• Replies 182
  • Likes 2

bboyjestr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
another question? does anyone have final fantasy explorers? if so, does your cfg file look like this?

CART_ID=C2FA0090
ENC_TYPE=00000000
ENC_SEED=FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFF
FLASH_ID=C2221300
GAMESAVE_KEY=

I put in different private headers and none work, can it be because of the ENC_SEED code?

EcchiOli

Trophies
XP
Country
France
OK, my first participation in the GBAtemp forums, so, howdy everyone :)

I received my Sky3DS+ today, and after lots of tinkering, I have an issue I don't understand, and I haven't yet found people having the same problem.

Here's the deal: some games just won't be loaded by the Sky3DS+ on my French 3DSXL console. Most games are OK, but some games don't want to work, and when it's time to cycle to those games, the 3DS returns to the previously working game.

One of the games posing me problems, for instance: Sonic Generations (for instance the EUR version you'll find on NitroRoms, it's one of thet wo versions I have)
I also had the problem with Luigi's Mansion 2, until I re-downloaded it from NitroRoms, and then it worked... I can't say it's working in the case of Sonic Generations though, a dozen unsuccessful attempts showed me there must have been another issue.

I tried with 3 different SD cards (4, 8 and 8 GB, Sandisk, formatted to FAT32 with Windows 7's default settings, the cards were previously successfully tested as good on all of their surface with the H2testw utility), same deal every time.

I also noticed that, while recognized games have a .sav and .cfg file that are created and contain data, for my non-recognized games, the .sav and .cfg files are empty.

I tried with downloading the game from a different source (including community torrent sites with "the game works!" comments, although found to work by Gateway3DS users, not Sky3DS users), just in case, but to no change during the tests.
Just in case, I also downloaded it straight to tFhe SD card instead of a hard disk, and extracted it from there, no change.

I tried a dozen times without success, with two pairs of firmwares. The default original firmware of the Sky3DS+ (version 1.00), and the new version 1.10 downloaded from their website (I checked there was the addition of a settings.txt with "FIRMWARE_VERSION=110" to see the update had really worked.) And, 3DS side, with a 8.something firmware, and later on, when one of my sons randomly clicked one of the games I added to Sky3DS+ (for Pete's sake!!) with firmware 10.1.0-10E.

The latest firmware doesn't need a gamelist.bin anymore, but I still placed it just in case, heh, no change.

At this point, I'm pretty much baffled, I don't know what to do next. Try trimming the .3ds file, who knows ?

If you have suggestions, I would be most grateful :)

regnad

Button Masher
Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

I received my Sky3DS+ today, and after lots of tinkering, I have an issue I don't understand, and I haven't yet found people having the same problem.

Here's the deal: some games just won't be loaded by the Sky3DS+ on my French 3DSXL console. Most games are OK, but some games don't want to work, and when it's time to cycle to those games, the 3DS returns to the previously working game.

One of the games posing me problems, for instance: Sonic Generations (for instance the EUR version you'll find on NitroRoms, it's one of thet wo versions I have)
I also had the problem with Luigi's Mansion 2, until I re-downloaded it from NitroRoms, and then it worked... I can't say it's working in the case of Sonic Generations though, a dozen unsuccessful attempts showed me there must have been another issue.

I tried with 3 different SD cards (4, 8 and 8 GB, Sandisk, formatted to FAT32 with Windows 7's default settings, the cards were previously successfully tested as good on all of their surface with the H2testw utility), same deal every time.

I also noticed that, while recognized games have a .sav and .cfg file that are created and contain data, for my non-recognized games, the .sav and .cfg files are empty.

I tried with downloading the game from a different source (including community torrent sites with "the game works!" comments, although found to work by Gateway3DS users, not Sky3DS users), just in case, but to no change during the tests.
Just in case, I also downloaded it straight to tFhe SD card instead of a hard disk, and extracted it from there, no change.

I tried a dozen times without success, with two pairs of firmwares. The default original firmware of the Sky3DS+ (version 1.00), and the new version 1.10 downloaded from their website (I checked there was the addition of a settings.txt with "FIRMWARE_VERSION=110" to see the update had really worked.) And, 3DS side, with a 8.something firmware, and later on, when one of my sons randomly clicked one of the games I added to Sky3DS+ (for Pete's sake!!) with firmware 10.1.0-10E.

The latest firmware doesn't need a gamelist.bin anymore, but I still placed it just in case, heh, no change.

At this point, I'm pretty much baffled, I don't know what to do next. Try trimming the .3ds file, who knows ?

Sounds to me like you know what you're doing and you're being cautious, so my suggestions might seem too obvious.

1) Did you format your SD with Panasonic SD Formatter? Try that if you didn't.

2) Are you 100% sure your problematic ROMs are your region and have not been altered in any way (aside from trimming, which shouldn't make a difference one way or another). Many ROMs have been made region free, and you can't use those on SKY3DS. Gateway users don't have this limitation.

