• Views 50,722
  • Replies 182
  • Likes 2

Skyhigh_

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Because many of you still have trouble, here is a little guide how to format your (>64GB) microSD cards to FAT32 for the SKY3DS+.

1. Download and install EaseUS Partition Master Free
2. Delete all partitions on your Micro SD card so you only have "Unallocated space"
3. Create partition (Create as: Primary, File system: FAT32)
4. Format partition (Cluster size 64 KB)
5. Set Active
6. Hit Apply to format your card!

DONE! This card is now properly formatted for use with the SKY3DS+
Thank you

this was an extremely helpful post because after trying different formatters and methods ( with no success) i simply followed these exact instructions and now my 64 gb and higher cards work on my sky3ds+

No more rainbow colors

Reactions: WhenThen

Patron182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi,

I was wondering if someone has already "fixed" the behavior of sky3ds+ and the region free, I have to pull out the cartridge everytime i press the orange buttons to change between games.

Thanks.

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
Hi,

I was wondering if someone has already "fixed" the behavior of sky3ds+ and the region free, I have to pull out the cartridge everytime i press the orange buttons to change between games.

Thanks.
The region free homebrew seems to make its detection on cart insertion.
You don't have to eject the cart after each button push. If you know that the game you want to load is after 3 push, just press 3 times, eject the cart and reinsert it.

Patron182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Hi I don't want to reinsert the sky3ds+ everytime i change games, i'm trying to do somethin to solve that, so, my first homebrew (almost all code stolen):

This application launch the gamecard even if the regionfree doesn't recognize the game.

PD: I hope i can improve it, but this is what i can do so far.

Ok, its time for version 2.0, I have changed the name of the application and have added the features that i was aiming for.

- Press A to refresh and show the game name, if you change the game (sky3ds+ orange buttons) you can press A again to reload the information.
- Press X to launch the game.
- Press START go back to the HBL and launch the game from there.

Attachments

• reload_sky3ds+.zip
    91.7 KB · Views: 110
Last edited by Patron182,

Patron182

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Colombia
Well, version 2.1 :P

Changelog:
- Colors!!!
- Better messages and format
- App version shown.

Attachments

• reload_sky3ds+2.1.zip
    91.8 KB · Views: 106

Reaper 303

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Soo where do you guys find your region free pokemon games like x, y, omega ruby and alpha saphire? I tried to find them but no luck. Im using a sky3ds+ i downlosded. Pokemon x region free 3ds but its not working?

fikatr

Trophies
XP
Country
Turkey
Soo where do you guys find your region free pokemon games like x, y, omega ruby and alpha saphire? I tried to find them but no luck. Im using a sky3ds+ i downlosded. Pokemon x region free 3ds but its not working?
its not how it works pokemon games are region free only for cias

Azadar

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Been out of the scene for a bit, just got my replacement 3ds after I broke the old one! Can someone fill me in on how to setup a sky3ds plus on V 10.6.0-31U (safe to update?) also looks like no new firmware since feb 2016? is this card dead???

Also do we still need diskwriter or other files? I was under impression just firmware and than the settings file from firware and drag and drop??

Last edited by Azadar,

el_gonz87

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I would suggest you insert sky3ds+ into 3ds and check settings text file, if it is on latest version then there is no need to flash it with usb cable.

All you need to do is the following for setup:
1) Format sd card with FAT32 and 64kb clusters
2) Copy 3ds games (make sure they are cartridge dumps and right region or none will load)
2a) See if games load, if you check SD card all should have a SAV (if missing then possibly a corrupt rom)
3) If you plan to play online research the use of private headers or you will get banned

Since you are on low enough firmware you could consider installing A9LH and Luma3DS, then use freeshop to play any game you want without the need of sky3ds (this includes eshop exclusives).

If you have any other questions let me know!

bleachigo159

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Philippines
I just updated my Sky3DS+ to the latest version which is v1.30 but I noticed that the "settings.txt" files makes you put your GAMESAVEKEY which is my private header (ever since update v1.12), but the thing is I own 2 private headers which is being used in multiple games where should I put the other private headers? Or should I retain the .cfg files along with my sav files

Redferne

Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
If you don't want to use this feature just remove the line with GAMESAVEKEY in the settings.txt.
You will then have to manually put the header in the game cfg file.
Note that the cfg file has precedence over the settings.txt.

bleachigo159

Trophies
Website
www.facebook.com
XP
Country
Philippines
If you don't want to use this feature just remove the line with GAMESAVEKEY in the settings.txt.
You will then have to manually put the header in the game cfg file.
Note that the cfg file has precedence over the settings.txt.

thanks for this so it'll still work even though I remove the GAMESAVEKEY and stick to the CFG methods right?

Jim_

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Hi. Hope this first post will reach someone.
I just received a sky3DS+ and the first operation was to update the sky3DS+ to v140. The device doesn't seem to react correcty.
Here is what can be observed when starting the sky3DS+ hooked to a PC (or mac) with a SDCard (FAT32 with 32 and 64k clusters tested) :
- Red led steady then flashing rapidly for a few seconds
- 4 or 5 white blinks
- Then blue led blinking forever

v130 firmware.bin does the same.
v112 seems to update correctly (red led, then green, then no led)... but when pluging on the new 3DS XL there is no settings file created (Led 1x green then 1x red when pluging to the console, then nothing).

I tried with multiple SD cards : Sandisk extreme 32Gb, sandisk classic 8Gb, Toshiba 4Gb... all formatted with easeus, mini partition tool and sd formatter 4.0 and 5.0 (tested all).
Always the same behaviour.

Also, when putting the sky3DS+ on the 3DS without any sdcard, I don't get the "rainbow" LEDs. That doesn't seem normal neither ?
I saw a reddit post also stating flashing blue led after 140 update, but the guy also don't have any luck so far.

Could this sky3DS+ be DoA and need to be replaced ?

Thanks for your help!
Jim

Dazzlaa

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Been using the Sky3ds+ for a while now with no issues, however every game now either says "this game card cannot be used" or it boots and then says there was a problem and black screens. No roms have been changed so it cannot be a region thing. Could anyone offer any advice?
Regards

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Least they got head in the end