Gaming Ocarina Of Time 3D - Bug Gerudo Fortress

Darkrai

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
A few minutes ago, I was playing OoT3D. After killing the boss of the Shadow Temple, I decided to collect some pieces of heart. After completing two heart containers, I went to Gerudo Fortress to continue the story. Following my way, I ascend to the highest roof in the right corner (where you have to climb a plant), and upon arriving at the tip, a Gerudo guard sees me down there and Link extends his hands.

How is it down there, and can not reach me, the game is stopped and the menu just hangs forever (Including the Start button). As I did not save and had to close the game, I returned at the beginning of Shadow temple. :hateit:

Anyone ever had the same problem?

TripleSMoon

GBAtemp's Umbran Witch in [T]raining
Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
I've never had this issue, on any version of the game, including 3DS.

So just to clarify, your problem is that a gerudo guard somehow sees you when you're at the top of the building, and the game freezes because the guard can't get to you and throw you in prison. Am I right?

If that's the case, then it has nothing to do with your cart being faulty. It was probably just a freak glitch. I would play again and not worry about it.

That said, some friendly advice: It never hurts to save. I save just about every time I do something important (get a key, an item, a heart container, etc). :)

Jiehfeng

The One
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Sri Lanka
I've never had this issue, on any version of the game, including 3DS.

So just to clarify, your problem is that a gerudo guard somehow sees you when you're at the top of the building, and the game freezes because the guard can't get to you and throw you in prison. Am I right?

If that's the case, then it has nothing to do with your cart being faulty. It was probably just a freak glitch. I would play again and not worry about it.

That said, some friendly advice: It never hurts to save. I save just about every time I do something important (get a key, an item, a heart container, etc). :)

Lemme try tht glitch!!! ^_^
There are so many other awesome glitches. One, I did using a video. Can't seem to find it though... It was about killing those jumping enemies. How to make them invisible or somethin

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
Lemme try tht glitch!!! ^_^
There are so many other awesome glitches. One, I did using a video. Can't seem to find it though... It was about killing those jumping enemies. How to make them invisible or somethin
You should check out the "Adult Link Jabu-Jabu's Belly" glitch. That wasn't discovered until pretty recently. I know it works in OoT 3D, but idr if it works in the N64 version.

Reactions: Vampire Lied

Vampire Lied

Resident sociopath
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
If anyone want to know how and doesn't want to bother with watching a video, (like me) here ya go:

As an adult, Link must approach the ice slope that replaces Jabu-Jabu and walk along its left edge. The Hover Boots can guarantee this. If done correctly, Link will walk into jabu-jabu's belly.
That's it, I gotta try it now!

Reactions: Jiehfeng

TripleSMoon

Trophies
Website
twitter.com
XP
Country
United States
If anyone want to know how and doesn't want to bother with watching a video, (like me) here ya go:

As an adult, Link must approach the ice slope that replaces Jabu-Jabu and walk along its left edge. The Hover Boots can guarantee this. If done correctly, Link will walk into jabu-jabu's belly.
That's it, I gotta try it now!
You can do it without the hover boots too: That's how I do it all the time. it just takes a few tries.

You can also "complete" the dungeon, too. All you need to know is, in that room where you normally have to shoot the ceiling switch with the boomerang, just target, side jump off the edge, and fire at the right moment.

Fishaman P

Speedrunner
Trophies
Website
twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
Hmmm...
Even if they could see you (which would be ridiculous), in the N64 version, the fadeout happens regardless if the guard gets to you.
Maybe the 3DS is just dumb.

Maybe you should just get to the Spirit Temple as a child to learn the Requiem of Spirit.

EDIT: I forgot, I haven't told you guys yet!
N64 WORLD RECORD BABY!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: @BakerMan, I have a piano keyboard but I never use it