• Replies 182
  • Likes 2

kjtemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Check the rom filename. I've had issues with filenames that contain the & symbol. I suggest removing any special characters such as %*( etc.

The file names did have the - in it so removed it. Tried with 3 roms of pokemon x and 5 roms of pokemon y. Each one I got from a different source and one is from a friend who dumped his own copy of pokemon x. Still unable to load the pokemon roms I have.

toccy

Trophies
XP
Country
All,

i notice a problem with Sky3DS

so i have a 32GB microsd, filled with games, now on that card there are already 30 games, all playable with no problem, then i need to add another games, always not detected by sky3ds,

let say adding new ZZZ.3ds, it will not appear after my YYY.3ds that already in the card.. indicatior not showing red led. and game cycling always on the last game. (this case YYY.3ds)

then i pop the card to reader, read it in PC, showing that the ZZZ.3ds is not generating proper cfg and sav. (0 or 1 byte),
(this happen in my sandisk and toshiba and another brandless card; sdformatter / pc format , 32/64k cluster, seems not related to microsd)

what i do to make it work, copy the new ZZZ.3ds to my spare blank 2GB microsd, and put it in the SKY3DS plus. game detected fine, cfg and sav file created. then i copy the cfg and sav to the 32 card.. now Sky3DS is detecting the game fine..

is this bug/limitation? if too many games in on SDcard then sky3ds will fail to process another game

PS: please also share how many games you have on your sky3dsplus card.

Ive had similar issues plus atleast another person on this thread if you read back, I dont know exactly what happens as I cant get on the 3ds to play as its not mine!!! but I there are ~40 games on the 32GB card. (sandisk)

Ninoh-FOX

Otaku Gamer!!
Trophies
Website
colorslive.com
XP
Country
Spain
another question? does anyone have final fantasy explorers? if so, does your cfg file look like this?

CART_ID=C2FA0090
ENC_TYPE=00000000
ENC_SEED=FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FLASH_ID=C2221300
GAMESAVE_KEY=

I put in different private headers and none work, can it be because of the ENC_SEED code?

You must use a private header from chip Macronix, put unique ID in gamesave_key and too inyect the header in the rom, this Works for me.

Your ENC_SEED is bad, I think that the reason is because the header from the rom is FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF too.

Last edited by Ninoh-FOX,

Kirah

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Got my sky3ds+ a few days ago and it's been running great. I was just wondering if there is any way I could use CIA files with it. I have a new n3ds with 10.3 firmware so I could downgrade to 9.2 if necessary.

igbeserk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys,

I'm having issues with my Sky3DS+ i received it yesterday ordered it from 3dssky.com. I tried a 16gb and a 64gb micro sd one was patriot and one was sandisk. I tried the diskwriter as well as just copying and pasting the .3ds files. Tried to update the firmware added the .bin file to the sd then plugged in the sky3ds with the sd card. from what i recall it did flash red then flashed green. i let it sit for a bit before unplugging. I've tried reformatting both cards via 2 different methods and when i do plug the sky3ds into the N3ds i get a series of lights but no games will show up. I've tried 3 NDS's. 1 has 9.6 fw and the other 2 have 9.0 firmware. i'll try my regular 3ds later but so far i haven't been successful. any suggestions would be appreciated. thank you.

igbeserk

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Hey Guys,

I figured it out. It was my micro sd cards. I tried my 4gb toshiba sd. added the firmware file and it gave me red and then green. then added my .3ds files to it and placed it in the sky3ds and tried it on the 3ds and it worked.

VenomRec

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
can't get my 64 gb to work, I'm assuming it the exfat format. I can't find a tool that gets it to format to fat32.

xAnArChOx

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Anyone have a solution for restoring game saves from an older sky3ds to the plus? I had backed up all saves using "backup save2" with DiskWriter but not all seem to work. I just got my sky3ds+ which i updated and copied over the games and saves. The two saves I'm more concerned about are Link Between Worlds and Yokai Watch, My Bravely Default backup save worked fine.

WhenThen

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Because many of you still have trouble, here is a little guide how to format your (>64GB) microSD cards to FAT32 for the SKY3DS+.

1. Download and install EaseUS Partition Master Free
2. Delete all partitions on your Micro SD card so you only have "Unallocated space"
3. Create partition (Create as: Primary, File system: FAT32)
4. Format partition (Cluster size 64 KB)
5. Set Active
6. Hit Apply to format your card!

DONE! This card is now properly formatted for use with the SKY3DS+

Reactions: Skyhigh_

Pororo

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
im use sky3ds+, i install homebrew and use save data manager, but i cant find ff explorer save game, anyone know how to get the save game file from sky3ds+?

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    LeoTCK @ LeoTCK: yes for nearly a month i was officially a wanted fugitive, until yesterday when it ended