Hacking Official Kernel Exploit released for up to 4.05 by Fail0verflow

Advokaten

Trophies
XP
Country
Sweden
For end-user, nope. But if you got some RE background, combining the 4.0x webkit exploit and the kexploit you would be able to do things that used to be exclusively for 1.76.

A "nope", that I understand! The rest of your post, I have no idea. My skill level basically is: Downloading stuff to an SD card, shoving it into a Wii, you've successfully hacked a console.

urherenow

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Releasing a Kexploit doesn't instantly mean everyone can use it right off the bat. Why is this an issue for some people? The title really is fine, the exploit was released..
NO, it really wasn't. Someone wrote about it. Where is the release? Where is the entire code base or file to download? There is none. This isn't a release.

ukshaun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
What are the chances of buying the PS4 pro standard edition (no games included) brand new being on a low firmware i.e 4.05 or lower? Im from the uk and Argos have them in stock. Thanks

DSpider

Trophies
XP
Country
Romania
Do all PS4 Pros come on under 4.06?

The Destiny 2 bundle comes with 4.70, while the regulars are 4.07+. Only the ones at launch came with 3.70 (for whatever reason). Think of it this way, the "Pro" came out in November 2016, and OFW 4.06 also came out in November 2016. After ~12 months on the shelves, all launch units are long gone.

ukshaun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
The Destiny 2 bundle comes with 4.70, while the regulars are 4.07+. Only the ones at launch came with 3.70 (for whatever reason). Think of it this way, the "Pro" came out in November 2016, and OFW 4.06 also came out in November 2016. After ~12 months on the shelves, all launch units are long gone.

Thanks for the info. What would I have to lookout for on the box to know if its on 4.05 or less firmware? Pro and reg consoles.

D

Deleted-379826

Ah darn that sucks, not at all interested for Destiny 2 on console but not even base model is that low. RIP

Zero72463

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I hear SpecterDev is messing around with this. Check his twitter. It's cool, my PS4 is still on 3.55. Not sure if it was worth the wait for me...

cearp

瓜老外
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Tuvalu
i have a 2nd pro, unopened, waiting for almost a year on 3.70, it might be time for it to be awakened soon
Ehh that's a bit scary, are spam bots getting more advanced? Copying posts to raise their post count, to seem legit?

i have a 2nd pro, unopened, waiting for almost a year on 3.70, it might be time for it to be awakened soon :D

Dinzy

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Fuck Square. The last game I played on my PS4 was FFXV so I updated to 4.06 before updating that stupid game. Hopefully there will be something for later FWs as I haven't had much of a reason to touch the console. I do want to play Horizon eventually.

Redirr

X11 Extreme.
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
I can't believe this.
bought a PS4 PRO 3 weeks ago to have a LOW FW. It's 4.07 out of box

I was using my up to date PS4 FAT and waiting for news about hacking.

didn't want to play with my PS4 PRo becouse everything i gaming on need last FW. and becouse i have no 4k TV to make me try my PS4 PRO.

i'm so sad,!

ukshaun

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
I'm on 4.06 firmware and read this on the blog post:

The namedobj exploit was present and exploitable (albeit using a slightly different method than described here) until it was fixed in firmware version 4.06. This vulnerability was also found and exploited by (at least) Chaitin Tech, so props to them! Taking a quick look at the 4.07 kernel, we can see a straightforward fix (4.06 is assumed to be identical - only had 4.07 on hand while writing this post):

Whats this straightforward fix they are talking about? Will the exploit come to 4.06 in the future? Thanks

_______

Trophies
XP
Country
Japan

The namedobj exploit was present and exploitable (albeit using a slightly different method than described here) until it was fixed in firmware version 4.06. This vulnerability was also found and exploited by (at least) Chaitin Tech, so props to them! Taking a quick look at the 4.07 kernel, we can see a straightforward fix (4.06 is assumed to be identical - only had 4.07 on hand while writing this post):

Whats this straightforward fix they are talking about? Will the exploit come to 4.06 in the future? Thanks

Nope, the method was fixed with an extra line of code to check if the type id is 0x4000, which was the value the exploit depended upon. In short, if you are not equal or lower than 4.05, you have to wait for another time.

D

Deleted-355425

There is a good one for 4.50 - 4.55 that hasnt been released yet.

Reactions: peteruk

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I'm doing alright, thanks.
    +1
  • Maximumbeans @ Maximumbeans:
    That must be rough. Productive I'm sure but hard to balance with daily life
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Indeed. I've been working on getting this Infecutus chip to work on my PS2. But after soldering, I realised that a plastic piece was missing from the power ribbon cable to the power and eject buttons.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Now I could go with soldering the contacts from the cable to the connector on the mobo, but doesn't sound like a good permanent solution.
    Man, that's beyond my brain :rofl: I'm no good with hardware for now. I'd like to get into hardmods in future though
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Maybe start practice soldering. Get a cheap-ass soldering iron and follow some good YouTube tutorials.
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Least my experience has gotten better than over a decade ago. My iron would constantly bump into components and break them.
    Sounds good. I actually did soldering but like 16 years ago for school so uuuuh probably rusty haha
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, Same here. I did soldering at school from a teacher who I honestly liked since he had plenty of good electronics experience.
    +1
    I wish I could play chess well
    +1
    Useless but a true art
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Maximumbeans, I had a friend who had a glass chess set for their birthday.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    It was like all clear and fancy. Tbf I'm not too experienced with chess, but would like to learn someday.
    That sounds really cool
    I know the basics but no strategy at all :rofl:
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Watch chess streamers on Twitch and you'll pick up a thing or two.
    +1
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Not to mention there's an infinite number of chess games for every possible platform.
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    just play it, get beaten a few times and start dominating
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude chess is best
    +1
  • DinohScene @ DinohScene:
    strip checkers > nude chess
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Nude checkers get jumped
    +1
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @Veho, I guess you'd pick up something while watching tub streams.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    @K3Nv2, Dick fights. :tpi:
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Turkish olive oil wrestling.
    Veho @ Veho: Turkish olive oil wrestling.