Hardware NYKO POWER GRIP PRO AWESOME!

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Now THAT'S more like it, does come at a price though.
Keeping that thing attached means you can't just unequip the circle-pad pro at a whim, for all the games that don't use it.
And by extension that means the face buttons are hard to use.
Even games that do use CPP use face buttons as well, the access is not impeded much.

awssk8er

Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
United States
Haha, it's funny how I saw this on Engadget first, and all the comments are hating on it, then people love it here.

It looks nicer than the Circle Pad Pro, but still bad. I've never had a problem with the battery, so don't really care about the extra battery. I hate how it covers the entire thing because I've never dropped my 3DS and it just makes it bigger. The 3DS is the perfect size to begin with. It just fits in my pocket. I don't know how the hell you could ever fit this thing in a pocket.

But hey. Let's look on the bright side. It's a better job than Nintendo did.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
Keeping that thing attached means you can't just unequip the circle-pad pro at a whim, for all the games that don't use it.
Even games that do use CPP use face buttons as well, the access is not impeded much.
Yeah but the regular L and R buttons that comes on the attachment does not work as it relies on infrared input so you have to use the default L and R buttons on the system which is slightly less convenient when you have the extra length from the attachment.

Foxi4

Endless Trash
Global Moderator
Trophies
XP
Country
Poland
Yeah but the regular L and R buttons that comes on the attachment does not work as it relies on infrared input so you have to use the default L and R buttons on the system which is slightly less convenient when you have the extra length from the attachment.
The render is made at a little bit unclear fashion, but from what I can see, Nyko made an extra attachment on a hinge to extend the lenght of the L and R buttons, fixing the inheritent problem of the original CPP. Take a closer look.

Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom
I wonder if this protects the 3DS from scratches properly.
It covers the whole system, so likely yes.

I just hope the price is alright and it doesn't block the card slots.

To be honest it depends on the inside of this grip, because if it's just only plastic, the 3DS will just get scratched, but if it's rubber from the inside and plastic from the outside, it'll most likely stay unscratched and safe.

FireGrey

Undercover Admin
Trophies
Website
www.youtube.com
XP
Country
I found this on Neogaf:

[u said:
chickdigger802[/u]]The Power Grip Pro for the Nintendo 3DS is an analog slider controller case with extended battery. The hard protective case helps to prevent scratches and dings, and the ergonomic design provides optimal comfort and control. Gamers will enjoy the added control and functionality of the analog slider as well as triple the playtime. The Power Grip Pro for Nintendo 3DS will be available at select retail stores nationwide in October 2012.

Seems as if it fixes the scratch problem as well.
I would just like to start by saying that what I predicted in the other thread turned out to be correct:
A CPP with extended battery for 3DS and fix the scratch issue.
I think this will be essential for 3DS owners and will pretty much turn your 3DS into whatever revision is coming up next.

jimmyemunoz

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I found this on Neogaf:

[u said:
chickdigger802[/u]]The Power Grip Pro for the Nintendo 3DS is an analog slider controller case with extended battery. The hard protective case helps to prevent scratches and dings, and the ergonomic design provides optimal comfort and control. Gamers will enjoy the added control and functionality of the analog slider as well as triple the playtime. The Power Grip Pro for Nintendo 3DS will be available at select retail stores nationwide in October 2012.

Seems as if it fixes the scratch problem as well.
I would just like to start by saying that what I predicted in the other thread turned out to be correct:
A CPP with extended battery for 3DS and fix the scratch issue.
I think this will be essential for 3DS owners and will pretty much turn your 3DS into whatever revision is coming up next.
I think you are stretching with that idea. Although you could be correct, unless they state directly that it addresses the screen scratching issue, I think it's safe to say that it doesn't. Once again, you could be correct though.

Reactions: 1 person
Trophies
Website
www.google.com
XP
Country
United Kingdom

stab244

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Here's a link to the official page for it. $30 isn't that bad. I wouldn't mind buying this if it didn't cover up my Zelda 3DS so well. I want to be able to show off my decals. :( Also I hope it doesn't impede the game slot like the CPP but I highly doubt that.

chavosaur

Chavo
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
But But... my beautiful zelda 3ds will be covered by plain blackness...
Y u no transparent?
annoyed-y-u-no.jpg

Reactions: 2 people

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
  • Psionic Roshambo @ Psionic Roshambo:
    Batman joined the Trans Justice League
    +2
  • Sicklyboy @ Sicklyboy:
    based af
    +2
  • Sonic Angel Knight @ Sonic Angel Knight:
    Forget the base, get on the roof.
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Is that a bat in your buckle or are you just happy to have me
    Wonder "Woman" lol you wonder if they are a woman?
    The Riddler has questions...
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Played a little of snow day glad I didn't spend $30
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's asthetic is okay maybe a good $10 grab
    Lol is it a game about doing cocaine?
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Probably in pvp
    I tried Balders Gate II on the PS2 a few minutes ago, not bad lol
    My back catalog of games is like that scene at the end of Indiana Jones where the arc of the covenant is being stored in a giant ass warehouse
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    At least I can will my game catalog to family members
    +1
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    It's your problem now bitches
    Put it in your will that in order to receive any money they have to beat certain games, hard games and super shitty games...
    Say 20 bucks per Ninja Gaiden on the NES lol 60 bucks for all 3
    People you like "Beat level 1 of Ms Pacman" lol
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Hello kitty ds is required
    +1
    Beat Celebrity Death Match on the PS1 omg tried it earlier today .... Absolutely trash
    Like -37 out of 10
    One of the worst games I have ever played
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    Make them rank up every cod game out
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    "Now I know why he took his own life"
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: "Now I know why he took his own life"