Nvidia Shield TV porting Wii library in China.

Brenry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Couldn't find anything on the subject through searches here, and honestly just found out about this myself on the Nvidia Shield TV forums. This past month Nintendo has partnered with Nvidia to integrate their Wii library over to the Nvidia Shield TV. As you may be aware the Switch is the same hardware as Nvidia Shield TV. Nintendo and it's Virtual Library is nothing new, and the thought of running Wii or Wii U titles on my shield is not something I'd personally be interested in; however the titles are output at 1080p which is a big step from classic Wii/Gamecube mios which may interest some hobbiest. The real question I'm looking to the future is the possibility of running Switch titles on the Shield TV (which both are android based hardware).

Plenty of stories online, but one of them being:
https://www.vg247.com/2017/12/05/ch...bros-wii-with-more-nintendo-games-on-the-way/

Trailer:

Last edited by Brenry,

shaunj66

GBAtemp Administrator
Administrator
Trophies
Website
www.gbatemp.net
XP
Country
United Kingdom
They are streamed, not on the Nvida shield.
Not true. This was debunked a while back. However the Chinese shield runs a modified version of Android and so even if the APKs get leaked they'd likely be incompatible with the Shield TV released everywhere else.

Reactions: Jax_Ripper

Brenry

OP
Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Not true. This was debunked a while back. However the Chinese shield runs a modified version of Android and so even if the APKs get leaked they'd likely be incompatible with the Shield TV released everywhere else.

Appreciate the reddit discussion. But that still remains the possibility of using Switch games on this hardware.

Jax_Ripper

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Appreciate the reddit discussion. But that still remains the possibility of using Switch games on this hardware.
Nintendo would charge you for it.
That's only if they are even capable of such .
Hey , you never know![emoji6]

Jax

Sent from my Z963VL using Tapatalk

Pickle_Rick

I'm a pickle Morty!
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
The Switch DOES NOT run Android. I think you meant that they run the same chipset.

I doubt they modded the Android ART runtime. Probably just language changes.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr