Hardware Nunchuck Motion Plus Problem. Help!

s7ravis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I have two official wii controllers, 1 nunchuck & 2 motion plus

My problem is that I can use any of the wii controllers with the nunchuck fine - good times

I connect the motion plus to any of the controllers and work fine - good times

I connect the nunchuck to the motion plus (trying to play on wii sports resort) and it is not recognised - bad times

Please can anyone help as to why this is happening? I have tried every combination, and 100% sure im connecting the motion plus and nunchuck correctly. Everything works individually ok, but when using motion plus & nunchuck together I have no solution.

Anyone else with same problem?

ozguy

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Do you have the WM+ in the lock position?
Possibly the extra strain of the nunchuck cable is causing it to not make a connection.

s7ravis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
WM+ is in lock position, Its correctly attached. I really cant think of why its happening.

I am thinking its something to do with a loose connection as when I connect the nunchuck it shows up as connected in wii sports resort for a quick second then disappears (on player select screen). It does this everytime you unplug & connect the nunchuck to the motion plus.

It just seems odd that both my WM+ are doing this, one came with sports resort and I bought the other one separately. Could it be a battery related issue? do the remotes need more juice to run with WM+ and nunchuck?

Natazza

Newcomer
Trophies
XP
Country
Hiya,

I have just got the Motion Plus and have noticed that when playing boxing on Wii Fit, sometimes the nunchuck punches aren't registering. It is intermittent so I also am guessing that it is a connection problem. I also have them in the locked position.

It will be interesting to see if anyone else has a similar problem.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
s7ravis said:
WM+ is in lock position, Its correctly attached. I really cant think of why its happening.

I am thinking its something to do with a loose connection as when I connect the nunchuck it shows up as connected in wii sports resort for a quick second then disappears (on player select screen). It does this everytime you unplug & connect the nunchuck to the motion plus.

It just seems odd that both my WM+ are doing this, one came with sports resort and I bought the other one separately. Could it be a battery related issue? do the remotes need more juice to run with WM+ and nunchuck?

I believe you'll find that the connection issue lies with your nunchuk. I had a friend with nearly the same issue (except he was having the issue that you describe W/O motionplus occasionally as well... but motionplus exacerbated the problem). He got a new nunchuk, and all is well.

imapterodactyl

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Natazza said:
Hiya,

I have just got the Motion Plus and have noticed that when playing boxing on Wii Fit, sometimes the nunchuck punches aren't registering. It is intermittent so I also am guessing that it is a connection problem. I also have them in the locked position.

It will be interesting to see if anyone else has a similar problem.

I don't think so. I believe if it was a connection issue, an error message would pop up on your screen telling you to reconnect the nunchuk. Punching w/ the nunchuk is a little flaky anyway.... try punching harder.

lostdwarf

Trophies
Website
www.rockstarleeds.com
XP
Country
it could be your connector on your nunchuk or the connector on your motionplus,
have you got 2 nunchuks and 2 motion plus and 2 remotes?

if so test all possible connections then post your findings,
also try cleaning the nunchuk connector that might help a lot.

my nunchuk works perfectly in my motion plus and the battery only seems to last half hour or so less when playing wii resort non-stop all day.

s7ravis

OP
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I will try a friends nunchuck and post the findings. But as I already said the nunchuck works perfectly using both my standard wii remotes, no connection problems at all.

So why the nunchuck should fail with WM+ has me confused.

anymous12

Trophies
XP
Country
Indonesia
I have the same problem here as s7ravis

I bought the wii motion plus years back and it works perfectly fine until now.

My Problem is that

When I connect my wii remote to the WM+ - works fine
When I connect my wii remote to the Nunchuk - works fine
When I connect my wii remote to the WM+ and the nunchuk to the WM+ - It doesn't recognise the nunchuk

Any ideas??

thanks

nutella

Low Glycemic Index
Trophies
Website
Visit site
XP
Country
Its most likely the nunchuck. I highly doubt its the Wiimote of WM+ because its unlikely that both the Wiimotes or WM+ are not working. If you really have tried all combinations, I can almost guarantee the problem is with the nunchuck.

