OCDM - Mario Maker 3DS course manager

OCDM stands for Online Course Database Manager

Features*:
  • import and export courses, both** 3DS and WiiU
  • cryptofix saves (if the game marked your save as "corrupted")
    • Note: this will overwrite the LockoutID in your courses, not in the save file, so please be fair and don't reupload others' courses :)
  • make/apply save snapshots (exports all files which are used in the save)
    • Note: please format your save data before restoring your save otherwise the game could mark your save as "corrupted", and this one is not cryptofixable
  • browse SMMDB
    • download courses
    • discontinued

*: these features are in the latest build at the time of editing this post, so functionality in the public build could differ
**: due to differences in the 3DS and the WiiU version, importing a converted course file on a foreign platform could crash the game on loading the course

bf9dd7f81f.jpg

dfa53dcd86.jpg

82f4e899ed.jpg

2d84f7a0f6.jpg

9f7d574fee.png

fd529e16c1.png

3e10674a00.png

fd5ea7441e.png

d593f2b5ff.png

f4b4b4fcf4.jpg

[Download] (not supported anymore)​

Last edited by Sono,

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
from all I know, the first four bytes in every file are a hybrid mix of adding all the bytes together while some bytes are influencing some random shifts depending on some flags in the spagetti C++ game object. reverse engineering C++ is a big pain

Well, that's great... The fourth byte in the file is always 00 no matter how many courses you build

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

But dont we only get 120 courses? Why would there be 220 for placeholders?

I don't know, but the files other than the ones with courses you created are not able to be copied through FBI Romfs error

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary
Well, that's great... The fourth byte in the file is always 00 no matter how many courses you build

nope :P it's actually 4 bytes, just the shift value seems to be influenced by the amount of levels you have an other garbage stuff regarding to some C++ game object variables and the course220 file

But dont we only get 120 courses? Why would there be 220 for placeholders?

120 user-made + 100 coursebot + one weird dummy course file used weirdly in the code

also, there are 221 files, not 220... because the first file is course000 (stuff is zero-indexed), and the last file is 220, so ye...

Reactions: Pakhitew-Island

Pakhitew-Island

Trophies
XP
Country
Jamaica
120 user-made + 100 coursebot + one weird dummy course file used weirdly in the code

So the 100 pre built courses in the course bot do count then? Because I was wondering the whole thread if the first slot for our own courses was 001 or 101.

Also never tried to edit one of the course bot courses before, for extra space. Not that I need it, since I just made a second save for extra courses

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
So the 100 pre built courses in the course bot do count then? Because I was wondering the whole thread if the first slot for our own courses was 001 or 101.

Also never tried to edit one of the course bot courses before, for extra space. Not that I need it, since I just made a second save for extra courses

our courses start at 001

Sono

cripple piss
OP
Developer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hungary

000-119 is for our levels, 120-219 is the downloadable courses, and 220 is the weird one

LogicIsHansom

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
@MarcusD it looks like now all we need is to figure out those 3 bytes at the beginning of course220 and the 4 bytes at 020, 04 through 020, 07. Any ideas?
I backedup my courses just in case.I got a few errors copying them though,anyway try them out. https://www.mediafire.com/folder/b5b0va2a5q96n/my_mario_maker_courses

--------------------- MERGED ---------------------------

Yeah :D I think nintendo was just too lazy to actually organize it that way, even though in course220, they place it in a different spot

Also I still get the error :-(

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
All right, well, I'm seeing that you're looking for levels to try tampering out with SMM's extdata. Kinda weird thing to say, but it's great timing...
This is my "ex-extdata" as you would call it. It has a bunch of courses (kinda like 16... I don't remember) that got lost in darkness due to yours truly trying to install SLM and reinstalling the game without backuping the save data before installing... as such, these levels were awfully sentenced to be backuped with jksm before deleting the extdata... it was hard to overcome, but hopefully I got it over with... yet, if the levels can be saved by reinserting them, that would be great. I shall offer them in the name of SMM extdata manipulation science (tried reinserting a couple through fbi without success...)

Edit: will be taking down the link in 48 hours

Last edited by Mr.Faq2015,
Reactions: LogicIsHansom

Mr.Faq2015

/ˈmɪstə ˈfæk/
Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
@Mr.Faq2015 Your courses are interesting. course220 has bytes beyond offset 100, every other I have looked at does not. Were these created before or after the latest update?
They were created before the latest update. SMM has always been in v1.02 since I first installed it, so that's the version they were created with. However I think it's reasonable for them to be different as they were extracted with JKSM instead of FBI

Zhongtiao1

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
They were created before the latest update. SMM has always been in v1.02 since I first installed it, so that's the version they were created with. However I think it's reasonable for them to be different as they were extracted with JKSM instead of FBI

I think the latest update may have changed things so it doesn't go beyond like yours does. Other people have used JKSM before and it hasn't been any different than the FBI method.

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2

sallos9812

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
It's not worth it at the moment as it does not fully work. It will only let you dump your courses (and even then FBI works better)

Sent from my Q5 using Tapatalk 2

It was because I wanted to play and exchange course with friends. My friend does not handle the FBI very well.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: Pump the chocolate into my veins