Status
Not open for further replies.

Oblivion Mods on Kmeaw 3.55

Note:
Textures will not load but meshes will.
Only .ESP mod files are compatible
Your Oblivion may be backed up to a different directory than the one used in this tutorial (/dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLUS-30087/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/)

This Method should work with any of the Oblivion versions listed below but this tutorial was written for the USA Game of the Year.

BLUS-30007 USA
BLUS-30087 USA Game of the Year

BLES-00048 EUR
BLES-00163 EUR Game of the year

This guide assumes you already have Oblivion backed up to your internal hard drive and know how to FTP files to your PS3. I only tested this method on Kmeaw 3.55 using multiman's FTP server but it may work on other firmwares. Before you start make sure you have deleted your Oblivion game data.

1. Download and install "TESIV Oblivion - Darkan.pkg". Just use Google to find it. I don't know if I can link to it or not.

2. Start your FTP server and create this file structure:

/dev_hdd0/Oblivion/USRDIR/

3. Move everything except EBOOT.BIN from your Oblivion backup (/dev_hdd0/GAMES/BLUS-30087/PS3_GAME/USRDIR/) to the /dev_hdd0/Oblivion/USRDIR/ folder you just created.

4. Start Oblivion from the newly created icon on the XMB (this will create new Oblivion game data).

5. Exit Oblivion and start the FTP server again. Create an INSTALLEDDLC directory under /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30007/USRDIR/.

6. Rename the .esp mod you want to use to all caps (Make sure to include the extension).

7. Copy any .ESP mod file with its corresponding .BSA (if it has one) to the /dev_hdd0/game/BLUS30007/USRDIR/INSTALLEDDLC/ directory. The ESP and BSA files must have the same name (MOD.ESP MOD.BSA). Keep in mind there are a great deal of mods which do not work.

8. Simply start Oblivion from the XMB and the mods will load.

Xuphor

I have lied to all of you. I am deeply sorry.
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I'm utterly confused. That "TESIV Oblivion - Darkan.pkg" is only for the PAL version, but the game you used created a USA directory. Is there some sort of typo in your guide?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just relized you used a EUR patch for the USA game, which surprisingly worked apparently.

EDIT 2: Seriously, you need to warn people of what you're doing. You used the USA Oblivion GOTY Edition iso on a EUR Oblivion NON-GOTY patch. Strange it works, but at least let them know exactly what you started with, instead of letting it to us to figure out based on BLUS numbers.

Magmorph

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
I'm utterly confused. That "TESIV Oblivion - Darkan.pkg" is only for the PAL version, but the game you used created a USA directory. Is there some sort of typo in your guide?

EDIT: Nevermind, I just relized you used a EUR patch for the USA game, which surprisingly worked apparently.

EDIT 2: Seriously, you need to warn people of what you're doing. You used the USA Oblivion GOTY Edition iso on a EUR Oblivion NON-GOTY patch. Strange it works, but at least let them know exactly what you started with, instead of letting it to us to figure out based on BLUS numbers.
I don't really know why it works either. It appears to work with both the EUR and USA versions of Oblivion and with both the original and the GOTY version. I can edit the tutorial to clear up the confusion.

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Just saying this method works on REBUG 3.55.2 as well. I seem to be having an unrelated analog stick problem though, but once I get that solved, thanks for the guide
smile.gif

EDIT: I just relized that the only thing TESIV Oblivion - Darkan.pkg is for is enabling it to play on 3.55, it's not related to mod enabling at all.
I'm going to try this method, but without using that pkg, and just launching oblivion normally, hopefully that'll both fix my problem and still keep DLC enabled. I'll let you know.

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Edited out, making my own guide..... I seemed to have found an alternate that works on all CFW's, no FTP nor pkg needed....

Magmorph

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Xuphor said:
Just saying this method works on REBUG 3.55.2 as well. I seem to be having an unrelated analog stick problem though, but once I get that solved, thanks for the guide
smile.gif

EDIT: I just relized that the only thing TESIV Oblivion - Darkan.pkg is for is enabling it to play on 3.55, it's not related to mod enabling at all.
I'm going to try this method, but without using that pkg, and just launching oblivion normally, hopefully that'll both fix my problem and still keep DLC enabled. I'll let you know.
It may be worth looking into the OBLIVION.INI file. There are some settings in it related to the analog stick.

Loading Oblivion normally on Kmeaw doesn't load mods at all. The Darkan.pkg is the only thing I found that works on Kmeaw.

Xuphor

Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Magmorph said:
Xuphor said:
smile.gif

It may be worth looking into the OBLIVION.INI file. There are some settings in it related to the analog stick.

Loading Oblivion normally on Kmeaw doesn't load mods at all. The Darkan.pkg is the only thing I found that works on Kmeaw.

See my post after the one you quoted. I found a way for any CFW, no pkg nor FTP is needed. Once I get the time to make the guide, I will.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty: Where's everybody?