Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Shuny said:
NeSchn said:
Oh no, My shitty computer says my DVD drive cannot be supported by DvdInfoPro. So can I get some good suggestion, How is ImgBurn on 8x or so?
A such old drive will only give you bad-burned discs IMHO.
Wells its not even that old, only 2 years old or so. Maybe my bro with let me use his computer.

NeSchn

Swag.
Trophies
Website
neschncardreviews.tk
XP
Country
United States
Ok my bro is letting me use his computer to burn and check games. I just checked the counterfeit ones my brother got from China they were at 90+% until the end of ther burn and then it dropped straight to zero!

Is it still ok to play a game at 0% or will it kill my Wii?

EDIT:
These are the results so far from the counter feit games my brother bought:
Obscure: The Aftermath = 0%
Godzilla Unleashed = 89%
Manhunt 2 = 95%
Battalion Wars 2 = 98%
Soul Calibur Legends = 30%

So it seems the ones that came in the paper slips (Obsure and Soul Calibur) didn't do so good.

Shuny

I'm in yr forum, reading yr postz
OP
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
0% is a very low quality but sometimes it stills work with your Wii. No need to trash them, two games won't kill your Wii
wink.gif

Others DVD seems to have a good quality so you can continue playing your DVD without problem.

jared120120

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
jalaneme said:
Shuny said:
I'm personally using some Memorex which works great.

you just made your faq void already, memorex is low grade media http://www.digitalfaq.com/media/dvdmedia.htm

QUOTE said:
It appears that DVD-R works better than DVD+R. I don't have any DVD+R so I can't test.

wrong again, 90% of my Wii discs are on dvd+r and work fine even many months after.

On my configuration, burning at 16x gives better result than burning at 2x.

unless you DO want to damage your Wii drive burning that high will accelerate it further, also the Wii drive MAX read speed is 6x not 16x, and it's also recommended to burn at half of the speed that is advertised on the blank media.

also everyone has different dvd burners firmwares OS and so on so what may work for you may be completely different for someone else, making a guide that you think works may not work for others.

He still showed us all the programs and possible ways to do it. So how about you go to hell and give him credit.

zidane_genome

My sword has a +2 bleeding... wanna test it out?
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
wanted to post my results...

fffcdyq3.png

Final Fantasy Fables - Chocobo Dugeon for the Wii, burnt at 8x, on Memorex DVD+R (yes, +R)

As you can see, my Quality Rating is at 98.35%!

Shuny

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
Scorpin200 said:
I burned my wii games at 8x i think which is the default with nero will this work well or is there a set speed that you have to burn at?
Both parameters are the problem. Nero can't burn discs proprely as proved by a lot of testimonies, and you have to test with your own configuration what's the best speed. There isn't any magical parameter for that, unfortunately.

tpformbh

Trophies
XP
Country
Will post some scans tomorrow, but basically got hold of some japanese TY Verbatim

First game i tried was big beach sports, worked fine at 8x.

Then tried Wall-E - no luck at all. Tried again - no luck, despite quality scans in excess of 97%. Works fine on a 4x disk (quality nearly 80%) - the 8x just gives a disk cannot be read after the initial splash loading screen.

DK Jet Race - same problem at 8x. 4x works fine.

Funny thing is the 8x burns give a disk quality scan in another drive of 99%, but the Wii just can't cope with them.

Just wondering what to make of it all really :S They're all full backups rather than being scrubbed, don't know if that would make a difference or not.

Sweeday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Today I'll buy a new writer and I don't know which one is the best choice :

- Pioneer DVR-115D : the one, but it uses IDE interface
or
- Pioneer DVR-215D : appears to be pretty much the same with a S-ATA interface but has not be reviewed over here

Sweeday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Nevermind, I've bought the 115 IDE.

My first attempt to burn has been pretty weird. I've burnt an iso of Wii Play dumped previously from my original disc with Waninkoko's homebrew. It's been burnt with ImgBurn at 4x on a Taiyo Yuden TY003 DVD-R, DVDinfo rates the quality at 98,40% but... the Wii just doesn't detect the DVD, just as if I didn't have my modship installed (even if my backups burnt with my older writer still work).

saloalea

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
4X is too slow.... 6X is the sweet spot with DVR-115/215 series, even on 16X media
lecture.gif

I use the DVR-115L @6X on Verbatim 16X -R MCC03RG20
wacko.gif

Sweeday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
saloalea said:
4X is too slow.... 6X is the sweet spot with DVR-115/215 series, even on 16X media
lecture.gif

I use the DVR-115L @6X on Verbatim 16X -R MCC03RG20
wacko.gif

OK, I'll have a try at 6x.

But that phenomenom seems to be quite contradictory with the following message :

QUOTE(PigVenus @ Apr 29 2008, 03:39 PM) Yummy!

Pioneer DVR-110D + 1.41 firmware + Taiyo Yuden DVD-R (TYG02) + 4x burn speed = Quality Rating 98.55%

(PI Peak: 53, PIF Peak 3)

Actually, that's the quality rating I also got but the console doesn't boot the game. Weird.

Sweeday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Well, actually at 6x it also didn't work. So I've tried to back up another game and it works perfectly. I don't understand anything :-/

Sweeday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Solved my problem.
Now, I get quality ratings around 98-99% when I burn at x4 with Imgburn on Taiyo Yuden DVD-R.

Do you think I'd use the same settings to burn a DVD DL disc ?

saloalea

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Canada
Quality ratings are meaningless, and I hope you aren't scanning with your 115. Scanning should be done with a BenQ/Lite-On.

BTW, genuine TYG03 has a serial number etched into the dye around the hub of the reading side, something like "GH000xxx"

As for DL, I recommend burning MKM 003 @6X with the 115

Sweeday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
saloalea said:
Quality ratings are meaningless, and I hope you aren't scanning with your 115. Scanning should be done with a BenQ/Lite-On.

BTW, genuine TYG03 has a serial number etched into the dye around the hub of the reading side, something like "GH000xxx"

I do, what's the problem with that ?

Shuny

OP
Trophies
Website
www.shunyweb.info
XP
Country
France
Sweeday said:
saloalea said:

I do, what's the problem with that ?
Pioneer are really optimist with the quality of your disc. The most objective drives are the BenQ/LiteOn as saloalea said.

Sweeday

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Alright, thanks for your advices. Anyway, I'll keep on testing with the Pioneer as I haven't got any other drive. I've seen that burning at 6x gave poorer results (around 85%-90%, burned and tested with the Pioneer) so may I fit at x4 ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    AncientBoi @ AncientBoi: Imma make quesadillas for lunch :D +1