OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Hi,

Since my internet is super slow, while I put my 3DS to update, it will fail after like 10 minutes. So is there any way to get the update via internet me self and then like put it on the SD card and make it update itself like dat?
rolleyes.gif

-test dude.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
It is a 128kbps connection, so my download rate is up to ~16kiloByte per second. I don't have with leaving it downloading for hours, problem is it will stop after 20 minutes stating that the download is interrupted.

@Takeshi: Hey dude, remember me? U still have the same avatar, different bg I think and were from Germany, right? damn those days were great.

D

Deleted User

Don't you have access to a public Wi-Fi anywhere near you? Maybe even a game store that could do the update for you?

test84 said:
It is a 128kbps connection, so my download rate is up to ~16kiloByte per second. I don't have with leaving it downloading for hours, problem is it will stop after 20 minutes stating that the download is interrupted.

@Takeshi: Hey dude, remember me? U still have the same avatar, different bg I think and were from Germany, right? damn those days were great.
Of course I do, haven't seen you in a long time, though.
biggrin.gif

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Well, if you really can't update online, then you will have only one (official) choice left : the retail game with the desired firmware.
But for the moment only Zelda OoT contains a 1.0.1-1x update. It won't update you to the latest firmware with e-shop access.

Maybe there's a way to update online without downloading the files from the Nintendo Update Server, but nobody tested it. Use at your own risk:

IF your region is PAL :
- Check my post to get a list of files downloaded by the update process.
- Download them one by one with your favorite browser and store them on your computer
- use a proxy with forwarder feature and redirect all nintendo's URL to the file on your computer.
- set the 3DS to use your proxy
- update the 3DS.

If your region is not PAL, then you will need the URL of the updated files for your own region.

Maybe it won't work because there will be checks to prevent file redirections. As I said, nobody tested it yet.
We are not responsible if you brick your console using this method, use at your own risk.

test84

GBAtemp's last ninja 2.
OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Iran
Takeshi said:
Don't you have access to a public Wi-Fi anywhere near you? Maybe even a game store that could do the update for you?

test84 said:

Of course I do, haven't seen you in a long time, though.
biggrin.gif

Long time no see!
:3

And about public wifi, no dude, don't have such thing around. and game shop? LoL, it's Iran, a.k.a HELL. (They are gonna cut the internet if you haven't heard!)

QUOTE(Cyan @ Jul 22 2011, 03:20 PM)
Well, if you really can't update online, then you will have only one (official) choice left : the retail game with the desired firmware.
But for the moment only Zelda OoT contains a 1.0.1-1x update. It won't update you to the latest firmware with e-shop access.

Maybe there's a way to update online without downloading the files from the Nintendo Update Server, but nobody tested it. Use at your own risk:

IF your region is PAL :
- Check my post to get a list of files downloaded by the update process.
- Download them one by one with your favorite browser and store them on your computer
- use a proxy with forwarder feature and redirect all nintendo's URL to the file on your computer.
- set the 3DS to use your proxy
- update the 3DS.

If your region is not PAL, then you will need the URL of the updated files for your own region.

Maybe it won't work because there will be checks to prevent file redirections. As I said, nobody tested it yet.
We are not responsible if you brick your console using this method, use at your own risk.

Hey man, nice to see you too!

To be honest with you, I bought my 3DS from Dubai, so it says it is designed for Saudia Arabia countries, does it make my console, PAL? (I'm not sure if 3DS is region locked though still)

And since I got mine for about 400$, I'm not gonna risk it, just wanted to play excitebikes! :3

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Sorry it's not PAL but EUR
tongue.gif

You can check your region in the settings.

The final letter gives you the region.
Mine is E for Europe (and Australia?).
There is J E and U. (maybe K?)

3DS is region locked
frown.gif

nbvcxy206

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
lol lol lol lol
rofl2.gif

This is such a nonsense .....

I do not use WLan at home and I do not want to use it, period.
There is radiaton all the time anywhere, it needs power, costs money
and efforts to install and keep. And I don´t see any reason to use it.

Also there is no open WLan near my place of living, you need an access
everywhere and have to pay for it. Anyway imagine you walk half an hours
just to upgrade your console... Absurd !

Anyway I have 30Mbit and I´m very fine with it, using powerline and sometimes bluetooth.

It´s really annoying that Nintendo forces anyone to use WLan for an update.....

BTW: What games need an upgrade right now ? There are just 29 I know....

