Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.goldcoastrs-modchips.com
XP
Country
Wiikit Install Guide & chip info

wiikitno3.jpg

Hi first id like to start by explaining what a wiikit is & how it is different to a wiikey

Wiikit is a newer version of modchip for the nintendo wii, as the wiikey program was also once a starting project so is wiikit

basicly it is a newer version on wiikey & no its not any type clone or even close

the wiikit has the basic functions of a wiikey & not made like a clone it is 100% manufactured the same,

wiikit is made with 01b resistor same as a official wiikey

it included in latest production also gold pads like a wiikey, the chip set on top i confirm it the exact 100% same chi usedfrom team xeno

the wiikit in many ways is new model in its own & to top it every chip includes a wired connection point for a more simple install process compared to any other wii modchip on the market

this wired connector is what sets the wiikit apart & above the rest for the home modder it is the perfect chip

Features

Direct boot of wii backups
Direct boot of GC backups
Direct boot of homebrew in GC mode
Supports all currently available console/drive versions
Supports D2B chipsets
Sophisticated (true) update mechanism via DVD (future proof, expect cool features to come)
Direct boot of different NTSC region Wii games/backups on US and JAP consoles
Partial support for NTSC region Wii games/backups on PAL consoles
Boots different region GC games/backups (partially without swapping)
Supports multi-disc games for BOTH Wii and Gamecube
Supports DVD-R / true DVD+R and +RW support (no bitsetting required!)
Improved readsettings for recordable media
Built-in audio fix
Supports fullsize 4GB discs for gamecube homebrew
Stealth mode
512 byte EEPROM to store configuration
Quicksolder interface - no wires required
Unique disc backup application via sdcard
Compact design, best quality components, rock solid high speed controller
Professional ESD packing
Recovery mode - Can recover from a bad flash

Install process

Install Process is 100% same as wiikey but with option to use a wired connector provided with every chip instead of direct wired method to make removing or updating a chip in future much much easy, also it doesnt make it a lot easyer not to go wrong in the install process compare to direct method is a once off thing if goes wrong things might look bad but with wired method it is a lot more simple & less risk in missing up the mod you also will be able correct any misteaks more easy

We have placed a sample install Quide Below on how to position & Install Chip Via Direct or Wired

Direct Install Method

step2.jpg

Connect all 6 points as shown above & use your chooce of soldering

Wired Install Method

wireswiikit.jpg

Use direct install picture above to match each coloured wire to the corecct solder point on your wii system

Step1.jpg

Connect your 6 wire's to each point on your wii,Attach wiikit chip 3 - 5 cm away from the solder points.

step3.jpg

Connect your chip to the wiikit wired connection point & your done, Software use is suggested to use Wiikey Universal V1.2 (PAL/USA/JAP)

wired method is the 100% same install process just instead of direct solder you will connect your chip via wired connector provided with your chip, This makes it a more simple install & also chip can be removed at any time at no risk unlike other chips on the market which only provide a direct install method

helba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's a wiikey rip off, just has the fancy cables on the side.

So in a nutshell, it uses the wiikey config disk, i dunno if this qualifies it as a clone, a high end clone?
It looks like a deformed wiikey. the extra wires are usless as you can solder those wires onto the quick solder pads.. and the wires are too big, bulky. I wouldn't get it as you can use the wiikey and have the same effect.

nightwalker

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
it's a wiikey rip off, just has the fancy cables on the side.

So in a nutshell, it uses the wiikey config disk, i dunno if this qualifies it as a clone, a high end clone?
It looks like a deformed wiikey. the extra wires are usless as you can solder those wires onto the quick solder pads.. and the wires are too big, bulky. I wouldn't get it as you can use the wiikey and have the same effect.
aw....too bad, pretty good idea

would be nice if wiikey, or any other official mod chip supplier picks up this idea

simpson17

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I saw the thread creator accidently posted in a different topic -
lol i didnt think id get that type replys

anyway each to there own
in my opion wiikit is better

it also is in early production stage wiikey also was realesed now 4 versions

wiikit has 2 i have the newest

sum1 asked where buy them from well if look at me sign in furom you see link there enjoy

P.S its not a wiikey clone at all

I have a question on this as I haven't looked at the wii scene in a while, but it looks like whether or not you have a wii with chipped legs this mod doesnt matter. What I mean by that is, that it'd be easy to install on any wii model. Also I would like to know if the Hajime no Ippo game is currently running on the wii using this sort of mod chip (a NTSC-U wii)

thieves like us

chaos personified
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
simpson17:
I believe that you meant "clipped" legs. and you'll still need to either re-build the legs or dremel the chip for the install.

I just received a [bad install] system with this wiikit chip installed and I've got to agree with helba, the 18awg crappy, stranded wire on that plug-in connector is extremely difficult to work with (which explains why I'm fixing the system in my possession right now). use it and more than likely, you'll end up lifting a pad or two.

if you're going to purchase this chip, my suggestion is to throw away the connector and use the regular points on the chip.

helba

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
simpson17:
I believe that you meant "clipped" legs. and you'll still need to either re-build the legs or dremel the chip for the install.

I just received a [bad install] system with this wiikit chip installed and I've got to agree with helba, the 18awg crappy, stranded wire on that plug-in connector is extremely difficult to work with (which explains why I'm fixing the system in my possession right now). use it and more than likely, you'll end up lifting a pad or two.

if you're going to purchase this chip, my suggestion is to throw away the connector and use the regular points on the chip.
thanks, the 30 AWG is used for a reason.

ziddey

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If they could come up with a way to use some form of adhesive that was conductive, so a solderless approach could be made onto the clipped legs, that'd sell like hotcakes.

For instance, an idea I had would be to have the 3 wires in a cast that's hard and combined such that you mount it on top of the d2b chip, and it clamps on somehow, and applies pressure onto the 3 clipped legs such that connection is made. Hell, while you're at it with this, you might as well have it contact the other leg as well so the only two left to be wired would be vcc and vss.

Goldcoastr

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
Website
www.goldcoastrs-modchips.com
XP
Country
ziddery that is a good idea

my opion on this is save up & do it you be a very very rich person if actualy make the design & finish project & Start selling a chip which yeah makes the legs reconnect in a more simple way then normal

& for user above it no the wiikit will not at all make it more simple to install on the latest mother board version on wii with cut legs on the chip sets

you still need to chip away at the chipset to expose those 3 points to be able solder them up

but as user above this tread wrote there would be a way ,making a simple install chip which reconnects the legs when install chip but yeah the design would cost 1000's to deveolope so good luck with that

also theres no point nintendo would just get back to the office & figure a new way to try stop all of us

for example they cut the 3 legs off but yeah that hasnt stopped anyone from installing a chip only makes task more harder

i can tell you now there in that office on the drawing boards trying to find a new way

but sorry nintendo staff if reading this which you are lol

but you will never sto the modders around the worldno matter what you do what you try will find a way thats just life so give it a rest nintendo just cause sony can do what they want doesnt mean you can

hope this post gets throught to sum1 up high in nintendo company cause you really need think harder & in return so will we

Modchips will never be stopped thats a fact of life & thats it end of story

hope every one enjoyed reading my s#@t

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: good night