maybe we can delete other archives except the one that says Game Update. If for any reason your Game Update file gets deleted or corrupted the game won't play unless you have an active internet connection on your Wii U which isn't necessary for the game because as soon as you get your Wii U connected to the internet it will let you play the game without downloading the update (it gives you an option to download later, the Wii U just want to make sure it is connected to the net and that's it). Hopefully I saved the data of each game on a Flash Drive and I could restore everything and tested for 3 hours my hypothesis after finally finding a nearby WiFi.

thorasgar

Checkout my evil Soon-in-ator™
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm. If I get some time I might putz around with that on my second Wii U I just got. I don't have any saves on it yet but did pop a half dozen or so disks in it to get the updates. It came with a eshop copy of wind waker but I have the disc so if that gets screwed no big loss. I didn't even know you could make save backups.

lex luthor

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm. If I get some time I might putz around with that on my second Wii U I just got. I don't have any saves on it yet but did pop a half dozen or so disks in it to get the updates. It came with a eshop copy of wind waker but I have the disc so if that gets screwed no big loss. I didn't even know you could make save backups.
Many people like to add HDD to have more space on the Wii U to save games and many other stuff however there are rare cases when the drive gets corrupted due to failing downloads and other situations. I prefer to save only each game important saves+game data (like dlc packages etc) related things in a flash drive and then make a copy of the flash drive in my PC just in case someone decide to use the flash for other purposes and delete my Wii U data. Every time I make an achievement or a dlc download of a game I backup it immediately. There are rare cases like in Mario Kart when an update make the game unplayable thus losing everything in the path :S

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...