Stardotstar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mostly agree with Regnad, sounds like you're trying to load USA or Jap games. I've not had a problem with any games which are region free, in fact I didn't know there were any. Every ROM that I've ever had has been clearly labelled as either Eur / USA / or Jap.

Also in terms of trimming ROMS, some do not work if trimmed (Card type 1 eg Animal Crossing). Maybe worth a look?

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

class 4? - how many seconds to change games?
Does it really matter how many seconds??

How many seconds to take out a retail cartridge and insert another? Answer - more than the Sky3DS!

How often are you actually changing games anyway?

Last edited by Stardotstar,

arielp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
So after doing a trim to mh4u, I create my character and all, start up the game and when it is about to start, it crashes. Anyone know what is going on with that?

i also happen to experince the same.. after character creation, it crash then n3ds restart (after ok button)
also trim the rom, as fat32 cannot handle the filesize ..

EDIT: found out the culprit.. don't update the MH4 from eshop.. , what i did, delete the update file from sd, delete the extra data from n3ds sd, delete .sav from sky3ds+ sd, then retry.. now its OK.. no more crash.. i don't play online. so no issue for me..

but i believe you cannot go online without the update.

Last edited by arielp,

spkuja

Trophies
Website
www.glaciergaming.co.uk
XP
Country

I was having this same issue. I fixed it by reformatting my SD card and changing the region size of the SD card to 64. I also added one game at a time, put it into the console to let it generate the CFG and SAV files before loading the next one on it. Seems to be working with no problems now.

Hope this helps!

kjtemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I've had my sky3ds+ for about two weeks now. Gotten pretty much everything up to speed and thought I'd share what I have learned since this card is so new.

I extracted a private header from a retail cart using the great guide here https://gbatemp.net/threads/tutorial-get-your-private-header-using-powersaves.385511/ and successfully using it online. I used the first method and a little tip when you open HxD to search for the private header by 00 00 00 08. I could not find any bits of 00 00 00 08 so after a bit of googling I found there can be some variance as my private header was by 00 0E 00 08 then followed by private header of 16 bytes then followed by the 48 FF bytes. Not sure why it would be different but probably depends on who makes the cart. I extracted my private header from Zelda link between worlds so if you are trying to extract it's private header you might want to look for 00 0E 00 08.

If you are having trouble getting the card to generate cfg data automatically I found that playing the game and then saving seems to generate it as long as you save then press the home button to exit the game then press the orange button on the card in any direction to switch games. You will probably notice a slight delay as this is the card writing the save changes and will then generate data in the rom's cfg.

Now pop the sd card in your computer and you'll notice the cfg file size will go from 0kb to 1kb. Now you can add your private header to the GAMESAVE_KEY= in the rom's cfg. You will then need to delete the sav file and start the game over so the card can make a new sav file with the private header in place as your previous sav file will not have the private header as it was created with nothing in the cfg file. I have successfully used this method with smash bros. and mario kart 7 as my card did not generate the proper cfg properly for those rom's.

Now a question, I am having trouble getting any of the pokemon games to work with the sky3ds+. I have tried x and y and omega ruby from multiple sources. They just won't show up when scrolling through games using the orange button. Do any pokemon games work with the sky3ds+? Yes I have the latest firmware v110.

darkshade505

Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
Hello everyone! i just got myself a brand new sky3ds+ but for some reason it wont work, the specific problem is that it wont update the firmware no matter what lol. so i get the card, i plug in the micro sd card to the usb adaptor and download the latest firmware from sky3ds.com (firmware V110) and i also formatted the micro sd card (with sd formatter 4.0) so i could be sure it worked. so i transfer over the firmware.bin file and then i put the micro sd card into the sky3ds+ i then hook it up to the computer and it installs wario mass driver and the light on the card flashes green for one second, and then turns off. I have no idea what to do now as it should have updated the firmware and made a settings.bin file but it didnt do anyting, no 5 second red light or green, just one second of green. i tried putting it in the 3ds and all that happened is that the sky3ds+ just fllashed all three colors and then went silent, the ds keeps telling me to insert game disk even though i have my .3ds file on the micro sd. so i donno maybe i ended up getting a bum chip? can the comunity please help me out? i tryed following the guide/revew that was posted here btw Very sorry for lack of editing or spelling mistakes, im down the with the flu and have a fever, i just feel rotten thanks in advance for any help you guys can give, some more info : i only used usa region 3ds file and i did try reconnecting the sky3ds+ to the pc multiple times before reaching the conclucion that it wont update firmware. but even if it wont update, i went and downloaded a settings file and edited the version to 100 and the next line i changed from 1 to 0 and i got the gamelist.bin and the sky3ds+ still refuses to work.

arielp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
Encounter issue with
Rodea The Sky Soldier... , N3DS would display "an error had occured' then need to restart

anyone having same problem?

