XP
Country

AxelFireBrand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi i just got r4 dual core and no matter what i do i cant get it to work i put the firmware in put it in a ds/dsi and it still says cant open _dsmenu so i was wondering if maybe someone could upload their already updated firmware via rar file and email it to me it would be a great help to me as i want to play my ds games on my other flash card thank you very much

IronClouds

GBAtemp's Pokébro
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
AxelFireBrand I recommend you edit your post and remove your e-mail address unless you wanna get spammed. This is a public forum after all. Now, if you created this e-mail address for this purpose alone, and your real e-mail address is something different, then disregard this.

In any case, common sense tells us e-mail addresses are private, and should be kept that way.

Pong20302000

making notes on everything
Trophies
Website
3dsdb.com
XP
Country
hi i just got r4 dual core and no matter what i do i cant get it to work i put the firmware in put it in a ds/dsi and it still says cant open _dsmenu so i was wondering if maybe someone could upload their already updated firmware via rar file and email it to me my email [email protected] it would be a great help to me as i want to play my ds games on my other flash card thank you very much

doesnt work like that
the firmware is a internal part of the card you cant access, running the nds firmware file just updates it

you need to place the Kernel on the microSD card, as that is the menu and game compatibility files
firmware is the internal card software which allows it to run on consoles and gets updates when new console firmware comes out

AxelFireBrand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
im talking about the _rpg folder and the ds_menu.dat i think it might work if you update it and make a copy of the rpg folder and the ds_menu.dat whats the harm in tryint it might brick my r4 but im the one taking the risk i just want the r4 to work in my v6.3.0-12U 3ds

AxelFireBrand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
has anyone else have this problem where the game shows up onthe ds it shows deep labryinth by atlus and i have seen ppl with the exact same flashcard but theirs reads spongebob's atlantis squarepants i dont get it

AxelFireBrand

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Canada
hi i have a r4 dual core 2013 and i go to turn it on it gets to loading and then it says cant open _ds_menu.dat and i have tried everything and i cant get it to work i need help i heard about using an older version of the wood kernel

ramar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Hi, sorry for bumping but I just got my 3DS back from repair and since it came with the 6.3 firmware, I had to replace my r4isdhc "new" with a "2013" cart.

I upgraded it to the new firmware and loaded the new 1.62 kernel.
I used my old DS and kept the same SD card.

Since I overwrote the usrcheat.dat file, I had to download a new one for Pokemon black 2 since I use the 2xmovement cheat but now every time I try to run the game with the cheats on it just freezes after pressing start.

I tried a patched and clean file and it does the same. I don't think it's the usrcheat,dat file that's failing since I opened it fine on the pc.

It was running great before on the old "New" cart with 4.5 firmware and 1.52 kernel.

If someone has a clue as to what might be failing please let me know.

D

Deleted User

OP
Hi, sorry for bumping but I just got my 3DS back from repair and since it came with the 6.3 firmware, I had to replace my r4isdhc "new" with a "2013" cart.

I upgraded it to the new firmware and loaded the new 1.62 kernel.
I used my old DS and kept the same SD card.

Since I overwrote the usrcheat.dat file, I had to download a new one for Pokemon black 2 since I use the 2xmovement cheat but now every time I try to run the game with the cheats on it just freezes after pressing start.

I tried a patched and clean file and it does the same. I don't think it's the usrcheat,dat file that's failing since I opened it fine on the pc.

It was running great before on the old "New" cart with 4.5 firmware and 1.52 kernel.

If someone has a clue as to what might be failing please let me know.
You might try the newest firmware (1.70) here: http://gbatemp.net/threads/r4-dual-core-2013-new-kernel-1-70.357605.
Did you download the newest usrcheat.dat from the Codemasters Project? If not, here it is: http://www.codemasters-project.net/...Update-Usrcheat-01-11-2013&highlight=usrcheat.

ramar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico

ramar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
D

Deleted User

OP
It doen't work, I erased the old files and copied the new ones and now it doesn't get past the "Loading" screen, it's just a blank screen

I have put the usrcheat.dat file on my SD, and the Pokémon ROM. The game booted with the 2x movement cheat on, but it didn't get past the title screen. When I turned cheats off, it did. I think it's just the card or the kernel that doesn't support the cheats. You could try another kernel (1.51, 1.52, 1.60), a patched Pokémon Black 2 ROM or another usrcheat.dat file.

Reactions: ramar

ramar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
I posted in your other thread that the 1.7 update wasn't booting for me, but I changed the SD card and now it works.

Cheats still don't work, and I've found complaints about the same subject from several other tempers from México, don't know what's wrong...

ramar

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Mexico
Thanks Tranfeer and Xinos, you 2 seem to know a lot about those cards. Do you happen to know if it's possible to flash the firmware from the "2013" card into the "NEW" labeled card?

D

Deleted User

OP
Thanks Tranfeer and Xinos, you 2 seem to know a lot about those cards. Do you happen to know if it's possible to flash the firmware from the "2013" card into the "NEW" labeled card?
The NEW card has a comparable hardware structure with the 2013 version, but I don't know if it works. Besides, if it doesn't work, the NEW card will be bricked and there is no method to fix it.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Did you pee in the water