Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
All of them? ...you mean the only one that existed before this console right?

sure it was on android ...and it was a portable device.
I expected that they would get out of the limitations of a OS meant for portable devices, such as android, when going to the route of a full fledged console. Using, who knows, another linux based OS, or even Windows 10 (since they work with Microsoft doing video cards for decades..).

But still android? ...meh

Two, actually.. And y'know.. Sure they can do windows, but why? It's not meant to be a computer.

.. And another Linux based os? Like the ouya right? Loosely based off android, but still.. It died pretty quick.. They haven't even put out one each year, like they had planned.

Walker D

I have a hat
Trophies
XP
Country
Brazil
Two, actually.. And y'know.. Sure they can do windows, but why? It's not meant to be a computer.
yup.. ..but could be meant to be a console, a streaming machine, a Steam console, and whatever else you want it to be. It's really a bigger scope with windows or another linux oses.

Kioku

猫。子猫です!
Trophies
Website
www.twitch.tv
XP
Country
United States
yup.. ..but could be meant to be a console, a streaming machine, a Steam console, and whatever else you want it to be. It's really a bigger scope with windows or another linux oses.
Then they would have to change the hardware to work right. Currently, the x1 processor would only allow an rt variant of Windows. Unless I'm missing something.

LightyKD

Future CEO of OUYA Inc.
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Many of you know me as the OUYA guy so of course I'm gonna drop my two cents.

1 - I LOVE this console! Not so much the design but the specs.
2 - The 199.99 price is awesome! The thing is neck and neck with the Wii U and having Shield and Wii U at the same graphics range will do wonders for both
3a - If OUYA does not give me a K1 OUYA 2 @ $130 - $150 I will be looking really closely at this as my Android console for next year.
3b - If 3a happens I'll grab one of these babies, install the OUYA UI to it and transfer all of my OUYA games to this thing and this will be my OUYA 2
3c - Either Playcast adds more games for their OUYA service and I stay on my current console or OUYA makes updated hardware. Tegra 3 did it's job for a while but now it's time for a upgrade.
4 - Happy times for Android gaming is ahead!
5 - FIFTY AAA games coming to Android via this console. HEll YEAH
6 - Where's my Mass Effect EA?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    I @ idonthave: :)