AlanJohn

くたばれ
Global Moderator
Trophies
Website
www.deenextreme.com
XP
Country
Ukraine
nbvcxy206 said:
lol lol lol lol
rofl2.gif

This is such a nonsense .....

I do not use WLan at home and I do not want to use it, period.
There is radiaton all the time anywhere, it needs power, costs money
and efforts to install and keep. And I don´t see any reason to use it.

Also there is no open WLan near my place of living, you need an access
everywhere and have to pay for it. Anyway imagine you walk half an hours
just to upgrade your console... Absurd !

Anyway I have 30Mbit and I´m very fine with it, using powerline and sometimes bluetooth.

It´s really annoying that Nintendo forces anyone to use WLan for an update.....

BTW: What games need an upgrade right now ? There are just 29 I know....
LOL routers cause radiation LOL!
Installing them is easy, its very hard to f*ck it up.
Oh and you just need to pay your internet bill, nothing additional for wireless.

P.S: those guys who give it for money are assholes.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
If a game really needs an update, it will have it on the cartridge and it will update the console offline.
You won't need WLAN to update at all.

Currently, Zelda Ocarina of Time have update files on the cartridge.
So, later games will likely be bundled with the required firmware. No need to worry about the needed version to play a specific game.

nbvcxy206

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
AlanJohn said:
Oh and you just need to pay your internet bill, nothing additional for wireless.

rofl.gif
HAHAHAHAHAH

Another person believing electric smog is nonsense...... hahahah
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

It´s like : If we can´t see it, it does not exist.
Or : If we can´t see it, it must be harmless...
Or : I´m fine, we´re all fine, it´s obvious, this must be safe.
Or : Here are 50 studies telling us electric radiation does not affect humans. So this is real.
Is this a matter of belief or a matter of science ? I´m confused.

Installing Wlan might be easy or difficult depending on your hardware, router, type of encryption, connection, OS etc...
It might have been easy for you but that does not mean it´s easy for everyone.

Oh and just to mention if you do not use WLan in your own flat it doesn´t matter if you pay your bill.

zellthemedic

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
nbvcxy206 said:
AlanJohn said:

rofl.gif
HAHAHAHAHAH

Another person believing electric smog is nonsense...... hahahah
smile.gif
smile.gif
smile.gif

It´s like : If we can´t see it, it does not exist.
Or : If we can´t see it, it must be harmless...
Or : I´m fine, we´re all fine, it´s obvious, this must be safe.
Or : Here are 50 studies telling us electric radiation does not affect humans. So this is real.
Is this a matter of belief or a matter of science ? I´m confused.

Installing Wlan might be easy or difficult depending on your hardware, router, type of encryption, connection, OS etc...
It might have been easy for you but that does not mean it´s easy for everyone.

Oh and just to mention if you do not use WLan in your own flat it doesn´t matter if you pay your bill.

Electric smog? Really? Are you dense? Is this what they teach kids where you live?

Like, honestly, I don't know how to word it. You're a victim of HORRIBLE education if you believe that electromagnetic radiation or radio waves can be harmful.

Actually...it just sounds like you're making excuses not to buy one. You're not an idiot, you're just very ignorant.

Cyan

GBATemp's lurking knight
Former Staff
Trophies
XP
Country
France
Please, don't start a war about radio waves and electromagnetism here.
Get back to the subject, which is Updating the 3DS offline (for whatever reasons).

As I said, the first easier way is using a game cartridge.
The update file will be included if required, so don't worry.

nbvcxy206

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
zellthemedic said:
Electric smog? Really? Are you dense? Is this what they teach kids where you live?

Like, honestly, I don't know how to word it. You're a victim of HORRIBLE education if you believe that electromagnetic radiation or radio waves can be harmful.

Actually...it just sounds like you're making excuses not to buy one. You're not an idiot, you're just very ignorant.

School ? If you know a single school teaching about the effects on the different radiaton types on humans, please let me know.
I´m curious ! Never heard of that. When I was at school, there had not been much knowledge about it, anyway.

Most people on this planet think like you do. You are part of a large majority.
This topic is a difficult and complex one and you need lots of time and efforts to get an idea of what it´s all about.

But well, of course it is senseless to talk about it, I understand. You believe what you believe, I respect that.
Everyone should have the right to follow any religion.

nbvcxy206

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Cyan said:
Please, don't start a war about radio waves and electromagnetism here.
Get back to the subject, which is Updating the 3DS offline (for whatever reasons).

As I said, the first easier way is using a game cartridge.
The update file will be included if required, so don't worry.

Sorry, won´t post any further comments.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo: https://www.youtube.com/@legolambs