Hardware og3ds sleep mode while in emuNAND !?

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
hello guys, is this safe to do ? mainly i would like to keep it in emuNAND cause of not having to keep swapping my GW off my n3ds xl etc. and just to have my og3ds ready to play my other games!

i am abit afraid to do this mainly cause of messing up the emuNAND.

because once i left my n3dsxl in sleep mode while in emuNAND and left it for some 8 hours , and opened it up and had black screen on top and bottom as well, bottom gave an error telling me to power it off.
so i had to do a hard shut down.

is there anyone around who leave their 3ds console on sleep mode (while in emuNAND) with not that many issues at all ?

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
It's safe. Even the hard shut down is nothing to worry about. Only thing is that if your wifi is kept on, you will get the update nag if you aren't on the latest firmware.

Also, maybe you'd want to set up Reinand, Cakes, or RxTools on either of your 3DS' so you don't have to swap the GW card?

Reactions: leonmagnus99

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
It's safe. Even the hard shut down is nothing to worry about. Only thing is that if your wifi is kept on, you will get the update nag if you aren't on the latest firmware.

Also, maybe you'd want to set up Reinand, Cakes, or RxTools on either of your 3DS' so you don't have to swap the GW card?

unfortunately i already have the update nag on my n3ds xl XD cause i used to play some MH4 online so when i had it in sleep mode it had downloaded the update in the background ..

but my og3ds is on latest fw. in emuNAND. and i usually keep wifi off. i will never use online modes again so i keep it off.

and as for reinand i have tried it and it is really good on the n3ds since it is also exclusive to it i believe? but my down thing on it is that it is not region free, and i had to run an app called MultiPatcher or seomthing every time i rebooted into my emuNAND and that put Reinand down for me so i went back to using GW. :/

as for RxTools i know that one is very famous for the og3ds's but i have no clues about it etc. and i believe that is probably also not region free?

samiam144

Régulier
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
unfortunately i already have the update nag on my n3ds xl XD cause i used to play some MH4 online so when i had it in sleep mode it had downloaded the update in the background ..

but my og3ds is on latest fw. in emuNAND. and i usually keep wifi off. i will never use online modes again so i keep it off.

and as for reinand i have tried it and it is really good on the n3ds since it is also exclusive to it i believe? but my down thing on it is that it is not region free, and i had to run an app called MultiPatcher or seomthing every time i rebooted into my emuNAND and that put Reinand down for me so i went back to using GW. :/

as for RxTools i know that one is very famous for the og3ds's but i have no clues about it etc. and i believe that is probably also not region free?
Well I know RxTools has some form of region free, I can't say for the others - not as perfect as GWs region-free patches though.

The Real Jdbye

*is birb*
Trophies
XP
Country
Norway
hello guys, is this safe to do ? mainly i would like to keep it in emuNAND cause of not having to keep swapping my GW off my n3ds xl etc. and just to have my og3ds ready to play my other games!

i am abit afraid to do this mainly cause of messing up the emuNAND.

because once i left my n3dsxl in sleep mode while in emuNAND and left it for some 8 hours , and opened it up and had black screen on top and bottom as well, bottom gave an error telling me to power it off.
so i had to do a hard shut down.

is there anyone around who leave their 3ds console on sleep mode (while in emuNAND) with not that many issues at all ?
Lately, since I've been using my n3DS rather frequently, I've been leaving it in sleep mode while in GW mode, and I see no reason why it would cause any issues except battery drain of course.

leonmagnus99

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
Iraq
this is not related to the sleep mode thing, but i need help with my og3ds.. it keeps freezing on me :/

it happened once when i was in game (SuperMarioBros2) after playing it for some 20minutes it froze and i had to power it off.. i have a pic provided you can see what happened.

and now after i had it for 12hours in sleep mode (in emuNAND) i opened it up and all seemed fine i see my Custom Theme on it and so i move the D-pad around to see what game i want to start and then bam.. it froze in a weird way like. it changed the background to the usual non-themed 3ds menu but i could see my folders in the bg. but it froze so i have to power it off manually again .. and i have really a legit class10 32gig SanDisk SD card :( ..

i had emuNAND formatted once before and still had the issue, so i tried formatting Sysnand (with my sd removed) and now still have the same issue..

one more thing to add, i recently put the latest GW launcher dat inside the root of my SDcard. could this be also causing the freeze issue ? o.O ..and one last thing guys bear with me please !

the last thing would be, well i had only a 4gig sd card that came with the og3ds and i went on and bought new SDcard 32gig, i did this to make more space for my n3dsXL as i have a 64gig for that one i still get out of space due to many games, so i delete games from my n3ds and i put those in my new og3ds SD card..

the thing is, i didnt format the new SDcard that i bought , i only formatted it using the 3ds console, could this also affect the SD card in a way !? (cause on my first freeze problem it gave me a black screen on both top/bottom and on bottom it wrote the error 'sd card has been removed" XD ) so ehm.. and i did put the SD card in the right way it clicked into it so i dont know what could be the actual root of the issue :/ @samiam144

Attachments

• IMG-20151122-WA0012.jpeg
    IMG-20151122-WA0012.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 252
Last edited by leonmagnus99,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Sak is a fishy pineapple