Hardware Nyko power pak+ and a 3DS case

dire-x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I just got my 3DS a few minutes ago and now I'm looking to buy a few things for it. Hori screen protectors, a Nyko Power Pak+ and a protective case that I can have on while playing. My question is since the Nyko Power Pak+ adds bulk to the 3DS what are my options for protective cases that I can use with the Power Pak+? I'd really hate to get the case and have it not fit on with the Power Pak...

EphenSteve

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
theres currently no full body case that is supported for the nyko battery + it adds bulk to the bottom so the cases wont fit, you can however find an aluminum case for the top and bottom that are not connected at the hinge and they just slide onto the 3ds but you will be buying both parts they dont just sell the top piece.

dire-x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Thanks for the reply.

So it looks like I'm down to deciding between protection for my 3DS or extra battery life... Man I really don't want to have to make this kind of a choice however I'll probably be going for protection then.

Langin

Trophies
XP
Country
Netherlands
Darmanitan said:
Get the Nyko and a protective pouch instead of a case.

I need to say that this is the best there is in a combination. I have a protective case(you know where you can store games etc.) thats should help also.

dire-x

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Are there any protective pouches that are comfortable to use while playing the 3DS? I've seen some but they don't look like they are meant to be used while playing.

Lucifer666

all the world needs is me
Trophies
XP
Country
United Kingdom
dire-x said:
Are there any protective pouches that are comfortable to use while playing the 3DS? I've seen some but they don't look like they are meant to be used while playing.

They're not meant to be used while playing.
Just make sure it's with you wherever you go and slip your 3DS in there as long as you're not playing.
If you're an extremist like myself, you'd lay the 3DS in the pouch and hold 'em up both together when playing.
wink.gif

(By the way, I am referring to the protective pouches that have zippers along the edge.. like this one here and not that.

Tapia Would

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
gumbyx84 said:
This is what I use. http://www.amazon.com/DS-Universal-Super-M...o/dp/B004KPIX1O It fits my 3DS (with Power Pak+) quite nicely. it also has room for 6 game carts (including 3DS games). Found mine at Toys 'R Us for $15. Second best purchase for my 3DS next Power Pak+.
is it comfortable to play and have that on at the same time and does it secure it good?

gumbyx84

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Tapia Would said:
gumbyx84 said:
This is what I use. http://www.amazon.com/DS-Universal-Super-M...o/dp/B004KPIX1O It fits my 3DS (with Power Pak+) quite nicely. it also has room for 6 game carts (including 3DS games). Found mine at Toys 'R Us for $15. Second best purchase for my 3DS next Power Pak+.
is it comfortable to play and have that on at the same time and does it secure it good?
Do you mean the case for Power Pak+? The case is for storage only. If you mean the PP+, then yes it is comfortable to hold it. I bought mine with my 3DS so I don't have much experience with the "base" 3DS. From little I have had (demo units, store sample, show demos), i can say the PP+ makes it easier to hold. Wish it was bit larger (I have large hands) but it it was any bigger we wouldn't ever be able to find a case.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: The mutated Axolotl was awesome