DiggyBoo

Trophies
XP
Country
Serbia, Republic of
anymous12 said:
I have the same problem here as s7ravis

I bought the wii motion plus years back and it works perfectly fine until now.

My Problem is that

When I connect my wii remote to the WM+ - works fine
When I connect my wii remote to the Nunchuk - works fine
When I connect my wii remote to the WM+ and the nunchuk to the WM+ - It doesn't recognise the nunchuk

Any ideas??

thanks

Hello =)
I have a similar problem. And i could add that I had this problem with 2 full set(Wii remote;WM+;Nunchuck) per moment. I played in Blood Steel 2 and when it happends with first set, i tried another one, but there were the same problem - didn't work too... 2 sets per moment... it's very strange.
Ideas? =)

Thanks =)

bugaveli

Banned!
Banned
Trophies
XP
Country
United States
i have this problem with avatar, its random though, sometimes when paused and im away thw normal remote connection lost message comes up, when i press the button it tells me to connect a nunchuk, fiddling with it fixes it. Im convinced that the problem lies within a black wiimote and a white WM+ and chuk. Cant we all just get along?

paulee123

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
I think it's something to do with IOS updates.

Before the days of MH3, NMH2 etc i had no problem using the nunchuck on game such as Little King's Story and deadly creatures.

Now in the days of MH3 and NMH2 these games can't be recognized by the nunchuck when plugged into the wm+ remote.

But i can play COD MW reflex fine, RE:UC fine.

I don't think its the Nunchuck, if it was why does it work fine on these titles?

banbro

Trophies
XP
Country
United States
Has anyone found a solution to this problem? I would like to avoid buying a new WM+ if possible.

I have 4 original controllers, 2 nunchucks, & 2 WM+ and have tried all combinations. In all instances the same WM+ is the one that fails when either nunchuck is plugged in so I am 100% certain the issue is with the WM+. Of Course I no longer have the packaging or the receipt so I highly doubt a return would work.

If there is not a known fix and I am going to resort to just buying a new one anyway... I may just take it apart and see if I can figure out what is causing the failure.

Ideas?

Thanks...

Site & Scene News

Popular threads in this forum

General chit-chat
Help Users
  • K3Nv2 @ K3Nv2:
    @Sicklyboy, $150 isn't that bad for a jtag slim on ebay
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I only wish it was actually playable.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    There's a guy on the Tube of You that makes playable mechanical arcade games out of Lego. This could work on the same principle.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Just a couple of guys taking their manatee out for some fresh air, why you have to molest them?
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Stupid Chinese shop switched their shipping company and this one is slooooooow.
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    STOP BUYING CHINESE CRAP THEN
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    SUPPORT LOCAL PRODUCTS, MAKE REVOLUTION
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THEY KEEP REMOVING LOCAL SHIt AND REPLACING WItH INFERIOR CHINESE CRAP
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    THATS WHY MY PARTNER CANT GET A GOOTWEAR HIS SIZE ANYMORE
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    HE HAS BIG FOOT AND BIG DUCK
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    d*ck i mean*
  • LeoTCK @ LeoTCK:
    lol
  • Veho @ Veho:
    Mkay.
  • Veho @ Veho:
    I just ordered another package from China just to spite you.
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    Communism lol
  • SylverReZ @ SylverReZ:
    OUR products
  • The Real Jdbye @ The Real Jdbye:
    @LeoTCK actually good quality products are dying out because they can't compete with dropshipped chinese crap
    +2
  • BakerMan @ BakerMan:
    @LeoTCK is your partner the sascrotch or smth?
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Good morning
  • Xdqwerty @ Xdqwerty:
    Out of nowhere I got several scars on my forearm and part of my arm and it really itches.
  • AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78:
    Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit chip or was I scammed?
    AdRoz78 @ AdRoz78: Hey, I bought a modchip today and it says "New 2040plus" in the top left corner. Is this a legit...