NintendyFan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Just got word that the contact tape I am waiting on is delayed a little.

We've also just got a load of 40,000+ pieces of software to work on, so I'll be pretty busy with that.

I may have to start contracting some help with the remainder of the carts.

sirhiro

Newcomer
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
So I was playing in the NVRAM menu and wrote and deleted some random bytes of data.. Now when my DS reboots the green light is on but the screens do not turn on nor does any sound occur. Yes it was my idiot mistake; is there any way to undo this? I figured I was writing and reading random data to the ROM not to my actual DS; didn't realize it had that much control. Would love to restore functionality..

ferofax

End of the World
Trophies
Website
nonwhatso.blogspot.com
XP
Country
sirhiro said:
So I was playing in the NVRAM menu and wrote and deleted some random bytes of data.. Now when my DS reboots the green light is on but the screens do not turn on nor does any sound occur. Yes it was my idiot mistake; is there any way to undo this? I figured I was writing and reading random data to the ROM not to my actual DS; didn't realize it had that much control. Would love to restore functionality..
XD
...i know, it's not funny, sorry, but i can't help it... X))

....haaaaaaa. i think i'm good. you might have actually bricked your DS. got a slot2 flashcart? better start reading up on how to flash it back.

dicamarques

Definitely not Bruce Wayne.
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
Portugal
sirhiro said:
try turning on the ds without any game card

@nintendyfan
Any updates?

loco365

Trophies
XP
sirhiro said:
Me thinks you bricked it. I should install FlashMe on mine.

And yeah. Any updates?

NintendyFan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, no real news to post as of yet. I've been pretty busy with a load of other projects and work. I've been debating just selling off the whole box of debug carts I've got sitting here and letting someone else try their hand at getting anything to work out of it.

Anyone think they have the know-how on trying to recover PCB board chips? Or know of anyone who could help out?

loco365

Trophies
XP
NintendyFan said:
Hey guys, no real news to post as of yet. I've been pretty busy with a load of other projects and work. I've been debating just selling off the whole box of debug carts I've got sitting here and letting someone else try their hand at getting anything to work out of it.

Anyone think they have the know-how on trying to recover PCB board chips? Or know of anyone who could help out?
Hm. idk. I'd love to help, but I have a lack of funds. If I had a way to work with the board, I'd love to dump them. I wouldn't mind buying an operational card off you, but as I said- lack of funds shoots me in the foot. I'd love to own a piece of rare Nintendo hardware, but I'd have to wait until another day.

Uggh fml

NintendyFan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Team Fail said:
NintendyFan said:

Hm. idk. I'd love to help, but I have a lack of funds. If I had a way to work with the board, I'd love to dump them. I wouldn't mind buying an operational card off you, but as I said- lack of funds shoots me in the foot. I'd love to own a piece of rare Nintendo hardware, but I'd have to wait until another day.

Uggh fml

Do you know how to work with boards?

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
dicamarques said:
chaosdarkneo said:
EDIT3: Dang, doesn't work on Original R4 running Wood firmware. "Loading" text when booting the ROM turns purple then boots to a white screen.

Oh well, I'll try this on my friend's DSTWO when I meet him.

try disabling the soft reset.

Disabling the Soft Reset does nothing. Same problem.

chaosdarkneo

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Well, good luck to you NintendyFan and thanks for all the work you've done =/ I'm cash-strapped too, without a job on this end... or I'd buy that cart...

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Would you be willing to sell off a defective cart? Just for a collector.
biggrin.gif

NintendyFan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Devin said:
biggrin.gif

I've been thinking about auctioning off the entire lot of defectives to see what happens.

I'm not even sure what someone would be willing to pay for 1 defective cart.

Devin

"Local Hardware Wizard"
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
NintendyFan said:
Devin said:
biggrin.gif

I've been thinking about auctioning off the entire lot of defectives to see what happens.

I'm not even sure what someone would be willing to pay for 1 defective cart.

I'll send you a PM.

NintendyFan

OP
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Hey guys, it's been a while. I've had a lot going on and just don't have the time or resources to do anything with the carts I have left.

So, I'm throwing in the towel on this one and calling it closed.

For all those interested in getting their hands on any of these goods, you can check on the (WTS) section in the Trading forum for my posts. I'll be getting rid of the defects ( 2 of which are interesting.. ) and some NDS demos.

Thanks, it was cool. :D

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Veho @ Veho: Thank you based Dinoh.