OP
Trophies
Website
gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
qQGIMPE.png

Atlus and Vanillaware have announced a HD version for PS2 cult faourite Odin Sphere. They described it as something more than your average “HD remaster,” with added features to enhance the 2D action characteristics, making it a more in-depth and enjoyable title than before.

Source

Sweet. I always to play it but the PS2 version of the game has always been too high to justify.

Reactions: Sakitoshi

BORTZ

DO NOT SCREENSHOT
Supervisor
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
you can get this as a ps2 classic on PS3 right now though, and it still looks awesome ._.
Yeah, but I think the HD remake is going to be more than just a new skin for the current consoles. Theres going to be new content as well was being able to play the old version as well. I think.

Reactions: Bladexdsl

Bladexdsl

fanboys triggered 9k+
Trophies
XP
Country
Australia
THERE IS

Odin Sphere originally came out for the PS2 in 2007. It's newly announced HD counterpart is dubbed Odin Sphere Leifdrasir, and will not only feature high-definition visuals, but also new enemies, bosses, battle actions, animations, and maps.

Enhancements have also been made to the combat system, and new features have been added to make the overall gameplay smoother and faster. Odin Sphere's original 2D scrolling gameplay is still in the HD version via "Classic Mode."

source

Last edited by Bladexdsl,

Sakitoshi

GBAtemp Official Lolimaster
Trophies
Website
sakiheru.blogspot.com
XP
Country
Chile
I bought this game like 2 years ago as a PS2 Classic on PSN. but never touched it because of time.
Now that a HD release is gonna come and is going to look more gorgeous than ever I'll be sure to play it.
I really like the art Vanillaware give to their games. I came buckets with Muramasa on Vita.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Just a note, there's only a JP release announcement ATM, no US or EU.

Which isn't much of a problem, because Region free and all, but it's an RPG so have fun with text :P

I hope this does get an English release, though, I never got around to playing this game but it looks interesting enough.

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
Don't be a pessimist Tom, Vanillaware games almost always leave Japan, the only two exceptions are Kumatanchi and Grand Knights History (this one has a fan translation).
And seeing Atlus localization track record as of lately I'm very positive that they wont let me down.
I never said it wasn't ever going to release, they just haven't announced it for other regions :P At best the US will get a localization after a couple months, sure, but Atlus is notorious for making EU regions wait a good year or more for their own localization.

But again, that doesn't matter much cuz yay region free lol.

Reactions: Sakitoshi

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: yawn