Last edited by arielp,

kjtemp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So I formatted my sd card using sd formatter and still can't load pokemon x or y or omega ruby. Can anyone confirm they work with the sky3ds+

LoneGunman

Trophies
XP
Country
So I formatted my sd card using sd formatter and still can't load pokemon x or y or omega ruby. Can anyone confirm they work with the sky3ds+

Check the rom filename. I've had issues with filenames that contain the & symbol. I suggest removing any special characters such as %*( etc.

bboyjestr

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i also happen to experince the same.. after character creation, it crash then n3ds restart (after ok button)
also trim the rom, as fat32 cannot handle the filesize ..

EDIT: found out the culprit.. don't update the MH4 from eshop.. , what i did, delete the update file from sd, delete the extra data from n3ds sd, delete .sav from sky3ds+ sd, then retry.. now its OK.. no more crash.. i don't play online. so no issue for me..

but i believe you cannot go online without the update.

So what if i want to play online, is there a way to get mh4u on to the cart and be able to play online?

arielp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
All,

i notice a problem with Sky3DS

so i have a 32GB microsd, filled with games, now on that card there are already 30 games, all playable with no problem, then i need to add another games, always not detected by sky3ds,

let say adding new ZZZ.3ds, it will not appear after my YYY.3ds that already in the card.. indicatior not showing red led. and game cycling always on the last game. (this case YYY.3ds)

then i pop the card to reader, read it in PC, showing that the ZZZ.3ds is not generating proper cfg and sav. (0 or 1 byte),
(this happen in my sandisk and toshiba and another brandless card; sdformatter / pc format , 32/64k cluster, seems not related to microsd)

what i do to make it work, copy the new ZZZ.3ds to my spare blank 2GB microsd, and put it in the SKY3DS plus. game detected fine, cfg and sav file created. then i copy the cfg and sav to the 32 card.. now Sky3DS is detecting the game fine..

is this bug/limitation? if too many games in on SDcard then sky3ds will fail to process another game

PS: please also share how many games you have on your sky3dsplus card.

arielp

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
All,

i notice a problem with Sky3DS

so i have a 32GB microsd, filled with games, now on that card there are already 30 games, all playable with no problem, then i need to add another games, always not detected by sky3ds,

let say adding new ZZZ.3ds, it will not appear after my YYY.3ds that already in the card.. indicatior not showing red led. and game cycling always on the last game. (this case YYY.3ds)

then i pop the card to reader, read it in PC, showing that the ZZZ.3ds is not generating proper cfg and sav. (0 or 1 byte),
(this happen in my sandisk and toshiba and another brandless card; sdformatter / pc format , 32/64k cluster, seems not related to microsd)

what i do to make it work, copy the new ZZZ.3ds to my spare blank 2GB microsd, and put it in the SKY3DS plus. game detected fine, cfg and sav file created. then i copy the cfg and sav to the 32 card.. now Sky3DS is detecting the game fine..

is this bug/limitation? if too many games in on SDcard then sky3ds will fail to process another game

PS: please also share how many games you have on your sky3dsplus card.

UPDATE: sometimes also happen on the 2GB,
but i all i have to do
1. put another small games (with already have cfg and sav) in the 2GB
2. then cycle the game in reverse direction.. if the new game not detected in the forward direction, it will find it in the reverse direction.
3. then i copy the sav and cfg to the 32GB
(never done this on the 32GB before, due too many games to cycle through....)
probably this is the bug?

ggl3dde

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
diskwriter is only for the old sky3ds. settings.txt should create itself after the first rom is read the first time

I'm such a freaking idiot. I'm trying everything to get this card to work - dl'ing non beta versions of diskwriter, using 1.6 which I could only find in Chinese, formatting/reformatting 1000x times......

I wish someone would have told me:
1) Format SD card normally
2) DRAG AND DROP ALL YOUR FILES WITHOUT USING DISKWRITER
3) Insert SD card into Sky3ds, play on 3ds
THE END.

Seriously, I couldn't figure out where the settings.txt was, why it kept getting created but was empty, then the entire card was full with the diskwriter, why it kept glowing different colors sometimes and just flash green once...........

::

So a quick, very stupid question: I wasn't paying attention at one point and I had Windows format my SD card through the Sky3DS usb connection (instead of having the sd card directly in / sd card adapter). Would that cause any problems, like down the road?

I guess, I'm not sure how much access to the rest of the Sky3DS 'internals' Windows has through the USB connection.

And other than firmware updating, is there any purpose to use this sky3ds usb dongle?

Last edited by ggl3dde,

GreatCrippler

Greatness Fallen
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just want to make sure I have this right for my header. CFG file. Top line already says C2XXXXXX. Gamesave_key=C2XXXXXXXXXXXXXX the latter being the header i put in with the Gateway tool. Am I good?

Edit: I am guessing I am missing something. The gateway program keeps telling me that it needs to suggest a better value. That said, with 2 different headers it keeps giving me the same ID.

Last edited by GreatCrippler,

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Black_Manta_8bit @ Black_Manta_8bit: hey