Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Tekken was just released in Australia and I went to pick up my copy today
yaypsp.gif
I'm pretty much a tekken noob, my brother has Tekken 4 on the ps2 that I've played it a few times, but that's about it.

First off the game is bloody awesome, great production value, graphics, sound. It seems like a very tightly packed and fine tuned game. I mean, over 30 fighters
bow.gif
(one of which is a kangaroo! woo!) Contender for best PSP game yet in my opinion.

One little problem though...the game difficulty only goes down to 'easy'...what happened to 'very easy' or 'i'm a tekken noob' mode? I'm constantly getting my arse handed to me by Dark Gin on round 8 of story mode, I've beaten story mode only once before and now I'm stuck at Dark Gin. Some of the matches last time I had to redo about a dozen times before I could beat them
frown.gif

Anyone else out there with the game? What do you think of it?

I guess I'll get back to getting my arse handed to me by Gin

gba.gif

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I have it and it's great! It's one of the better games I've bought for the PSP because of hype (fuck you Monster Hunter Portable... what a shitass grind.).

I'm a Tekken n00b also and stopped playing when I wasn't doing too well at the 3rd Dojo with Xiaoyu. Might pick it up again and try Dojo again with either Jin, Asuka or Lili... well after I friggin complete LocoRoco.
rofl2.gif

yaypsp.gif

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I completed Loco Roco a few days after I bought it. Pretty easy game, but very fun too. Not too much in there to keep you going back though.

God damn, I just played against Dark Jin about 6 more times and lost all of them. I've beaten him once but never twice in a round.

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I completed Loco Roco a few days after I bought it. Pretty easy game, but very fun too. Not too much in there to keep you going back though.

God damn, I just played against Dark Jin about 6 more times and lost all of them. I've beaten him once but never twice in a round.

Cool. I'm still friggin frustrated I can't find some of the Mui Muis and complete all the LocoRoco too. I've beat the game in a sense but I always make sure to 100% beat a game I bought to make it worth it (even if I think it sucks, I still try to beat them... damn you again MHP!).

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
Story Mode is easy compared to Tekken Dojo... dunno really, I know for a fact that I suck at Tekken and moreso on a PSP. Btw, Opium, 901 more posts to go til 10k GET!

So which character are you using? I use mostly Xiaoyu, Raven or Lili and sometimes Jin.

EDIT: Screw that, I misread your Member No. as your Post Count. DUMB!

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
Oh jeez, now I need to know the names of these people (looks at inside sleave of game case), I was using Lili in story mode last, and now I just started out Dojo mode with Kazuya Mishima. I pimped him up with a red jacket and white pants, makes him look like a circus conductor now lol.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
yarly.jpg

I love those things XD

I also really love this game. I've never been much of a fan of Tekken, but Tekken to go is good and all the extras tops it all off for me here. This is my vote for a PSP must have
wink.gif

EDIT: changed image, the other one was too big... >.>

kernelPANIC

Trophies
Website
www.kanjiswipe.com
XP
Country
Japan
I picked this game a week ago, and while I'm not much of a Tekken fan, I've been crunching some serious Tekken hours in the past few days. I'm working on getting all the endings on story mode and I'm halfway there, but even on Easy difficulty mode I still have to continue 3-4 times each time. Depending on the character. Some fighters like the boxer or the Panda/Bear are really hard to get used to since they seem to have a more limited amount of moves. Devil Jin is always a pain to defeat, so I feel your pain Opium.
Just a small tip for you first time Tekken players. When selecting the character you want to play with in the Select Character screen, you can "choose" the outfit they wear by clicking with a different button each time (Square, Circle, Triangle and Cross). Some characters sport different costumes with each button (like Asuka for instance) while others only have one costume for the cross and circle buttons, and another for the square and triangle button from the get go (like Lili).
I love Asuka's Circle button costume, which, if I recall correctly, was designed by mangaka Oh! Great. /otaku

Orc

‎(ღ˘⌣˘ღ)
Trophies
Website
steamcommunity.com
XP
Country
Hong Kong
I picked this game a week ago, and while I'm not much of a Tekken fan, I've been crunching some serious Tekken hours in the past few days. I'm working on getting all the endings on story mode and I'm halfway there, but even on Easy difficulty mode I still have to continue 3-4 times each time. Depending on the character. Some fighters like the boxer or the Panda/Bear are really hard to get used to since they seem to have a more limited amount of moves. Devil Jin is always a pain to defeat, so I feel your pain Opium.
Just a small tip for you first time Tekken players. When selecting the character you want to play with in the Select Character screen, you can "choose" the outfit they wear by clicking with a different button each time (Square, Circle, Triangle and Cross). Some characters sport different costumes with each button (like Asuka for instance) while others only have one costume for the cross and circle buttons, and another for the square and triangle button from the get go (like Lili).
I love Asuka's Circle button costume, which, if I recall correctly, was designed by mangaka Oh! Great. /otaku

Xiaoyu also has costumes for the triggers (schoolgirl uniform) also Law and some more... forgot really...

Edit: Speaking of costumes, I never touched Xiaoyu's costumes in edit mode other than putting on the auras instead. :/ I editted ALL the rest though. Might start playing my hoodie Jin with that demonic mask on.
biggrin.gif

Oh and I have over 60% playtime on Xiaoyu. I should mess around with her outfits.

tama_mog

Kupo
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
I played the game for 5 minutes and said wow cool, nice graphics.....and then remembered I hate tekken with a passion (capcom guy) and went back playing my taiko no tatsujin and sudoku. Come to think of it, I haven't touched my psps in ages ever since I started playing some ds games seriously.

al-ds

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Yeah its prety sweet, been a big tekken fan for a long time now and picked up my copy a month or so ago on psp
smile.gif

Got too many games now so it doesnt get played as much.

Shinji

҉҉ ҉҉
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United States
I played the game for 5 minutes and said wow cool, nice graphics.....and then remembered I hate tekken with a passion (capcom guy) and went back playing my taiko no tatsujin and sudoku. Come to think of it, I haven't touched my psps in ages ever since I started playing some ds games seriously.

Taiko no tatsujin 2!! Yay. I dont really like Tekken either, but this has me reconsidering. Still, almost any game is better than Mortal Kombat... >.>

DCJoeDog

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
dcjoedog.deviantart.com
XP
Country
United States
anyone else having trouble making the roll move

example, Paul has a move that is like Ryu's Hadoken(fireball)

D,DR,R right puch but the PSP makes it VERY hard to do these roll type moves, and forget about doing that move from the 2p side, it's next to impossible

so anyone else?

Opium

PogoShell it to me ™
OP
Former Staff
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
Australia
I'm having troubles doing anything that involves diagonals...Any move with a diagonal in it I skip.

I've been pracicing using Lili recently, she's a great fighter, very fast and deadly with the right combos. I spent about 600,000 cash customizing her, hehe playboy bunny ears
tongue.gif

*edit* here's a pic

lili.jpg

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    SylverReZ @ SylverReZ: https://youtu.be/ab8GtuPdrUQ +1