Hacking o3ds GW downgraded...fix?

Classicgamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I dug out my o3ds that was downgraded using gateway to 4.2.0-9U way back when it was the only way to do so. lately I've been thinking it's time to a9lh by updating to latest version and following the holy guide. however, upon attempting to system update, recovery mode update, format system and system update it always errors out. the sd card was removed, formatted and re-installed and then system formatted to no avail.

I recall at some point something was said about GW doing a very sloppy downgrade and there was a cia checking homebrew for duplicates and such, etc, but I can't find it anymore. is anyone familiar with my situation and have any advice?

Last edited by Classicgamer,
Reactions: NoNAND

Altairseven

Trophies
XP
Country
Argentina
follow the guide to get to 2.1 and install a9lh, then.. restore the backup made during the 2.1 process, and when you are in 4.2 again,(some additional files sould be place in order to boot 4.2 with luma, they are listed in the guide), upgrade your console from system settings, if it still fails, do a 9.2 crt transfer (the same thing you did to get to 2.1), that sould leave you with a proper upgradable nand.

Reactions: Classicgamer

Classicgamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
so I did that, the system failed boot at 4.3 even with the extra files in luma so I used the ctr 9.2 image and proceeded to update via system settings. it still fails to update after ~90% progress bar. i'll try safe mode update next...

update...which luma likely blocks lol.. thoughts?

Last edited by Classicgamer,

rikumax25!

Keyblade Wielder
Trophies
XP
Country
Costa Rica
so I did that, the system failed boot at 4.3 even with the extra files in luma so I used the ctr 9.2 image and proceeded to update via system settings. it still fails to update after ~90% progress bar. i'll try safe mode update next...

update...which luma likely blocks lol.. thoughts?
luma doesnt block updates.
Check if you have any weird DNS setting

Classicgamer

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
luma doesnt block updates.
Check if you have any weird DNS setting

right, however it still refused to update (first with no cfw, then with luma).

I managed to get it to update using sleep mode though. I closed the system, waiting 5 min, opened system and it said an update is available. upon clicking ok; I agree the system updated right there above home menu.

Reactions: rikumax25!

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: It's mostly the ones that are just pictures and no instructions at all