Android Nvidia Shield Branded Devices can't install Fire Emblem Heroes!

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Look, I may not be the first person to hear this from considering I don't really play fire emblem games and all, but I think this needs to be shared. It came to my attention after finding the game on google play after browsing some apps and suggestions that i can't download it. It doesn't appear on the google play of the device at all. To be fair i find it strange. (Requirements for the app is android 4.2) I'm running android 7 nougat on both tablet and tv devices. (Ignore nexus as is 4.1 and outdated)

Chrome_20170321_204727.png

So even if i wanted to play this i couldn't try it. Considering the devices was released and is still relevant today, i dunno why this is the way it is. Hopefully it could change somehow later but just finding this shocking thing is bad. I must point out that Super mario run also launches Thursday March 23 2017 on android And i also can't find it on the devices play store. I should assume it can't be downloaded either. Ignoring the fact android tv can't use it, is fine considering is mostly a mobile game but how a high priced performance tablet running android 7 nougat can't get these games astonished me. Is it nintendo, or nvidia, or google the reason for this? Maybe it will be on switch? I dunno. :wtf:

Reactions: Subtle Demise

AxlSt00pid

Trophies
XP
Country
Spain
Now, I don't own any Nvidia Shield devices (Switch counts?), nor I know anything about them.
But since they run android, have you tried to download and install the .apk of the game?

Reactions: Subtle Demise

migles

All my gbatemp friends are now mods, except for me
Trophies
XP
Country
China
Just because something isn't downloadable on the Play store doesn't mean it can't be installed. 99% of the time the app works just fine if you sideload it.
i am more interested about the fact this games got nvidea blacklisted...
maybe GPU\CPU incompatibilities?

of course the wonders of android is you can side load as your will, and with root it is even better but i wonder what is happening with the device

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
i am more interested about the fact this games got nvidea blacklisted...
maybe GPU\CPU incompatibilities?

of course the wonders of android is you can side load as your will, and with root it is even better but i wonder what is happening with the device
There are a lot of reasons an app could be considered "incompatible" on some devices. Location, DPI and Android version are the biggest reasons, it's almost never a CPU/GPU incompatibility since a vast majority of Android devices use similar hardware (Shield devices included). The only time your hardware may be the issue is when you're using one of Intel's x86 CPUs in a Smartphone (The early Asus Zenphone's, for example, were incompatible with a lot of apps).

EDIT: And those Tegra only games like Half Life 2 and Portal, but technically you could install and play them on devices that have the proper OpenGL support.

Last edited by Tom Bombadildo,
Reactions: Nikolay

BigPanda

Trophies
XP
Country
Belgium
Fire Emblem is not compatible with Samsung S5 based on Google Play Store but I played many hours on the train by installing the apk and my device is rooted.

Enteking

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Rooted devices seem to be blocked, some Samsung devices also cannot install the game. But it works when using alternative sources to download the APK.
Unfortunately, Android is unusable without root. Due to spyware and bloatware and bad resource management, you can more than double the battery time of your phone by rooting your device and using an autostart manager and apps like Greenify / Dozzzer.

Sonic Angel Knight

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
portable supports up to 5.1
I see. Well i had my out of service for over 2 years so i had not been updated on those firmware, i hated using it after a specific update cause it had some NO SD CARD WRITE issue that wasn't resolved until a marshmelllow was released i think.

Also the point here isn't "You can just side load it" Is "Why can't it be installed from the app store?" Cause i don't see a reason why this is like this.:mellow:

Tom Bombadildo

Dick, With Balls
Trophies
Website
POCKET.LIKEITS
XP
Country
United States
How are we supposed to know why Nintendo does anything they do? They're so ass-backwards when it comes to modern anything it wouldn't surprise me if they just closed their eyes and picked devices at random from a list.

They likely just submitted a "support devices" compatibility list when they added the game to the Play store instead of basing compatibility off Android version/DPI/Location like everyone else, so devices not on their little list are marked as "incompatible" even though they're almost guaranteed to be compatible.

Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

shinrukus

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Its not all Shield Branded devices, as to why you can't on Shield Tablet, idk, but Shield Portable it installs fine. I'm not into it enough to care to play, but it does load up, and install from the app store just fine. Games like this however very rarely make it to Shield TV though

Edit: They could also be planning to bring this to the Switch, and having this on Shield Tablet and Switch could be like competing against itself... idk honestly

Last edited by shinrukus,
Reactions: Sonic Angel Knight

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • No one is chatting at the moment.
    K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2: https://youtu.be/MddR6PTmGKg?si=mU2EO5hoE7XXSbSr